Spyder Garage

Default Laser allignement

Hi guys,I think I need a laser alignment ,I got my bike about 4 weeks ago, was not happy with the way it handled,I told the dealership and they just blew me off.
    i had the BRP shock and sway bar kit installed,not a big improvement,so now I'm thinking alignment .the dealership wants 150.00 to do it.i was thinking it should have been done once the front end work was done,they said no I have to pay for it.
    is that true,does anyone know ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genet View Post
    Hi guys,I think I need a laser alignment ,I got my bike about 4 weeks ago, was not happy with the way it handled,I told the dealership and they just blew me off.
    i had the BRP shock and sway bar kit installed,not a big improvement,so now I'm thinking alignment .the dealership wants 150.00 to do it.i was thinking it should have been done once the front end work was done,they said no I have to pay for it.

Unfortunately it is true. (there may be exceptions) I have recommended to my dealer that he make it SOP to have the laser alignment done at the time of sale of a spyder. They can add the charge to the setup fee.

​Chris

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ALIGNMENT

...The only alignment procedure I would consider is the ROLO/OUTLAW lazar system.....If the dealer you are referring to is charging that much money He/they are over-charging you......Check here on the HOME page for the dealers or independents in your area that do this. Normally the cost is $125 ..........Mikeguyver................PS the more info you supply ...the better the answers you will get

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't get the dealers to do it. Those that are starting to do it are just learning how and paying to be a guinea pig is wrong.

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST Limited
    1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you anywhere near St. Petersburg? Precisyion Trac (Clair & Vicky Bird) are there and they do Rolo Laser Alignments. They are a sponsor and you can find their info on the home page.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you anywhere near St. Petersburg? Precisyion Trac (Clair & Vicky Bird) are there and they do Rolo Laser Alignments. They are a sponsor and you can find their info on the home page.
    Thanks Ann,
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genet View Post
    Our price is $120.00 if your near us in St Pete and we have ton lots of spyders!
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Not sure where you are in Davenport, but the city itself is about centered between St Petersburg and Edgewater (ROLO headquarters).

As far as dealerships go, not sure where you bought your Spyder but if you are not satisfied with them you might look into Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. They do a lot to sponsor Spyder events in the area and when I have had to have anything done to my byke that I needed dealer support on, they have done a good job. (I lived in Kissimmee for a couple of years while going to school)

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture