Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderpops Heat Shield For RS - What Gives?

I keep losing this shield, Bought one in 2012, had it installed, next thing I know its missing. Bought another one the end of 2013 lost it some where from Durango Colorado to Denver Colorado. The second time I had it installed very carefully, thinking somehow it was a bad install. I don’t think the adhesive sticks in the dry climate or something. Has anyone experience this? I cant keep throwing good money after bad!!!!

Spyder Garage

Weird...I haven't read any reports about this happening with spyderpops heat management mods. I would think you might be able to work something out with spyderpops. He's a good sponsor and might also have some additional tips to make sure it doesn't happen again. Ask him if he'll cut you a break since it's the third (times a charm!), answer is always no if you don't ask.

That being said...what has your experience been with the heat reducing effectiveness of the mod while it was still actually installed? Do you also have the air management mod? Curious what you experienced with the heat on the right ankle.

I just bought both the missing heat shield and the air management system and having them installed soon.
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the block off, belt guard and sometimes the heat shield when its still attached, lol.

I feel some relief, maybe 10 or 15 % when installed. But if its over 85 degrees and your in stop and go traffic your still going to feel it big time. If your moving its not a big deal with or with out the mods. Some people report that the difference is dramatic but I never felt much of a difference, but some relief is better then none.

I have contacted sypderpops, I will see what he says. I would contribute it to a bad batch of adhesive once but not twice.

Spyder Garage

Default Strange..!!

I just had to remove the belt guard because it had an altercation belt tensioner and it was a bear to get it off. The heat shield never had an even contact and is still there but loose. Well at least not stuck all across. May be the castings are off. You may have to check under there and grind the surface a bit..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, lost mine off my RS maybe two months after I put it on a few years back. Never bothered replacing it because unlike the other heat mods it didn't do much of anything anyway.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Oh yeah, lost mine off my RS maybe two months after I put it on a few years back. Never bothered replacing it because unlike the other heat mods it didn't do much of anything anyway.
    What other heat mods are you talking about? There are actually other heats mods besides the spyderpops ones? That work better you're saying?
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

Spyder Garage

Default Had mine on with no issues

I put the Spyderpops acessory package on shortly after they were first made available for my 08 GS. They are all still on with over 43K miles and work well. Live in Florida, so we have heat here too. Sorry to here they are not working as well for you.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

Default Mine too

My heat shield fell off and I didn't notice exactly when; so my experience tells me it didn't do much to reduce heat. To be fair, when I purchased the Spyder used it had aftermarket floorboards that required the removal of some "tupperware" which may have directed more heat to the shield. After riding the machine for three years I have become accustomed to the heat and don't pay any attention to it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderpops dont care

Guess Spyderpops dont care. He doesent answer the phone, does not return calls and does not answer emails. Hes got his money and laughing all the way to the bank!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    What other heat mods are you talking about? There are actually other heats mods besides the spyderpops ones? That work better you're saying?
    Oh, sorry-- just talking about Spyderpops stuff. I bought the Missing Heat Shield, the Missing Air Dam, and the Air Management System.

The air dam and AMS install just fine, they ain't goin' nowhere. But the Missing Heat Shield is held on only by glue, and it lasted only a couple of months before it started peeling off the bracket. Eventually I just took it off completely rather than keep trying to get it to stick.

That said, the air dam and AMS seem to do all of the work fine by themselves, I never noticed a difference with the heat shield on or off.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

If you want to reduce heat, install the 2014 panels with the scoops integrated into them. The before & after on my bike was impressive
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    If you want to reduce heat, install the 2014 panels with the scoops integrated into them. The before & after on my bike was impressive

Yes I got a good look at the different panels on the 2014 RS at the Durango Owners event. The techs said that they are interchangeable with the earlier RS models and there are kits for replacing them. I been doing a little digging but cant find the Kit out there and trying to decipher what to order from a specs diagram is not an easy thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Yes I got a good look at the different panels on the 2014 RS at the Durango Owners event. The techs said that they are interchangeable with the earlier RS models and there are kits for replacing them. I been doing a little digging but cant find the Kit out there and trying to decipher what to order from a specs diagram is not an easy thing.
    Here's the cheat sheet for the new kit numbers. There's a left side and a right side. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...2013-amp-prior

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's the cheat sheet for the new kit numbers. There's a left side and a right side. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...2013-amp-prior

ok thanks that was my problem I did not know the kits were the same for both ST and RS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    ok thanks that was my problem I did not know the kits were the same for both ST and RS
    The rs and st are pretty similar from the neck down. It's confusing to me how people say the st isn't sporty enough or that the rs handles a lot better... Dunno

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its hard to believe that BRP took 7 years to change the panel design to help with the heat on the RS. They could have responded to the customers in the early years by not only changing the design but swapping the panels out under warranty. It could have made big difference on the number 1 complaint on these bikes!!!

Spyder Garage

For almost a grand after labor and tax unfortunately I'll be passing on this so called mod. It really sucks that it is this expensive considering the heat on these things really suck.

Number 1 problem is right.

Spyder Garage

For almost a grand after labor and tax unfortunately I'll be passing on this so called mod. It really sucks that it is this expensive considering the heat on these things really suck.

Number 1 problem is right.
    Others are getting the parts for $650(ish)