Spyder Garage

Default FUN BIKE --Dont you believe it

There is a dealer in San Diego called FUN Bike, well don't believe it. I warn all that every area of the dealership experience is not fun. I wont bore everyone with all of the UN-Fun things from sales to service to attitude that I have experienced but to all in the San Diego area be warned and stay away from probably the worst dealership in any area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A post such as yours: devoid of details and evidence; is pretty much worthless...
    Sorry...

Remember: they're not even in here, so they can't defend themselves either...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with Bob, give some details and let others decide for themselves.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

they may not be the best but far from the worst from some I have dealt with. I bought my RS from them back in 2012 and all was about par. Have been back a few times but only for oil and helping others with apparel. I guess all dealers have their ups and downs. I now go to South Bay but only cause the back roads getting there are so much fun...sorry you had a bad experience with Fun Bike.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

What do you claim they did or didn't do.

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    There is a dealer in San Diego called FUN Bike, well don't believe it. I warn all that every area of the dealership experience is not fun. I wont bore everyone with all of the UN-Fun things from sales to service to attitude that I have experienced but to all in the San Diego area be warned and stay away from probably the worst dealership in any area.
    This is the kind of post that accomplishes nothing. Without any pertinent information you flame this dealer. Give us some information and maybe we can sympathize or tend to understand your unhappiness.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I claim to be a Consumer Advocate.

Here, on Spyderlovers, you are going to run into a bit of a problem with flaming a dealer without detailed information about why, wherefore, and what they did to deserve it.

Like others, I would also like to hear the details. Most of us agree that there are three sides to every story. The challenger, the defender, and what really happened.

Most will not make up their minds until we have a lot more facts.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A post such as yours: devoid of details and evidence; is pretty much worthless...
    Sorry...

Remember: they're not even in here, so they can't defend themselves either...
    fair enough. Examples I purchase a bike that was suppose to have a light in the trunk, LED lights on the fenders, automatic trunk release none of these were on the bike when I picked it up. I decided to get several after market items the take the bike back to the dealer to have those installed as well as have them connect those items that were missing to begin with. The answer I got was the Spyder came in a box and all the dealer does is put tires on, so if there were things not hooked that was a BRP problem and the dealer cant help. As to the after market items they wont do those things, which on my previous bike they did. OK they changed there policy. Trouble with that is I called the day before to schedule an appointment was told one wasn't necessary but they could do the add ons when I brought the bike in. The next day they wanted to know if I had an appointment and they didn't do after market jobs.

The attitude of all I encountered was one of disinterest.
    After I bought the bike the wife of the owner called to thank me and asked about my experience which wasn't good. I detailed all of the issues, she was sorry and told me not to worry, my visit to the service department would be painless and they would take care of everything, Well that didn't work.

So That is why I had an UN-FUN experience.
    P.S I took the Spyder in today to Southbay motorsports. Great friendly and competent service, they will have the add on's tomorrow. Also the BRP issue I still have to work on that

Spyder Garage

Default Fun Bike?!?

We bought our 2013 RT-S from them last summer and have had some ups and downs with them. I find that if you go in armed with the info you can get things done. This site has helped with that. They did install my new sway bar, wired my high mount trunk light, so I can't complain about them not doing after market stuff. For non warranty stuff I go to Lou up in Riverside. Lou knows his stuff! A bit of a ride but he is great. Fun Bikes gets to do two more oil changes then it's time to do my own. By the way welcome to the club. Look up SRA San Diego, it is a great group of folks with Spyders. PM me if you want details. Hope to see you on the road!

Spyder Garage

What bike did you buy from them?

if it's a new RT I think the frunk light is still a add on, the new bikes have LEDs in the front of the fender s, side of the fenders are just reflectors on all. Can't remember about the trunk release but I thought I remember about that being changed as we'll with the newer RT,s
    Last edited by billrob71; 07-22-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply...
    Now; we've got some "meat in the sandwich"...
    Now; which model bike did you buy? Some of them do have LED lights in the front fenders, and a "frunklight" is standard on several RT models as well.
    (But you're not missing much... it's pretty useless! )

I don't know if "dis-interest" counts or not; perhaps you caught them on a bad day?
    I will say that when my Miissus and I bought our 2010; she didn't care for the dealership, so we didn't buy the 2014 from them...
    They are a HUGE dealership... she felt as if they were busy looking over our shoulders, to see who was next in line...
    But I'm glad to hear that you've found a suitable shop for the follow-up work!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black