Spyder Garage

Default New Sena 20S...Not Working

Just received the dual Sena 20S communication system. Well have been trying all morning to get it to work. One unit working and can get sound in the hemet. Can't get any sound out of the second unit. Switched main headset units from one helmet to another and sound coming from both main headset units. Think the issue is with the universal helmet clamp unit. Tried reset per manual and no change. Called their tech support line and no one home. Guess they are lucky and have weekends off. Any suggestions?????

Spyder Garage

Mine work great. 1. Charge them up first before turning them on. 2. Turn Maine one on and sink to your phone or bike . 3. Turn 2on do the same but leave one.off until done. 3 make shure you up date the on the web bout of them.. 4now turn 1 on and then 2 on should see each outer and start working.

Spyder Garage

Got mine from Dave on Saturday. Charged them up paired them together and paired one of them to my I phone. Every thing seems to be working fine.
    I do notice that one of them is a little tough to latch the main unit into the mount.

Thanks Motorcycle Dave for the good service and price.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

I charged mine, paired mine & then installed mine on both helmets. I tried for over an hour but couldn't get any sound out of my unit (never tried my wife's yet). I spent about 1 1/2 hour with tech support and they tried everything. They informed me I needed to remove the set and return it to them with the supplied RMA. The sent out a replacement. I received the replacement yesterday but it is only a single unit - not a dual set. Since I was supposed to return the set boxed up, I assumed they wanted the entire dual set returned. Luckily, I haven't gotten time to return them so I am waiting until Monday when I will call Sena again and find out exactly what they want me to do. I will go thru the entire pairing and setup while I have tech support on the phone.

IMPORTANT!!! I set up my units using the main head units themselves without the mic/headphones attached and everything seemed OK. If I would have done it with the units assembled, I would have realized the sound was NOT coming thru before installing units on helmets!. Soooooo - Assemble them, place them assembled in front of you with the phone and gps as you pair. this way, you can verify they are working properly without installing them on the helmet!

see video……
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA 20S

Contact SENA TECH Dept. They can and will help you with this.
    just go to www.senabluetooth.com click on product and then on to
    support Tech. they will help fast you can also call them during the week
    they can walk you through the process to make them work.
    Give it a try.... Next to me SENA has the best customer service there is.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    Just received the dual Sena 20S communication system. Well have been trying all morning to get it to work. One unit working and can get sound in the hemet. Can't get any sound out of the second unit. Switched main headset units from one helmet to another and sound coming from both main headset units. Think the issue is with the universal helmet clamp unit. Tried reset per manual and no change. Called their tech support line and no one home. Guess they are lucky and have weekends off. Any suggestions?????

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the input. I thought about something in the middle of the night(sometimes by best thinking occurs at 2 am) . Is the connection with the main unit to the helmet piece solid? The main unit slides into the helmet piece. Well guess what? It wasn't connecting completely. Further investigation showed that the main unit needs to lock in place on the helmet transponder. There is also a silver button on the side of the helmet piece that you need to push in to lock the main unit in place. I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere in the manual. Who writes these manuals anyway??? So now I have sound.

Spyder Garage

WOW!!!!! I have just read your posting as I have had the same problems!! I have spent hours on the phone with tech support and just Sat received a new replacement set but not done anything with them! I went back to the original sets and pressed DAMN hard and I hear a faint snap! Now they work!! It seems weird the tech support didn't go thru that with me!!
    I will call them back!!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red