Thread: Rs seat

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rs seat

I asked a few days ago about the rs backrest and now I'm curious does anyone have issues with the seat where it's almost as if you have pressure between your ass and legs? Would a new seat make a difference or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On my RS I did. Went to a Corbin with Lamonster cut....worked nicely.

Spyder Garage

Default Choices choices..!!

there are a few but they are not cheap. So all I can comment on is the comfort seat I have which works well. If you can find ryders with the different seats try them out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I can't say much about another seat, but I can tell you that with almost 30,000 miles on the original 2012 RSS seat, it sure hasn't gotten any more comfortable!! I swear this thing is just as hard as the day I brought my spyder home!

The reason I haven't changed the seat is this, my wife thinks a new seat is more expensive than a new hunting rifle. So needless to say I will have my 3rd new new hunting rifle shortly Who am I to argue with this kind of logic?

Spyder Garage

I switched my stock to the ultimate. My butt Is still thanking me

Spyder Garage

The ultimate seat, I think I've seen that but where is it they sell it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

just google spyder ultimate seat. I purchased the Ultimate seat lowrider for my 2012 RS because I am only 5"4 and tend to sit all the way forward. The lowrider is built up to support the back for this type of riding position. Made a big difference. Its expensive at 480.00 plus 50.00 for shipping and handling, plus they charge an additional 250.00 core charge. Which means if you don’t send your original seat back to them then they keep the 250.00 so your looking at 780.00. If you send the old seat back, they credit you back the 250.00 but depending on where your located that could cost you 35.00 to 50.00 to ship back to Ultimate Seats. So the cheapest you can get by is about 565.00 for the seat.

If you want anything custom, like embroidery or special colour thread the price goes up.

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/CanAmSpyderRS.html

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here
    That pressure you are talking about is known in the motorcycle world iron butt guys as
    HOT SPOTS For over 25 years I have cured this problem on hundreds of seats stock and others
    using medical grade GEL like used in hospitals in beds to stop bed sores.
    The Gel conforms to your butt and changes shape when you move around. if you are in the EAST
    the shipping would cost $$$$$ and make it costly but there is no reason you can't do it your self
    I have the GEL made for motorcycle seats in stock and I make up kits that have the GEL and a
    razor knife to cut the foam with and 1/4in. foam topper to go over everything and smooth it out
    You can install the Gel Your self using my kit and looking at the photos on my website motorcycledave.com
    for under $100.00.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sypderrobinson134 View Post
    I asked a few days ago about the rs backrest and now I'm curious does anyone have issues with the seat where it's almost as if you have pressure between your ass and legs? Would a new seat make a difference or no?

Spyder Garage

See I'm looking into having a local upholstry lady put memory foam in the seat and go About it that way and it will only cost me about 200 bucks. Has anyone done that and what's their expirence with it