Spyder Garage

Default Battery Maintenance

I had to wear a coat in to work this morning, which made me start think about winterizing (too soon for that thought). Regardless, I live in WV where it gets COLD in the winter and I store Spydie under the carport with a cover on her. Last year I used the half length travel cover and maintained the battery through the power plug in the rear trunk - no problem. However, I just bought a full length cover and am wondering if I might end up losing the carport and my wife's car (and Spydie) when we get a concentrated cloud of vapors under the full length cover from maintaining the battery? Any thoughts???

Let's Roll

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MotownCruiser View Post
    I had to wear a coat in to work this morning, which made me start think about winterizing (too soon for that thought). Regardless, I live in WV where it gets COLD in the winter and I store Spydie under the carport with a cover on her. Last year I used the half length travel cover and maintained the battery through the power plug in the rear trunk - no problem. However, I just bought a full length cover and am wondering if I might end up losing the carport and my wife's car (and Spydie) when we get a concentrated cloud of vapors under the full length cover from maintaining the battery? Any thoughts???
    In the winter I have a full length cover on my Spyder for a few month and I have a battery tender jr. on my 2011 RS-S SE5 24/7 for the last 3 winters with no problems.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MotownCruiser View Post
    I use my Battery Tender all the time by plugging it in the rear trunk socket - just like you. NEVER had any issues of any vapors.

I have the full cover on it in the garage during the winter and leave the Tender on 24/7. No issues.

I would prefer to talk about summer, not winter though.....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac