Spyder Garage

Default How to wire LED strip.

Hi all
    Can anyone help me install LED strips. I would light to install it on the lower front arm. They are the led strips from walmart. I was thinking of connecting it to the small fender lights or the fog lights. It has a hot wire and a ground. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Marc

Spyder Garage

If thats all you are going to do yes you could connect to the position lights or any other switched circuits ,I put in 10 light strips(A arms,L&R service panels,floorboards and rear tire) and connected them to a dedicated fused circuit I ran from the battery with a switch on the dash. I bought my strips from Custom Dynamics a set or two at a time as $$ allowed till I had all 10 sets installed,you can do anything you want.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Tricled has a 2 pin splice that connects under the top "A" frame.It can be pulled up after taking a couple of bolts off. It has 2 bullet connectors that you splice the connectors to the lights then plug into the splice and wind up the excess after tie wrapping to the original harness. That is how I did my "A" frame leds.

scroll down and you will see the splices I am talking about

Hardware that make installation easier and faster

OEM style connectors

http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/Misc.html
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just be aware that LEDs are pretty sensitive about polarity...
    Please make sure that you're wiring both sides: positive to positive, and ground to ground...
    Other than that; make sure that they won't come loose, and that nothing will catch on the wires.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just be aware that LEDs are pretty sensitive about polarity...
    Please make sure that you're wiring both sides: positive to positive, and ground to ground...
    Other than that; make sure that they won't come loose, and that nothing will catch on the wires.
    They won't come loose with the Tricled plugs and ground is black
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Tricled has a 2 pin splice that connects under the top "A" frame.It can be pulled up after taking a couple of bolts off. It has 2 bullet connectors that you splice the connectors to the lights then plug into the splice and wind up the excess after tie wrapping to the original harness. That is how I did my "A" frame leds.

scroll down and you will see the splices I am talking about

Hardware that make installation easier and faster

OEM style connectors

http://tricled.com/TricLed.com/Misc.html
    Hi Magdave.
    The ones your are talking about are the 2 pin connectors that are $12 correct. Do you happen to have a picture of where the bike connection is. Do you know if I need to connectors or can I use 1 for both sides. Also do you recommend the primer for the plastic? I also have fog lights and was thinking of tapping into those. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by $08SpyderGS; 07-14-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by $08SpyderGS View Post
    Hi Magdave.
    The ones your are talking about are the 2 pin connectors that are $12 correct. Do you happen to have a picture of where the bike connection is. Do you know if I need to connectors or can I use 1 for both sides. Also do you recommend the primer for the plastic? I also have fog lights and was thinking of tapping into those. Thanks for your help.
    Alcohol cleaning is usually enough but be careful with primer. You could tap into the fogs that is a viable solution. I like to be able to remove things myself.