Spyder Garage

Default Looking For Reviews On RIVCO Floorboards/Heel-Toe Shifter

We (his/hers) have (2) 2009 Spyders RS-SM5. I am very serious about purchasing RIVCO PRODUCTS Driver Floorboards with Pegs-#CA020-WO and Heel-Toe Shifter-#CA020-26. Would appreciate any feedback you have. Thank You - Tom n Carol, SI,NY [/FONT]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cant say enough about the Rivco floor boards, had them on our RS and would be the first addition to a RS if we ever got another. No Idea on the heal - toe shifter.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You Tom n Carol

They Look Like Quality Thanks Again

Spyder Garage

I have their floor boards. They are made with quality. I'm a size 12 boot and my feet fit well on them. I use my right heel for the brake. If you want photos, just email me at sgenuario1@verizon.net.

Spyder Garage

I bought the floorboards for my RT-S during Sturgis and had to go back within an hour because although my street shoes would fit under the gear lever, my riding boots wouldn't. Rivco were extremely accommodating and fitted me out with the heel/toe changer and I have been a very happy camper ever since. I am able to move my feet around on the boards and find that I don't need highway pegs, and can regularly ride 500-600 miles a day. Both the boards and shifter are quality products and I expect many miles of trouble free riding.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Hi Z06,

Re: I am very serious about purchasing RIVCO PRODUCTS Driver Floorboards with Pegs-#CA020-WO and Heel-Toe Shifter-#CA020-26. Would appreciate any feedback you have.

I have a '08. I was emailing MotorcycleDave ( sponsor on here ) and he advised that I buy the RIVCO flrbds AND the ISCI brake pedal extension.

So I did; just need to get them installed this winter.

http://www.isciride.com/iscirsparts.htm#brakelevers

Take a look at the link/products; you just must want to buy them also.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have their floorboards and love them,but never got the heel-toe shifter hooked up properly to work on my RS.

Spyder Garage

Default Have everything Rivco

I have the floorboards, heel-toe shifter and hwy brackets/pegs. Love them all.

About the heel-toe shifter.....actually, it is a heel-heel shifter. The way it is configured, I use a heel down movement for all shifts...up and down...never use my toe. The way it is layed out, the only problem I have is the occasional missing of 2nd gear when shifting from first, since it is a long throw...you really have to want to do it. All other gear changes are simple and very smooth with the shifter. (BTW: There is an adjustment screw that allows you to raise the shifter to make the 1st-2nd transition easier.)
    Floorboards are high quality and just the right size.

FYI...I was cleaning my HWY pegs last week and noticed the chrome peeling off of the connector bolt. Emailed and called RIVCO. Got the new bolts today. Great company to work with.

Full disclosure: I didn't install them...had a dealer do it, so I can't speak to that.

Enjoy!
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

They are awesome and essential for me. I am 6'4" and the standard RS set up was way too uncomfortable. The Rivco boards are top quality and move your feet down and forward. The heel toe shifter is really a must with them because the standard gear pedal is too close otherwise. Just like it was described above you really need to shift properly to get into second gear and I sometimes wind up in neutral when downshifting, but this is minor. I could not recommend Rivco more highly.

2.jpg
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Cool Love 'em

I would hate to ride without them again. They have added so much comfort and the ability to change foot position that I can ride for much longer distances. They also removed a lot of the vibration that came from the OEM foot pegs because the actual place where you place your feet are "floating" on rubber mounts that absorb the vibration. I have an SE-5 so I don't use the shift adapter, but I am going to add the adapter that moves the brake pedal forward. I think you'll really like them. They are worth the money IMHO.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS