Spyder Garage

Default BRP HID Installation

Hey Spyders, did a search for installation instructions for BRP Xenon HID headlights on 2010 RS-S ...no luck. Hoping to find one of those epic installation guides with pics I know I can figure it out, but always helps to check with members who have experienced the install.
    Can anyone direct me to one?
    Thanks!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I never could find a good one when I installed mine, but the instructions it came with were surprisingly thorough and accurate. I can't remember it all, but I know you have to pull the frunk and several panels, remove the entire dash/headlight/cowl assembly off, and change a wiring harness. Lots and lots of work, but pretty straightforward. Absolutely worth every bit of work it took. Amazing quality and fantastic light output.
    Last edited by msj4848; 07-19-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

If your using the factory BRP kit there's not much to it, mainly just some disassembly of the top dash , headlights unbolt , new headlights bolt in the ballast mount behind the frunk, and wiring is pretty much unplug factory harness and plug in HID jumper harness and secure wiring with wire ties they give ya. I've got pics on my photobucket I can let ya check out but I had some extra steps on mine since mines a 13.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    If your using the factory BRP kit there's not much to it, mainly just some disassembly of the top dash , headlights unbolt , new headlights bolt in the ballast mount behind the frunk, and wiring is pretty much unplug factory harness and plug in HID jumper harness and secure wiring with wire ties they give ya. I've got pics on my photobucket I can let ya check out but I had some extra steps on mine since mines a 13.
    You really should put together a "how to" to adapt the previous gen HID's to the new machines....[emoji106] I think your the only one who has done it that we know of....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Yes it is the factory BRP HID. I was going to install an aftermarket kit through the gauge cluster opening...glad I waited for the BRP kit! It won't be so simple though, due to my stereo fairing and amps in frunk ...LOTS of removal and reassembly! I expect it to be well worth it or I wouldn't go to this much effort! If I get hung up I may ask for access to your PB pics..thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    I never could find a good one when I installed mine, but the instructions it came with were surprisingly thorough and accurate. I can't remember it all, but I know you have to pull the frunk and several panels, remove the entire dash/headlight/cowl assembly off, and change a wiring harness. Lots and lots of work, but pretty straightforward. Absolutely worth every bit of work it took. Amazing quality and fantastic light output.
    Thanks msj4848! I'm sure I can handle it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And the BRP OEM HID lights are SO MUCH nicer than the aftermarket rigged up setups.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    And the BRP OEM HID lights are SO MUCH nicer than the aftermarket rigged up setups.....
    Counting on that...and... the lack of electrical issues associated with the aftermarkets!

Spyder Garage

Just got the kit...surprisingly good directions! Looks like a straight forward install, just slow and steady, like all Spyder mods. They do appear to be high quality as you guys stated! Can't wait to get them on the road!