Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Originally Posted by stevedfiveMy dealer told me the '15 RT is overall bigger than the '14 with a bigger engine as well.

Nope... Other than some BNGs; the RT line-up should be all set for a couple of years.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Originally Posted by stevedfiveMy dealer told me the '15 RT is overall bigger than the '14 with a bigger engine as well.

Nope... Other than some BNGs; the RT line-up should be all set for a couple of years.
    "kinda." It would be interesting to know where the dealer got the information about the 15 RT though.

You have to admit, its a fun time of the year for speculation of all kinds. Also very interesting to see some of the ideas presented.

As mentioned before though, I am a glutton when it comes to finding out all things . I have learned to wait and be patient for the official "unveilings." Sure glad I did not go for the Circuit Yellow 2013 RT like I was thinking--I would have been very unhappy since the 14 upped the ante on the engine and a lot of other things.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The "Silly Season" has definitely landed upon us!

Next; we'll be hearing that the hybrid is coming out...

Spyder Garage

The "Silly Season" has definitely landed upon us!

I did good, didn't I?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think that BRP might introduce a entry level for the 2015. Deanna777

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I did good didn't I?

Yup!

Dee,
    I think, and hope; that you're right!

Spyder Garage

I don't get the fascination with a leaning Spyder. You'd end up with rounded motorcycle tires (less traction) and only a slightly better center of gravity since you can't really lean the thing over. That for the low cost of a much more complex vehicle with a lot more quirks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    I don't get the fascination with a leaning Spyder. You'd end up with rounded motorcycle tires (less traction) and only a slightly better center of gravity since you can't really lean the thing over. That for the low cost of a much more complex vehicle with a lot more quirks.
    The body would lean, not the undercarriage. The wheels would stay flat, the body and seat and handlebars would lean, keeping the CG and making your weight get distributed "down" into the seat instead if 10 feet to the side in the middle of the road

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I just really don't see that making anywhere close to enough differing in center of gravity to be worth all that complexity and weight.

Spyder Garage

Hmmm. You wanna make some quick money? For the right odds, I might be convinced to place a wager with you on that. (And I do not have any "inside trader" information.) AKspyderman said he'd back me (for a cut), but the odds have to be good.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    P.S. As a staunch advocate of the leaner, it's totally consistent with the BRP model-- you're still on three wheels, you're just as safe. But the leaner is *the* most obvious way of appealing to the very large and very vocal crowd of younger/traditional two-wheel buyers who see no appeal in the Spyder because of its non-leaning nature. A leaner is the easiest way of making the Spyder cool (or, well, *cooler*) to that market.
    I'm not sure about that. I cannot see it being "cool". The dynamics would be too far removed from a motorcycle. Remember on a motorcycle, you don't consciously lean it over. What you do is simply counter-steer, which in turn leans the bike, which in turn makes it turn. It's the counter-steering, and thus the ability to precisely control the degree of lean, that makes a motorcycle so fun to ride.

On a leaning spyder, there would still be no counter-steering, and the lean would be a resulting factor of turning, not the other way around, as it is on a motorcycle. Therefore, I think the whole idea is rather pointless - other than perhaps a slightly easier transition for riders already used to motorcycles. So here again, whatever appeal there would be would be mainly held by older riders. I could be wrong, but I can't see it ever being a marketing success with the younger crowd. They'd just continue to buy motorcycles.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Thank you robmorg. You just said what I was thinking way better than I would have. The leaning on a Spyder just doesn't appear to me to be a natural thing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I cannot see it being "cool". The dynamics would be too far removed from a motorcycle. Remember on a motorcycle, you don't consciously lean it over. What you do is simply counter-steer, which in turn leans the bike, which in turn makes it turn. It's the counter-steering, and thus the ability to precisely control the degree of lean, that makes a motorcycle so fun to ride.

On a leaning spyder, there would still be no counter-steering, and the lean would be a resulting factor of turning, not the other way around, as it is on a motorcycle. .
    I'm not so sure about that... If you "smack the bars"; it'll still work... the front wheels will momentarily set up for the direction that you don't want. That makes the bike lean in the direction that you DO want... The bike heels over, the front wheels follow their lead...Easy-Peasy!

Spyder Garage

Yup!

Dee,
    I think, and hope; that you're right!
    Bob: Maybe get a younger group ( like 30 to 40 age group) and maybe a Hybrid time will tell, wait and see Bob, like you said" tick, tick, tick, Dee

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I'm not so sure about that... If you "smack the bars"; it'll still work... the front wheels will momentarily set up for the direction that you don't want. That makes the bike lean in the direction that you DO want... The bike heels over, the front wheels follow their lead...Easy-Peasy!
    I suspect you forgot to add a to that post. But I'll play along...

Naw, the dynamics are still wrong. When you counter-steer a motorcycle, it's not a matter of "smacking the bars". It's a gentle, slight, and precise outward pressure on the inside bar that enables the experienced motorcycle rider to lean the bike with precision. And it's that degree of precision that makes it so much fun. You're NEVER going to achieve that on a three wheeled vehicle. It seems odd to try.

That's not to say that the Spyder does not have it's own dynamics that can make it just as much fun. And they also involve "leaning", but NOT leaning the bike.

BTW, Bob, you completely skipped over post #87. But then, maybe you're just taking time to consider it.
    Last edited by robmorg; 07-04-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Default My 2 Cents

I think they put the 1330 in the ST and RSS. They lick their wounds from the 2013 line and hope they finally sell all of the 2013 ST's ("I have 2013 ST-S by the way!") Change up the colors! and rake in the Money for a year then bring out the Hybrid and maybe the lower priced line for the younger crowd!

I would trade-in mine for a 2015 ST-S 1330 Ooooooo Yaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    BTW, Bob, you completely skipped over post #87. But then, maybe you're just taking time to consider it.
    Nahhhh... I was pretty much dead serious...
    I never bet anything that I can't afford to lose...
    Tell you what; even-up: I'm saying that the Hybrid won't show up for at LEAST three nmore years from this Fall's introduction. That'd make it a 2018 model...
    if you're in: the loser buys lunch at the fast-food eatery of HIS choice!

Spyder Garage

I never bet anything that I can't afford to lose...
    Tell you what; even-up: I'm saying that the Hybrid won't show up for at LEAST three nmore years from this Fall's introduction. That'd make it a 2018 model...
    if you're in: the loser buys lunch at the fast-food eatery of HIS choice!
    Nah, I'm still good to do the bet, but I need better odds than that. I'm not that confident for 2015. ...just a long-shot hunch. YOU'RE choice??? Man, talk about the $200 hamburger....
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    I've had a BRP rep assigned to this case since October with no results... BRP replaced the whole ignition system and some of my issues went away in the rain, but my biggest issue still remains. I sent them a pair of videos of what the spyder does a month ago since the dealer has never reproduced a single problem I've had. They told me they'd have their engineering guys look at it and myself and the dealer have never heard back.

I had a long thread on this website about my problems last year, and when i said i had it, i was going to sue, the admin on this forum shut down my thread.

They are non-public videos but with direct links you can view them if you'd like to see the odd behavior I get... once every few hundred to a thousand miles it does this. I can turn it on and off as many times as I like, but it just keeps doing it... walk away 10 minutes, come back and fire it up and it starts working normally again.

Throttle causing stuttering, no power, engine killing:

Refusal to shift:

If anyone has any ideas, I think everyone is at a complete loss....
    Throttle body was the first thought when I saw this. Did I miss it or did they replace it already?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Farmbanker; 07-05-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Will See a New Model - the ET

Here is a photo of the 2015 ET prototype during early testing . . . ET.jpg

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BNG..... Nothing more...

Spyder Garage

Does any one know when the 2015 might get released?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman220940 View Post
    Does any one know when the 2015 might get released?
    Announcements usually in September. First purchases follow. Depends where you are though. They won't be up here until April of 2015 or so.

2020 F3L , Magma Red