Thread: Error Code 1171

Spyder Garage

Default Error Code 1171

Ok, so I am getting a 1171 error code and the first open appointment is August 5. What happens if I continue to ride with this code?

Not Wanting to Sit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderlady11 View Post
    Ok, so I am getting a 1171 error code and the first open appointment is August 5. What happens if I continue to ride with this code?

Not Wanting to Sit
    All error codes start with a letter B,C,P or U. If you mean P1171 then that is lean bank 2 likely a dealer issue.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    All error codes start with a letter B,C,P or U. If you mean P1171 then that is lean bank 2 likely a dealer issue.
    Yes it is P1171. So is it ok to drive for a few days?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How is the bike running?
    I wonder if the "lean bank" code can just be caused by a leaky vacuum line?

If the bike seems to be running okay; I'd keep the trips short and within range of helping hands...

...But I'd ride it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Code is system too lean bank 1. This means that Bank 1 is not getting enough fuel. The code also has to do with the injection & fuel supply system. The dealer would have to check these systems. A lean cylinder runs hot which puts more stress on the cylinder. I don't think I would ride it. Did you by chance ask the service department if it is safe to ride without doing damage? If not, call them back. Also, maybe plead with them to get you in sooner. Good Luck.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic