Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Evening.
    You seem to have a grasp on transmission. I have a 2016 Rt. My semi-auto will not shift into gear. Neutral flashes E.
    Can you direct me for help? Or do you know is happing.
    Beemer
    Sorry Beemer, but if you have a look at the date on the originating post in this thread, and the dates of the last few posts made just above your post bringing it back up, you'll notice that while the last few may be a fair way off the original topic of the thread, they were all posted at a time that's getting pretty close to 10 years ago now!! That's a big part of why it ALWAYS pays to check those dates I mentioned before posting in an old thread!! .

That said, a little mild thread archeology isn't necessarily a bad thing, and adding a post that'll bring an old thread back into play can be helpful, IF said post is actually on the topic of that old thread &/or adds to the knowledge base, or even if it might help broaden people's understanding of a subject; but this particular topic isn't really addressing your problem, altho it might help your understanding of what's actually going on in your bike right now; but bringing this thread back up and further discussing IT's topic rather than your problem is not likely to help as much as the thread where you've already posted your question anyway.

So while a couple of the posters in this thread are still around and may contribute to that other thread (they'll almost certainly see your post, as most long-term users check the 'New Posts' or 'Today's Posts' searches in order to see anything & everything that's happened since they were last on the boards anyway! ) your post asking about a specific problem with the transmission isn't really on this thread's topic, and the post you've already added to the other thread will most likely be more helpful to you and others as that thread develops over time, cos it IS on-topic there!! And we really don't want to make readers search across many more threads than they already have to just to get the answer on THAT particular problem - it's best to try and keep all that info & the problem's resolution in one place/thread, rather than spreading it out across a couple of (or more) unrelated threads!

Besides, if you've asked your question once and people have already responded to that particular question in that other thread, then dragging up even more (old) threads and asking us again/repeatedly probably won't help you much more/get you a quicker response; and doing that might even put off a few people who otherwise might potentially be of help to you....

So I strongly suggest that in this case, you stick with the other thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...at-was-the-fix
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-18-2024 at 02:53 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!