Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Default iPAD Mini

I've had my phone mounted to my Providence power unit for as long as New Darth has been around. But seeing The navi has been difficult on the small screen. Enter the iPad Mini.

There were several options for mounting it, including putting IT on the Providence power unit. But after playing with several locations, this is where I settled in. Right now it uses a RAM ball that has a place for a screw (as you can see). I replaced the stock screw with a longer one.
    More comments below....

The power for the mini comes from a USB outlet behind it. Like many, I removed the analog guages. You can see my voltage/wattage/current draw/ amp hours meter on the right. Behine the mini, I installed a standard cigarette lighter outlet, and then plugged in a 2 USB outlet. Works great.

The ONLY issue is that all of the weight of the mini is held in place by a single bolt. Very likely, I'm going to fab a small additional support just fior comfort and safety.

Spyder Garage

Phil, love all the mods to the new DARTH......they look great.....looking forward to anymore that you come up with...
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

Phil, I see you still left the analog gas gauge in the dash.

I also removed that one and used the hole for a RAM mount that is very secure!

In this video I show how I did the RAM mount. FYI this was Stevedfive's idea I just elaborated on it

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

A++ Bob! VERY nicely done and reported!!

I AM going to take out the analog and put my 12v outlet in its place. That way my lightning power cord will disapear behind the mini. BUT... I really like what you did too!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks so much!!

I wanted to put a note here to bump this thread. I had SO many ask questions about Darth and how we did the lighting and other mods. Feel free to share this thread. My goal is to help educate and show what can be done.

I'll do the same on Bobbie's bike, Psycho (being remaned soon...).