Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Can-Am Spyder RSS - HID & FOG LIGHTS

I just recently purchased OEM H ID and FOG LIGHTS kits for my old 2008 Can-Am Spyder . But when the 2014 cam out i had to have it so now i have both and i passed down my older model to my wife so she can ride beside me. Now when i got my new toy home i immediately started upgrading all that t I needed for 2014 . Leaving still my HI D & FOR LIGHTS kit brand new unopened in the box. Now the dealer assured me that not much has been changed body wise but when i started disassembling the front end and notice that the battery was in the trunk now and now 2 fuse boxes i knew i was going to have a mess. So i come here to ask for help before i get over my head in this job.

For starters do i need to use the HID Ballast Units on the 2014 can i just swap out the light units. And if i have to use the HID Ballast Unit s where can i now mount them on the 2014 front end, Because from the instructions its asking me to mount them on front frame area that is on the 2008 but missing in the 2014. And hints or help pl ease?

Also i purchased the OEM combination harness for the HID & FOG LIGHTS. Do i even need this at all or are the harnesses for the 2014 already up dated for any upgrades. Hope there is anyone that can help me out or lead me in the right direction thank you in advance!!!

Spyder Garage

Hey

I don't know of anyone other then me that has done the BRP HID's on the newer bikes. I do not think the 14 is any different then a 13. I have a 13 RSS and installed the BRP kit and it does work but it is not plug and play involves a little wiring mods. I do have the fog lights also but I had my dealer install them before I took delivery. The only thing I would of done different is the on off switch location I wanna put it up on the bars but now there is a hole in the upper dash panel so guess gonna leave it be.

If your gonna install your HID kit send me a PM and I'll give ya a photobucket link for my install.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links