Spyder Garage

Default Cup Holder Baker built

Has anyone had problems with their cup holder falling off while riding? It was installed at spyderfest in April/May. It started by moving side to side and my water bottle almost fell out a couple of times. Now the whole cup holder has fallen off twice. This last time there was a truck pulling their travel trailer, they were thank goodness far enough back that they had time to slow a little and this really nice stainless cup holder rolled to the side of the road. I just can not re-attach this without the worries of it coming off again. I guess I'm out $50.00, my camelback water cup has some dents but is still useable. Not sure if these photos show all the wonderful dents and scrapes.10547655_10154412113030323_8130985581511601084_n.jpg10518986_10154412113035323_326982750566985758_n.jpg Checked it and made sure the back nut was secure, not to loose and not super tight. Short of attaching it with duck tape I don't know what else to do...and no, duck tape, is not going on my bike.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

I use the Ram Mount cup holder. Its very secure.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I have one on my Spyder and haven't had any problems with it.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by La20614 View Post
    Has anyone had problems with their cup holder falling off while riding? It was installed at spyderfest in April/May. It started by moving side to side and my water bottle almost fell out a couple of times. Now the whole cup holder has fallen off twice. This last time there was a truck pulling their travel trailer, they were thank goodness far enough back that they had time to slow a little and this really nice stainless cup holder rolled to the side of the road. I just can not re-attach this without the worries of it coming off again. I guess I'm out $50.00, my camelback water cup has some dents but is still useable. Not sure if these photos show all the wonderful dents and scrapes.10547655_10154412113030323_8130985581511601084_n.jpg10518986_10154412113035323_326982750566985758_n.jpg Checked it and made sure the back nut was secure, not to loose and not super tight. Short of attaching it with duck tape I don't know what else to do...and no, duck tape, is not going on my bike.
    Were lock nuts used? Also have you considered locktite and a locknut combo?

Spyder Garage

Linda you definitely need to contact Baker. They are great people to deal with. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I will do that Tom, Thanks. I do think the vendors on here like the opportunity to help out if they know there is a problem. I'll try a stronger screw, the one it come with is plastic and this last time it fell off the screw was broken right off from the head of it. Washers were in place, I was on a nice smooth road with small hills enjoys the ride and bam this cup hit my knee and I heard it slam into the ground. I was happy that I found it.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DIY ...CUPHOLDER & ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE

....just guessing but I think mine cost $ .55 ......It's very secure , can hold cups from 2 1/4 in to 4 1/4 in. firmly because the fingers are flexible. Doesn't tip because it's not attached to the handlebars .......................Rich from Maine is coming to visit this weekend so maybe He can take some pics and post them .... Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....just guessing but I think mine cost $ .55 ......It's very secure , can hold cups from 2 1/4 in to 4 1/4 in. firmly because the fingers are flexible. Doesn't tip because it's not attached to the handlebars .......................Rich from Maine is coming to visit this weekend so maybe He can take some pics and post them .... Mikeguyver
    ​Maybe some pics of your other innovations?

Spyder Garage

Default Here to Help :)

Hello, if you would like to email us at info@bakerbuilt.com or give us a call at 1800-451-9464 we would be happy to help. We cant have your cup flying off down the highway! We will make it right. Sorry about the inconvenience. We have not had to much trouble with the plastic screws holding so maybe its stripped or something.. but either way We will get you fixed up. If anyone else is having this problem PLEASE let us know.

Spyder Garage

Thank you Air Wing Guy, I did send an email and received a reply back from Brooke. I appreciate every thing you guys are doing to help correct this. It just made me nervous if another bike had been behind me and this went rolling in front of them the thoughts of what could happen were scary, (usually it's my husband on his two wheel) I was riding solo this day. There was a truck pulling a very large travel trailer behind me and I think he saw it fall and slowed down when it rolled in front of him. Looking forward to using this holder again soon.
    Linda
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought one at SPyderfest too,and have to keep tightening up the plastic screw...I think it vibrates loose..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    I bought one at SPyderfest too,and have to keep tightening up the plastic screw...I think it vibrates loose..
    That is exactly what mine is doing, almost lost my water bottle a couple of times, I like the look I'm going to see what I can do to try and keep it upright, maybe a different screw. They responded to my email very quickly and are sending me a new one so I'm going to take an extra few minutes and attach it with a stronger screw.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

The general riding community frowns upon people with cup holders attached to their rides. Just to let you know. Only Gold Wing riders are allowed to officially have cup holders and ride in shorts and sandals.

Jack (ex Harley Rider and HOG member)
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget about the bi-focalled sunglasses...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Don't forget about the bi-focalled sunglasses...
    Yep, and that too Bob!
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Recommendation , extend arm that has one bolt and have two. This will keep it from moving side to side. I had to replace bolt , added two nuts. But still moves left and right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

The general riding community frowns upon people with cup holders attached to their rides. Just to let you know. Only Gold Wing riders are allowed to officially have cup holders and ride in shorts and sandals.

Jack (ex Harley Rider and HOG member)

Yanking your chain a. little Linda. I see you are a Revs Agent for Delta. I am a 35 year retired Pilot with Northwest/Delta. Down in this country Camelback water backpacks work great. They carry a lot more. Probably not great for latte's though.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Yanking your chain a. little Linda. I see you are a Revs Agent for Delta. I am a 35 year retired Pilot with Northwest/Delta. Down in this country Camelback water backpacks work great. They carry a lot more. Probably not great for latte's though.
    No worries Jack, I figured you were playing...Unfortunately I'm not with Delta anymore, I live in Michigan and was commuting for 2 1/2 years trying to get transferred to a position in the Detroit area and nothing ever came through... I was able to do the work from home program while I stayed at my daughters in the Dayton area which was only 70 miles from Cincinnati, home was another 198 miles, you have to be within 90 miles of the main office...so long story short I finally had to quit since my husband didn't want to move to Ohio. We just moved back from Texas after his job required a transfer there for 4 years.
    I did notice you live in Ora Valley, AZ, this same daughter was there for a year doing her internship at the VA hospital in Tuscan. Her husband was one of the people in charge of opening up the new Best Buy there in 2008. Small world sometimes.

On another note - Baker sent me a new cup holder but the wrong size and the replacement screw doesn't fit the bracket. Will get this resolved, may have to look at the camelback backpack.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871

Spyder Garage

No worries Jack, I figured you were playing...Unfortunately I'm not with Delta anymore, I live in Michigan and was commuting for 2 1/2 years trying to get transferred to a position in the Detroit area and nothing ever came through... I was able to do the work from home program while I stayed at my daughters in the Dayton area which was only 70 miles from Cincinnati, home was another 198 miles, you have to be within 90 miles of the main office...so long story short I finally had to quit since my husband didn't want to move to Ohio. We just moved back from Texas after his job required a transfer there for 4 years.
    I did notice you live in Ora Valley, AZ, this same daughter was there for a year doing her internship at the VA hospital in Tuscan. Her husband was one of the people in charge of opening up the new Best Buy there in 2008. Small world sometimes.

On another note - Baker sent me a new cup holder but the wrong size and the replacement screw doesn't fit the bracket. Will get this resolved, may have to look at the camelback backpack.
    Best of all to you.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick