Thread: 2014 RT Oil

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Oil

Hi Everyone! I tried to search for this so please excuse this stupid question. i need to add more oil to my 2014 RT-S. What brand do you recommend? I know Mobile makes a synthetic oil but what type etc.?

Spyder Garage

Surprised to see you need oil.. I have ridden 19500 miles without using a drop so far... If I was going to add I would simply add BRP blended that comes in it..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can't go wrong with BRP oil.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please throw another vote on the, "BRP Blended" pile for me!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am down just a tad. Just breaking this baby in. Been doing some very heavy mountain riding with twisties, shifting, etc. all summer. Not surprised i need a little bit of juice! Mobile 1 10-40 synthetic motorcycle oil has received get reviews.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Surprised to see you need oil.. I have ridden 19500 miles without using a drop so far... If I was going to add I would simply add BRP blended that comes in it..
    Wow. I have over 10k on my engine and add about 1/2 qt every 5-700 miles. Been like that from the day I got the new engine put in. (New engine after 86 miles, a bit of a freak event.) Anyone else use that much oil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

...("Wow. I have over 10k on my engine and add about 1/2 qt every 5-700 miles. Been like that from the day I got the new engine put in. (New engine after 86 miles, a bit of a freak event.) Anyone else use that much oil?""...

Used more than that on my '13 RTL. My '14 RT has used none in 3700 miles.
    2014 Black RT SE

Spyder Garage

I use full synthetic motorcycle oil 10W-40 with a JASO MA/MA2 rating, any full synthetic is a lot better than any blended oil and SE5 & SE6 shifters work better. I use Amsoil and I get it at dealers price. I'm have a Preferred Customer membership, it saves me money and it comes right to my door step. I use Amsoil products all my car, suv, Spyder, and all my lawn & garden equipment. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmbanker View Post
    Wow. I have over 10k on my engine and add about 1/2 qt every 5-700 miles. Been like that from the day I got the new engine put in. (New engine after 86 miles, a bit of a freak event.) Anyone else use that much oil?
    I've not heard of anybody who uses more...

Perhaps you should have a leakdown test done...

Spyder Garage

I personally would not mix different oils, the Spyder comes with BRP oil, so if you are adding, use BRP oil, if you are changing oils go with whatever you choose (choose wisely) and if you need to add any add the same kind.

Cruzr Joe <<(expert at not being an expert on anything, but always puts his .02 cents worth into the pot)
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Cruzr Joe <<(expert at not being an expert on anything, but always puts his .02 cents worth into the pot)
    ...But offers a "double Your Money Back!", guarantee!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...But offers a "double Your Money Back!", guarantee!

, I can't do that, i'd go broke

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer