Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in the Redwoods - After Action Report

We just got home this afternoon from Eureka, CA and Spyders in the Redwoods. We had a great time there but it was mostly all work and very little play for Joe and I. I'm not complaining, in fact I'm very pleased with the amount of work we did.

The weather there is quite odd, cold and foggy. Marine Layer is what they call it. Cold and foggy is what I call it. I can think of two businesses that would be huge failures there, sunglasses stores and air conditioning sales or service. Again I'm not complaining, it sure beats working in 100 + heat.

The event was held at the Red Lion Hotel and they did a great job and it was nice to have everything in one location. In fact my Spyder only went as far as the parking lot and it didn't move until we left to go home.

We saw some of the big redwood trees on our way in to Eureka but unfortunately we didn't get to ride the Avenue of the Giants to see the rest of them. Everyone who went on the group rides said they were great.

We saw old friends and made some new ones too which is the best part of being a spyderlover. Thanks to all of the event organizers you did a great job.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Enjoyed that area a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We just got home this afternoon from Eureka, CA and Spyders in the Redwoods. We had a great time there but it was mostly all work and very little play for Joe and I. I'm not complaining, in fact I'm very pleased with the amount of work we did.

The weather there is quite odd, cold and foggy. Marine Layer is what they call it. Cold and foggy is what I call it. I can think of two businesses that would be huge failures there, sunglasses stores and air conditioning sales or service. Again I'm not complaining, it sure beats working in 100 + heat.

The event was held at the Red Lion Hotel and they did a great job and it was nice to have everything in one location. In fact my Spyder only went as far as the parking lot and it didn't move until we left to go home.

We saw some of the big redwood trees on our way in to Eureka but unfortunately we didn't get to ride the Avenue of the Giants to see the rest of them. Everyone who went on the group rides said they were great.

We saw old friends and made some new ones too which is the best part of being a spyderlover. Thanks to all of the event organizers you did a great job.
    I stayed in Eureka, Ca for one night a couple years ago! We started out by San Francisco, then to Fort Bragg (Skunk Train to redwoods in that area), up the Pacific Coast Highway and onto the Valley of the Giants! WOW... Great area and natural beauty! Loved every minute of it -- except was in a rental car, not rydin' my Spyder Even with that said, it's a beautiful area and enjoyed the entire trip!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS GUYS!!

Got my 2014 RTS Squared Away with you guys. My report is it handles soooo much better. Was off 1 inch on left and 1/4 inch on right. Hope my Harley honey didn't bug you too much! So nice to finally meet you, but felt bad cause every time we saw you you were working. Hopefully see you next year and for everyone whom hasn't done the rolo laser, get on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!

Glad you both made it back safe and sound. You should have all those pebbles dug out of your knees by now and can relax a minute..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

When I got home I unwrapped my bike cover
    Still had some of that Marine Layer in it
    It was good to see you guys again and glade everything went well
    Don
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you very much Ann and Joe

I did not make an appointment because I had to be back at work on Wednesday, but Ann and Joe were kind enough to do an alignment on my 2013 RT late Monday afternoon at Eureka. My Spyder was over an inch out on one side and the other was not quite that bad, but both sides toed out. I never noticed the motorcycle pulling in any particular direction, and it seemed to corner either way just as easy, but even after installing the stiffer swaybar last winter, there was still some buffeting when i passed a big truck or went through a crosswind.
    On Tuesday after the alignment I had a nine hour ride home and i noticed then the alignment made that final difference I was looking for. In passing or following trucks
    i could feel the turbulence on me, but the motorcycle tracked straight and was not affected by the turbulence at all.
    Thank you again for taking the time for my alignment it was well worth it to me.
    Dean

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Headed out your way later today, should be there late Monday or early Tuesday.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Marine Layer" - a rare breed of amphibious chicken!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Tri Cities of Apple Valley, Hesperia, Victorville
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thanks Ann & Joe

Thanks for the alignment you two!! Mine was toed out on the right side by more than an inch and not too much on the left. As a noob, I really couldn't tell much difference while I was there, BUT, back on familiar roads back home, I could really tell it. I have a few "asphalt grooves" from the intense heat down here and the Spydey was difficult to handle. After the laser alignment from SquaredAway there was a wonderful improvement. It felt more solid and I felt more in control. Your alignment, coupled with the BajaRon bar is the best investment I have made on my . Thanks again!!
    PS Like you, I came from the heat to the "fog". Made for some "invigorating" rydes in the AM

Take Care,
    Allen B. (aka adlereins)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wish we were there,

But a move to Idaho this year prevented us going to SITR. Unfortunately, I have yet to find anyone in the Boise area, much less this state that does the alignment. We have 2 dealers close, but they seem clueless.

After all I have read, I really want to get my wife's 2011 RT Limited done.

Anyone know where the closest place we can go?

Maybe, SpyderAnn01 has a trip to Idaho in the future????

Spyder Garage

Default how many ROLO Laser Aligns

Spyder ANN

Rumors have it that you and Joe have done over 200 laser aligns using the TRUE LASER TRACK technology....Mike better watch out, you are catching up FAST...that makes you our number one alignment techs...Mike has done over 350 But what do you expect from the inventor...he better be an expert !!!! LOL

CONGRATS ANN AND JOE....

Spyder Garage

Default Got Squared Away Too!!!

Anne and Joe,

Thanks for getting my squared away and it was nice to see you guys again. I really noticed the difference when I was on the twisties heading to Kalmath Falls.. It handled a whole lot better....

Bruce