Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    2014 ST/RS panels are not being used anymore! If you already have the new panels, then you got lucky. 2 dealers told me that heat issues will be fixed under the new procedure that was just released 05/26/2015 by BRP. That's how my problem is going to be fixed, that is all I know. I am not making this up. There are pictures of the new scoops on another thread, but I do not remember which thread. This is not my opinion, just what I was told. I get no thrill out of spinning BS!

Update:
    Here is a link to a thread of an RT with the new scoops: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3-RT-Roadsters

If the dealers are BSing, why would 2 dealers over 100 miles apart in 2 different states have the same story? Just my $.02.

Because you have two dealers that cannot READ. The recall issued by BRP on 5.26 is for 2013 RT models ONLY. The STs are NOT included in that nor would the kit even begin to fit an ST. 2013STs are being updated to 2014+ body panels as a customer service campaign, not a recall. You have to ask for it and the dealer has to verify the problem and then BRP authorizes the panel replacement.

Again, work with your dealer and nicely explain that the 2013 RT recall has nothing to do with the ST.

I would suggest also that you PM BRPCares for the straight answer and you can take that to the dealer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    The engine temp has everything to do it - lack of air flow is the problem ... all that heat had no place to go until they installed the 2014 Air Flow Panels on my ST. My panels got up to 182 degrees at one point. Now they are a reasonable temp.

Engine temp has nothing to do with it.

my engine temp according to the gauge has never changed.

Its a matter solely of the panels "holding" the heat in and getting heat soak.

Engine temps are regulated by the thermostat opening and heat radiated off/through the radiator...not regulated by any panels or scoops.

Spyder Garage

2014 ST/RS panels are not being used anymore! If you already have the new panels, then you got lucky. 2 dealers told me that heat issues will be fixed under the new procedure that was just released 05/26/2015 by BRP. That's how my problem is going to be fixed, that is all I know. I am not making this up. There are pictures of the new scoops on another thread, but I do not remember which thread. This is not my opinion, just what I was told. I get no thrill out of spinning BS!

Update:
    Here is a link to a thread of an RT with the new scoops: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...3-RT-Roadsters

If the dealers are BSing, why would 2 dealers over 100 miles apart in 2 different states have the same story? Just my $.02.
    The thread you quote is for an RT, the ST is a totally different animal and looks totally different than the pics shown in the thread you quote.

Spyder Garage

I understand what you are telling me about the heat problem and the 2014 side panels and how that fixes the problem. I can only go by what the dealer is telling me and he is taking his marching orders from BRP. When I contacted BRP-Care, all they had to say was for me to contact any authorized dealer and the dealer will "fix" the problem. At that they closed my problem and considered it resolved!!!! One of the dealers I talked to is the closest one to my home, they installed the BajaRon sway bar and billet links for me. I asked the folks in the service department about the heat problem and what was the fix. They said they are waiting for kits from BRP so they can start installing it on customer machines. I asked are you doing the same procedure for ST's and RT's? Their response was, "yes we are, that is what BRP has instructed us to do."
    So, I have no other option but to play this out and see where it ends up! If they screw up my Spyder I am going to be really P.O'd!
    OK, that is it, I am done, I got nothing else to say.

Spyder Garage

Ok. Fine I and several others have tried to give you the information. If you refuse to take it up with your dealer and SHOW them that the ST is not covered by that recall and how its being handled then just sit by and be happy with your predicament. The dealer you are speaking of has things all mixed up and they are NOT following the BRP instructions. Those instruction have been posted here for all to read. They are very clear. I'd have gotten my bike fixed by now. Oh, wait. I did.

Get it fixed or not. Its your choice. You have the information needed to get there. Use it or not.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I've not seen the full list of instructions, I searched for it but got no results. I never said I was giving up, I am very frustrated by the whole process. I see folks on here with positive resolution with '13 ST's and the place where I bought the Spyder claims to have never seen the problem. And no, I do not believe they only sold RS and RT models for the '13 model year.
    I am going to work a fix out somewhere, just don't know where at this point. Worst case, BRP has cut off the supply of 2014 side panels for 2013 ST's. Who knows why, but it would put dealers in spin mode if they cannot get parts.

Spyder Garage

I've not seen the full list of instructions, I searched for it but got no results. I never said I was giving up, I am very frustrated by the whole process. I see folks on here with positive resolution with '13 ST's and the place where I bought the Spyder claims to have never seen the problem. And no, I do not believe they only sold RS and RT models for the '13 model year.
    I am going to work a fix out somewhere, just don't know where at this point. Worst case, BRP has cut off the supply of 2014 side panels for 2013 ST's. Who knows why, but it would put dealers in spin mode if they cannot get parts.

THere is no conspiracy. Just lack of information in the right persons head. Oh, and flat to lazy to read what is given (the dealer, not you). The pdf of the recall notice and instructions is too big to upload here. Link to file:

https://drive.google.com/a/thornolis...ew?usp=sharing

Your dealer does not have to have 'seen the problem before' Just document that it exists on yours and contact BRP through BossWeb asking for permission to install 2014 ST side panels to fix body heat problem. BRP gives permission and parts of the right color are ordered. Its that simple.

If they still refuse to help, contact BRPCares and let him know the dealer is refusing to ask BRP to help on your behalf and ask for referral to a better dealer. This one is not a safety recall so the NHTSA would not be of much help to you.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Link no worky for me, says you have to have some sort of google account

Spyder Garage

I would suggest taking a photo of the new panels for the ST's that you have seen in this thread and show them to your dealer. If you search this forum I believe there is even a part number for the new panel kit. Maybe someone reading this can provide it. My panels were replaced by my dealer in Cartersville, GA last August. If you gave them a call they would know what you are talking about. Extreme Propulsion 770-386-9430.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Link no worky for me, says you have to have some sort of google account
    Should be fixed now. Had to change setting to share outside our domain.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default panels

I sent a e-mail to BRP about heat issues with my wife's 2013 STS. They got back to me the next day with a work order number and said to contact my dealer if they did not contact me. I called the dealer and they had the authorization to order the panels. Dealer didn't have to look at the spyder. Panels ordered and they should be here this week. The BRP rep said to keep in touch and let her know how the process is going. Seems BRP will work
    to get the problem fixed. She has actually called to see if we are getting the service we expect.

Spyder Garage

Both models will be getting intake scoops added to side panels, no new panels. This is all part of the notice released by BRP on 5/26/15.
    Unfortunately you are still getting some disinformation. For the ST you need the "Air Duct Retrofit Kit." This kit was made available to 2013 ST owners to upgrade the side panels to those introduced in 2014.

The May 26th BRP notice dealt with 2013 RT's only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Engine temp has nothing to do with it.

my engine temp according to the gauge has never changed.

Its a matter solely of the panels "holding" the heat in and getting heat soak.

Engine temps are regulated by the thermostat opening and heat radiated off/through the radiator...not regulated by any panels or scoops.

My engine does not overheat either, it never had. Is the heat from the engine building up in the engine compartment due to lack of air flow that caused the problem. . The new 2014 air flow panels alleviate that problem, allowing for proper air flow.

Spyder Garage

nhoj, thank you for the 2 pages from BRP!!!! I will forward those to the dealer I purchased my Spyder from, if that doesn't work I think the dealer nearest me will work. They seem very willing to help and were familiar with the problem. They were recommended by BajaRon to install the sway bar and links. They did the work quickly and I didn't feel like I needed a shower after I paid the bill and were very friendly group of folks.
    I do appreciate all the help and suggestions, I was feeling like I was banging my head against a wall and getting nowhere with the dealer where I bought the Spyder and I feel they should step up and make it right. The 2 pages from BRP should do the trick, if not, maybe a small explosive device. <--- Just kidding!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Should be fixed now. Had to change setting to share outside our domain.

Spyder Garage

Got mine done by contacting BP. It took two tries and the second time I included pictures of the redness on my leg incurred while riding. Panels replaced and no more leg burns.

Do what you gotta do, right?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well I am excited to say that BRP has committed to also fixing my bike. My part arrives tomorrow and my bike will be all fixed up with the new air duct retrofit kit which includes all the plastics on the side just like the 2014 ST models. No issues at dealer nor with BRP. I will post new pics once the bike is complete.

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Finally got my 2013 sts back and it looks just like the 2014. Thanks to Sunsports of Fort Myers and BRP. I went for a long ride and the plastics definitely feel cooler and so does the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Finally!

The dealer contacted me today, they got permission from BRP to order parts to fix my Spyder's heat problem! YEA!!!!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The dealer contacted me today, they got permission from BRP to order parts to fix my Spyder's heat problem! YEA!!!!!!!
    Great job. Welcome to the new design.

Spyder Garage

Great! Took about a week for mine to get here. They were installed yesterday. Look great and the wife is happy so life is good!

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, happy wife, happy life!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Awesome, you're going to love them and truly enjoy your summer.