Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Heads up to any taking the Autotrain, based on a Spyder's size, you have to reserve 2 motorcycle spots. That's based on using the max measurements from the Amtrak website and calling and talking to them directly about shipping Can-Am Spyders. Good news is that means you'd also be covered with a trailer I'd think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
    Heads up to any taking the Autotrain, based on a Spyder's size, you have to reserve 2 motorcycle spots. That's based on using the max measurements from the Amtrak website and calling and talking to them directly about shipping Can-Am Spyders. Good news is that means you'd also be covered with a trailer I'd think.
    I am going to use the Autotrain and I was told to pay for the car rate, which is cheaper than 2 motorcycle charges.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder0ne View Post
    I am going to use the Autotrain and I was told to pay for the car rate, which is cheaper than 2 motorcycle charges.
    You dont have to pay the car rate.When I went I booked as a motorcycle.When I checked in they told me they were having to charge me a $50.00 surpless but it was cheaper than the car rate.
    I would talk to Amtrak and tell them it is a reverse trike 3 wheel motorcycle and see what they say.

Spyder Garage

Default Time to call Amtrak

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    You dont have to pay the car rate.When I went I booked as a motorcycle.When I checked in they told me they were having to charge me a $50.00 surpless but it was cheaper than the car rate.
    I would talk to Amtrak and tell them it is a reverse trike 3 wheel motorcycle and see what they say.
    Hummmm...wonder why she didn't offer me that $50 option! Time to call Amtrak back and press to test on this one!

Thanks for the heads up!

Jon

Spyder Garage

I called back to the Lorton, VA station and asked about only having a $50 up charge and I was told the $50 charge they have is for priority loading and unloading. They confirmed that Spyders have to pay the automobile rate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder0ne View Post
    I called back to the Lorton, VA station and asked about only having a $50 up charge and I was told the $50 charge they have is for priority loading and unloading. They confirmed that Spyders have to pay the automobile rate.
    I think Amtrak don't know if they are coming or going.I without knowing booked it as a motorcycle.When I got there they said it could not go as a motorcycle.It was not considered a car therefore they charged me the extra $50.00

Spyder Garage

We have a room for the whole week with Pets! We had a reservation at La Quinta by the Speedway and we may split the week between the 2 still crunching the #'s. Thanks for getting the rooms blocked!
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

I think Amtrak don't know if they are coming or going.I without knowing booked it as a motorcycle.When I got there they said it could not go as a motorcycle.It was not considered a car therefore they charged me the extra $50.00
    Just curious the 3 times we went the spyder cost was 112.00 what is it now?

Spyder Garage

The hotel advised me today that many Spyderlovers have called and booked.The hotel is filling right up for that last weekend of Bikeweek so if you still want to attend suggest calling The Country Inn & Suites and booking.Phone 386-760-0101,Sunbird Spyder group.

Spyder Garage

Lamonster announced 2 weeks ago that Lamonster Garage is playing a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP.It starts at the dealer meeting Sept 23rd and the a big showing at Daytona where Spyderlovers members will be guests of honor.
    Lamont wants as many of us as possible to show up for this event so lets support him.
    I have the Country Inn &Suites,Port Orange (Daytona)contracted for Spyderlovers at$164.00 per room per nt for the duration of Bikeweek.This will be the 4th time we are using this hotel for Spyderlovers.The price is only $5.00 higher than the last bikeweek held last March.Last bikeweek it was full of Spyderlovers and everybody loved the hotel.There is plenty of parking for both Spyders and trailers and this hotel is a good meeting place for Spyderlovers in the evenings.
    You may book as little as one night during the entire bikeweek.BRP have always in the past held Owners Appreciation Day the last Saturday of the event which would be Sat14th March.Most Spyderlovers book Thursday to the Sunday which in 2015 is march 12th -15th 3nts.
    To book call the hotel 386-760-0101 and quote the Sunbird Spyder group to secure this rate.The rate is approx $90.00 per nt cheaper than the rack rate so is a very fair deal for bikeweek.
    Bikeweek is a lot of fun.We go out in groups for dinner as well as rydes so lets make this a record breaking amount of Spyderlovers to show up and support lamonster Garage for this exciting event and participation of the showing of the 2015 Spyders.
    Many Spyderlovers have booked.Managed to get some more rooms for the 12th to 15th weekend when all the Spyderlovers have booked.
    If anyone srill wants to come call the hotel 386-760-0101 quoting The Sunbird Spyder Group.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks!
    I'll check that out this evening...

EDIT: It looks like about $491 round-trip...
    Daytona? Or SpyderFest??

I'm thinking of Daytona next year as well.
    Does that price include the vehicle also ? That seems a little low to me.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a question. I got my new '14 RT-S a month ago. I am still learning and getting more comfortable every week with the trike. My husband and I go out on rides together most times. He has a Road Glide. If we book a room can he join in some of the activities as far as rides or CanAm hospitality for owners?
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    I have a question. I got my new '14 RT-S a month ago. I am still learning and getting more comfortable every week with the trike. My husband and I go out on rides together most times. He has a Road Glide. If we book a room can he join in some of the activities as far as rides or CanAm hospitality for owners?
    Ofcourse he can.Everybody is welcome,Whatever you ride.There are a number of others attending on,Goldwings,Slingshots and BMW,sThe rides we do are fine,As far as the Can Am owners day,you have the Spyder so you just register.You get to ride the Daytona racetrack.I know of another couple who attend every year,She has an RT and he a Harley and I always see him on his bike during the ride,so no problem.
    Last edited by Ivorspyder; 10-28-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default autotrain

Just brought my spyder to Florida on the Autotrain. no extra charge. December 5,2014 We have a vacation home in Sarasota and take bike down in winter and back to Pa in April. See you at bike week Thurs Fri Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Lamonster announced 2 weeks ago that Lamonster Garage is playing a big part in the launch of the 2015 product line for BRP.It starts at the dealer meeting Sept 23rd and the a big showing at Daytona where Spyderlovers members will be guests of honor.
    Lamont wants as many of us as possible to show up for this event so lets support him.
    I have the Country Inn &Suites,Port Orange (Daytona)contracted for Spyderlovers at$164.00 per room per nt for the duration of Bikeweek.This will be the 4th time we are using this hotel for Spyderlovers.The price is only $5.00 higher than the last bikeweek held last March.Last bikeweek it was full of Spyderlovers and everybody loved the hotel.There is plenty of parking for both Spyders and trailers and this hotel is a good meeting place for Spyderlovers in the evenings.
    You may book as little as one night during the entire bikeweek.BRP have always in the past held Owners Appreciation Day the last Saturday of the event which would be Sat14th March.Most Spyderlovers book Thursday to the Sunday which in 2015 is march 12th -15th 3nts.
    To book call the hotel 386-760-0101 and quote the Sunbird Spyder group to secure this rate.The rate is approx $90.00 per nt cheaper than the rack rate so is a very fair deal for bikeweek.
    Bikeweek is a lot of fun.We go out in groups for dinner as well as rydes so lets make this a record breaking amount of Spyderlovers to show up and support lamonster Garage for this exciting event and participation of the showing of the 2015 Spyders.
    Over 100 nights booked for the last weekend.This is over 30 Spyder Ryders already booked.We have 10 rooms left on our contract for that big weekend at bikeweek so if you want to join us call the hotel number as above.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default bike week

We registered for two nights.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We are booked for the 12th - 15th. First time going to Daytona, and I live in the state...

Spyder Garage

Thee more Spyderlovers have booked.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Racetrack

When & where do we register to ride the race track?
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Usually it is sent to you as an owner by BRP or put on Spyderlovers.I think you can also do it on the day at the event.

Spyder Garage

I've never been to Bike Week. What should I expect at the host hotel? Will there be be Spyder vendors set up? I'm looking to get some farkles.

Spyder Garage

There are no vendors setup at the hotel.It is very informal.There must be certain vendors in and around Daytona showing.3 large main places with hundreds of vendors and many other places with vendors.You will see Spyders all over.its very informal at the hotel and Reggy Tricled usually leads some rides including a night ride.

Spyder Garage

Still some rooms on our group contract left.Over 30 Spyders registered,so if you are sitting on the fence book it before our contract runs out.

Spyder Garage

Still some rooms on our group contract left.Over 30 Spyders registered,so if you are sitting on the fence book it before our contract runs out.
    I have a Question, Will there be any Spyderlovers the 7th 8th and 9th, and will Lamonster be there Both weekends?

Thanks Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by midnightbreeze50 View Post
    I have a Question, Will there be any Spyderlovers the 7th 8th and 9th, and will Lamonster be there Both weekends?

Thanks Midnightbreeze
    I cannot answer for lamonster.He is normally there for the duration of bikeweek and you can usually find him at the BRP stand.Spyders will be coming in and out of bikeweek all the days so there may be a few at the hotel at any one time but the big influx is that 2nd weekend.