Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

With any luck we can harm BRP financially and make them decide to discontinue manufacturing and selling the spyder lineup all together
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    With any luck we can harm BRP financially and make them decide to discontinue manufacturing and selling the spyder lineup all together
    I don't get it? I've been dealing with BRP Care for months and they don't want to accept the fact that they have a design flaw, I never said it was with all models, but the 2013 line up has some serious problems and if they're not willing to handle the problems, that's what the NHTSA is for, to protect the consumers. Replacing the body panels with the newly designed 2014 scoop panels is the least they can do for their customers under a warranty situation, as far as the RT's are concerned, there has been numerous fires and they are all well documented, I guess we should just take a hugh hit in the wallet and all trade our bikes in for the improved 2014's, must be nice to have that kind of money.....SMH

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I don't get it? I've been dealing with BRP Care for months and they don't want to accept the fact that they have a design flaw, I never said it was with all models, but the 2013 line up has some serious problems and if they're not willing to handle the problems, that's what the NHTSA is for, to protect the consumers. Replacing the body panels with the newly designed 2014 scoop panels is the least they can do for their customers under a warranty situation, as far as the RT's are concerned, there has been numerous fires and they are all well documented, I guess we should just take a hugh hit in the wallet and all trade our bikes in for the improved 2014's, must be nice to have that kind of money.....SMH
    The only thing that will make BRP do anything about this situation is to hurt them financially and that still may not help us one bit in resolving our issues. It's been said many times before, but paying 25k for a brand new machine that has a heat issue like this is not acceptable.

Spyder Garage

Default Hay Bud! I understand!

I ordered My Panels Like three weeks ago. Can you say BACK ORDERED!!! But I think I will be happy when I finally get them installed. As you know I've been dealing with the heat issues sense it was New. I also smell the gas fumes, but I don't know if the gas ever boiles? I would also like to do the Cat delete but don't want to delete the rest of my warranty! So thats on hold for me! Hope all turns out good for you! I did not contact BRP Because I Just want the heat to be gone and don't want to deal with it for another 6 months or what ever, and I just don't have the time to deal with them and I always just figured I would have to live with the heat! Just hope the kits gets here soon! South FL. Is Hot this time of year and My Butt Feels Like its going to burst into flames when on a long ryde! But Im going to keep ryding Her Because I Just Love Love Love My Spyder!

Safe Ryding Ya All
    Kubie

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Spyder Garage

I'm just trying to get them to admit the design flaw with the CAT under the fuel tank and it's been a known problem from the start.

What is the CAT?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lemon laws

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsm69 View Post
    I'm done dealing with BRP Care and the dealer is following the company line, just file your complaint here; https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

I think you will be surprised how fast the NHTSA moves when they get a complaint, they already have a hugh case against BRP and I see big changes coming, they have interviewed me already and are coming from Washington, DC to take photos of my bike after the new panels are installed, this will be a warranty issue in the very near future and there is also a case for the CAT under the fuel tank
    I got the long straw in that after my dealer replaced the thermostat I don't go above 5 bars. At least for now.

Do any of these issues qualify for the LEMON laws? I know that not all states are the same but most have some kind if law in place.

I just heard about a recall for Harley. If something is sour with our SPYDERS will BRP tell us about it or do we have to keep on top of the dealer??

2013 ST-S Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    I got the long straw in that after my dealer replaced the thermostat I don't go above 5 bars. At least for now.

Do any of these issues qualify for the LEMON laws? I know that not all states are the same but most have some kind if law in place.

I just heard about a recall for Harley. If something is sour with our SPYDERS will BRP tell us about it or do we have to keep on top of the dealer??

2013 ST-S Yellow
    There isn't a problem with the engine itself overheating, it's the heat that is generated and being trapped underneath the tupperware that is the issue. It gets hot enough that you would need layers of clothing to protect you from the heat and then still you would still feel the heat somewhat. I tried shorts and flip flops once while in Las Vegas and almost burned my skin off, that won't happen again.

Spyder Garage

Default A Happy Spyder!

My Spyder ST-L got it's updated 2014 panels at the dealer yesterday under warranty! All I can say is WOW what a difference! Before I could go less than a mile before I had 5-6 bars on the screen and after on the ride home I had only 3-4 bars all the way home! Before my left side panels got so hot they burned my hands and now they only get warm to the touch and that is in town riding! This and RonJons sway bar and links were the best money I have spent on my Spyder! To all be persistant and don't give up when dealing with the factory! And to my dealer and BRPCare thank you for taking care of this!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default To answer your questian

Quote Originally Posted by pwpalmbay View Post
    I'm just trying to get them to admit the design flaw with the CAT under the fuel tank and it's been a known problem from the start.

What is the CAT?

it is the Catalytic converter

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Best money spent?

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    My Spyder ST-L got it's updated 2014 panels at the dealer yesterday under warranty! All I can say is WOW what a difference! Before I could go less than a mile before I had 5-6 bars on the screen and after on the ride home I had only 3-4 bars all the way home! Before my left side panels got so hot they burned my hands and now they only get warm to the touch and that is in town riding! This and RonJons sway bar and links were the best money I have spent on my Spyder! To all be persistant and don't give up when dealing with the factory! And to my dealer and BRPCare thank you for taking care of this!
    OK so I'm not the brightest light in the room. Somebody, anybody clue me in. How come some Spider owners are getting the 2014 panels under warranty and others have to pay??????????????????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    OK so I'm not the brightest light in the room. Somebody, anybody clue me in. How come some Spider owners are getting the 2014 panels under warranty and others have to pay??????????????????

All comes down to your dealer. That is the difference.

Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

My panels were ordered last Friday and will arrive at the dealership on Wednesday, BRP Care is still reviewing my claim to cover the cost, they have been somewhat difficult but I think the end result will end with the paying for the upgraded panels, all I can say is if they do, it was worth it.

As far as the CAT is concerned, I think having more air into the engine compartment with the new panels will fix the boiling fuel problem caused by the CAT, here's hoping BRP Care doesn't drag their feet on the claim.

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default CAT

What is the CAT?

Spyder Garage

Default CAT

Quote Originally Posted by pwpalmbay View Post
    What is the CAT?
    A catalytic converter is a vehicle emissions control device that converts toxic pollutants in exhaust gas to less toxic pollutants by catalyzing a redox reaction (oxidation or reduction). Catalytic converters are used in internal combustion engines fueled by either petrol (gasoline) or diesel—including lean burn engines.

On the 2013 Spyder, it's located under the bike between the foot peg or floor board castings directly under the fuel tank, it was redesigned by BRP for the RT's a few years earlier than the current 2013 - 2014 models of the RS and ST's, this used to be part of the muffler assembly on older models and in the open air beside the bike

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited