Spyder Garage

Default uo259 error code+-

I used my aftermarket horn to scare some buzzards off the road in front of me and the low level gas light came on for a few seconds. I tried the horn again and the light came back on for a few seconds and then the check engine light came on for a couple of seconds. Tried it one more time, same result. Checked for error code and UO259 came. up. Called a friend who has a list of codes and he said there are 3 code #s with asterisk together with my number and it says can buss id. Is that something to do with fuses? Has anyone had this happen? I am thinking maybe the horn used too much power from the battery and the computer brain malfunctioned. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Oops, almost forgot: 2013 RT 22,700 miles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I used my aftermarket horn to scare some buzzards off the road in front of me and the low level gas light came on for a few seconds. I tried the horn again and the light came back on for a few seconds and then the check engine light came on for a couple of seconds. Tried it one more time, same result. Checked for error code and UO259 came. up. Called a friend who has a list of codes and he said there are 3 code #s with asterisk together with my number and it says can buss id. Is that something to do with fuses? Has anyone had this happen? I am thinking maybe the horn used too much power from the battery and the computer brain malfunctioned. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Oops, almost forgot: 2013 RT 22,700 miles.
    Parts of your Spyder talk to each other over the electrical wires. This is called the CAN-BUS. Sometimes devices that you add to the Spyder can make so much electrical noise that they cannot talk to each other anymore. Think of it this way, it is like talking with someone on the telephone and there is so much static you cannot understand what the person on the other end of the line is saying. This is the first time I have heard of a horn doing this. The more common culprit are HID lights. It could be as simple as you made a bad connection to your horn, but more likely it is the horn itself.

What brand and model of horn was it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Parts of your Spyder talk to each other over the electrical wires. This is called the CAN-BUS. Sometimes devices that you add to the Spyder can make so much electrical noise that they cannot talk to each other anymore. Think of it this way, it is like talking with someone on the telephone and there is so much static you cannot understand what the person on the other end of the line is saying. This is the first time I have heard of a horn doing this. The more common culprit are HID lights. It could be as simple as you made a bad connection to your horn, but more likely it is the horn itself.

What brand and model of horn was it.
    Thanks for info, I can't find receipt for horn and don't remember name.(Old age CRS)

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

there must be some crossed wires somewhere. Horns don't usually cause this they just blow fuses...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    there must be some crossed wires somewhere. Horns don't usually cause this they just blow fuses...
    Thanks, I guess it's back to the dealer.