Spyder Garage

Default Porgress On Accident (Hit a deer in Colorado May 22)

Hit a deer in Colorado May 22 with my 2014 RT-Lwhich I had just bought two months earlier. Add on's were Tri AxisAdjustable handlebars and a Driver back rest. Finally, yesterday they decidedto total it out and give me $28,150 minus my $500 deductible = $27,650. The out the door price I paid was $35,550. This included a prioritymaintenance for $1, 550, what ever priority meant! My insurance is withProgressive in which USAA now refers their members to. Anyone know whereI can replace it for that PRICE? The only thing Great about a Sypder isthe RIDE, how it handles and its safety features! Trying to find a salespeople to wait on you that knows anythingabout a Sypder is almost impossible. Lazar balancing, sure we do, and you know they don't even know what yourtalking about??????? Wondering why Idon't take the money and buy something that salespeople know something aboutand they have more than one mechanic, if any to work on them. Sure happy to hear that there are people whobuy these and have NO problems that they have to deal with their insurance companies or maintaining them, they are fun to ride.

Spyder Garage

Off hand, $28k sounds about right for a used 2014 RT-L. There are not many used 2014s out there but the insurance company is not going to replace with a new one unless you had replacement cost insurance. They only pay actual cash value at the time of loss. Most cars and bikes are depreciating assets and loose significant value when you leave the dealer. The insurance settlement does have to cover the cost of sales tax and registration on top of the value of the bike.

Your choice to look for a used 2014 or spend the $$ to upgrade to a new one. The used ones are out there.

Accessories added on are an even worse 'investment' bringing less than 10% of original cost at time of sale or ACV. Its no different dealing with this on a Spyder or most other rides.

If you truly believe the insurance settlement is not in good faith, say so and refuse the offer. But be ready to prove the value was higher. And you cannot use new replacement cost as a value.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you did not get "full value" for your insurance payout.
    Some companies are better than others when it comes to these things.

It looks like you got pretty close to full value, not counting accessories, taxes, and other fees. Most insurance companies are not going to reimburse you for any of the above. It looks like you took about a 23% hit in two months. 35500 vs 28150.

With end of model year coming up--you just might be able to find a replacement pretty close to ballpark of your insurance settlement. You may have to call around--Try Pitbull in Springfield MO. Since it appears you are not happy with the local dealer, you have no allegiance to purchase a second unit from them. There are dealers out there that do have knowledge about and will try to make your purchasing experience good. Let the BS'ers go to heck.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terry L View Post
    Hit a deer in Colorado May 22 with my 2014 RT-Lwhich I had just bought two months earlier. Add on's were Tri AxisAdjustable handlebars and a Driver back rest. Finally, yesterday they decidedto total it out and give me $28,150 minus my $500 deductible = $27,650. The out the door price I paid was $35,550. This included a prioritymaintenance for $1, 550, what ever priority meant! My insurance is withProgressive in which USAA now refers their members to. Anyone know whereI can replace it for that PRICE? The only thing Great about a Sypder isthe RIDE, how it handles and its safety features! Trying to find a salespeople to wait on you that knows anythingabout a Sypder is almost impossible. Lazar balancing, sure we do, and you know they don't even know what yourtalking about??????? Wondering why Idon't take the money and buy something that salespeople know something aboutand they have more than one mechanic, if any to work on them. Sure happy to hear that there are people whobuy these and have NO problems that they have to deal with their insurance companies or maintaining them, they are fun to ride.
    Terry. It sucks but that is a fair pay out on a machine that probably dropped $6,000 in value the day you took it out of the dealership. Insurers never cover maintenance agreements but you may be able to recover some of that prepaid expense from the dealer you purchased it from....it's worth a try.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Check this out!
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69493-Nearly-quot-NEW-quot-2014-RT-Limited-for-sale
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

I am considering selling my 2014 RT LT for personal reasons. It has @ 2300 miles on it right now. I have added Baji Ron's sway bar and links and also a very nice cup holder. Asking $26,900. If interested or want to discuss terms send me a PM or call me at 336-601-0795.

Just found this posted on SL.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Send a PM to "Aces Wild" he has one for sale. It is posted here.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't Arizona have some pretty high registration fees? Was that part of your "out The Door" total...
    You don't get that back... and I'm pretty sure that sales taxs (if any), is also left off of the pile.)
    You basically took a $2,349 hit... ($30,499; minus $28,150).

THAT; is a pretty darn good settlement!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-01-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ornerydog7 View Post

Check this out!
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?69493-Nearly-quot-NEW-quot-2014-RT-Limited-for-sale

I was thinking of this one, too. Also, get to wherever the Spyder is being stored pending settlement, and get as much of the aftermarket stuff removed as you can. If the insurance company won't pay you for them, you still own them. Then when you get a replacement Spyder, put them on the new one.

Also, see of the extended warranty can be transferred to the replacement Spyder.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Hang in there..!!

this site will get you on another one with change..!! insurance is a hit and miss thing. I usually carry replacement till it's paid off then drop to insuring it for what its worth at renewal time and lower it as the value drops till I drop it and carry what the law says. Hope your ryding soon....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default I saw a nice used 2014 RT Limited

It was on cycletrader.com and it was in Florida. The bike was the satin platinum silver with a black seat. It had some decals on it for some Veterans ride and the dealer was asking a little over $25,000 for it and it had over 4000 miles on it. That was just this morning when I saw it on there.

Spyder Garage

Lakeside in Michigan, selling rt ltd's $27,000

Spyder Garage

Default Progress on Accident

You might want to call David price at Rob's Performance in Johnson Creek, Wi.He really knows his stuff about the Spyder.920-699-3288Tell him Ken told you about him. Thanks and good luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Doesn't Arizona have some pretty high registration fees? Was that part of your "out The Door" total...
    You don't get that back... and I'm pretty sure that sales taxs (if any), is also left off of the pile.)
    You basically took a $2,349 hit... ($30,499; minus $28,150).

THAT; is a pretty darn good settlement!
    Yes there rediculous here in AZ. About $400/yr for our 2011 RTS here
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Is there any way you could possibly take the mods off your wrecked Spyder? That way you could add them to the new one if it not damaged from the deer that is?

Im in Gilbert if you need any help. Sorry to hear about your Spyder.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!