Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
The owners response to another member here on the forum when he asked if they had "certified" BRP techs and where were their certificates was " I you don't like it here take your bike somewhere else." This was a guy down here in MB from NY I gave him another dealer to go to 2hrs away and he had all kinds off issues he was leaking a qt of oil every 500mi among them and the second dealer treated him right. So how do you think my conversation with the selling dealer would go. I doubt he even informed BRP of my complaints even though the techs said they did. No lemon laws in SC either I just want to ride and feel safe with my wife. We want to go cross country but I will not ride farther than 1hr from a dealer. I really do not know what to do right now. It sure looks pretty sitting in my garage and runs fine below 70deg though.
Dave,

I'm sure you've given this thing a LOT of thought, and you don't need anyone telling you what to do. So I'm just going to say three more [short] things and then I'll shut up about it - I promise

1. Don't let that the example you cited sway your mind. The fellow probably went in there with a "NY Attitude" (or at least that's the way the dealer saw it), and you KNOW that does not work very well in SC. (Heck, if I owned the shop and some guy implied that my people didn't know crap by asking where their BRP certifications were, I'd have been tempted to throw him out too.)

2. Sounds like you've got an uncaring selling dealer or maybe one with minimum integrity. Either way, he's using people. That's why I said in my earlier post, "even if you don't necessarily trust them". You paid your money. You don't need to put up with that.

3. Every 2013 RT owner has heat problems, but that's as far as it goes with most of us. (I've pretty much resolved mine by throwing a little money at it, as I've just posted in the RT forum.) BUT you've got something else going on that can and should be fixed by BRP. Having paid a lot of money for your 2013 RT, you owe it to yourself to force someone to make it right so that you can enjoy it. You should be able to make that cross-country trip with your wife.

Just follow the advice of Larry the Cable Guy... Git-r-Done!