Spyder Garage

Default ACF-50 and Salt-Away - Looking for feedback

Know it summertime but looking for some info on winter riding protection for the Spyder. Anyone have experience with either ACF-50 or Salt-Away for use on your bikes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't ride in the Winter because of all of the salt that they pour onto our roads...
    This information could become useful
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I use ACF 50 , squirt a bit on a cloth and wipe over the surface to be protected , a little goes a long way .
    must admit , I try not to ride in winter though .

Spyder Garage

Appreciate the feedback and still looking for advice from someone who is a year round rider and has had experience with cleaning their Spyder to avoid corrosion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We used salt away on our boat and jet skis for years. Works good and as described. However, we had just as good of results with a good dish soap.

Spyder Garage

Default Salt-Away

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwoman View Post
    Know it summertime but looking for some info on winter riding protection for the Spyder. Anyone have experience with either ACF-50 or Salt-Away for use on your bikes.
    I have used Salt-Away regularly (after every use) to flush a SeaDoo that lives in the GOM. There is no evidence of corrosion on the jet ski. When I use a small boat in salt water I flush the motor with Salt-Away and have had no trouble. IMO, Salt-Away is a great product but I have no experience using it on an automobile. I don't just flush but rather I soak the whole SeaDoo/boat with the product then finish with a fresh water rinse. My friends who trailer boats to salt water also soak and rinse their trailers.