Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RS list price

If the list price for the 2014 RS is $14,800 what is a reasonable price most dealers will come down to? I hate going back and forth with these sales guys...I want a fair deal so I can start
    RIDING!!

Spyder Garage

There is no real good answer. Check the BRP site for rebates, or for extended warranty program--go value added items.

There are a whole lot of variables.

If you have a trade in, your final negotiated price will take discounts or not into account. If you are talking a cash price, than money off of list will be easy to figure out.

If you finance, your dealer gets a kick back from the bank for giving them the paper. (Dealer Reserve)

If you cannot get a big enough drop from list--a few farkles at a discount or free installation might be in order. The dealer has a lot to play with there since there is a good mark up on farkles.

Year end is not far off (September or so). Keep that in mind when negotiating with your dealer.

$1K to $1.5K is probably a reasonable discount. Ask for more than you think you can get. You can't go back once they agree.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

I am going to take your suggestion and go for the $1500 , when they come back with a higher price I will ask for something ...I need the 12V in the frunk for starters and a liner would be good too!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always recommend getting the first 600mi service included. Its such a short interval and IMHO probably the most important one.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife's RT-S had her first $297 600-mile service and it's just an oil and filter change. Should cost $29 with Mobil 1 synthetic if I do it myself plus the 2 filters for the SE5. They did nothing else, not even a tire pressure fill. Took 5 hours. I bet I can do it in 15 minutes. Rip-off. Do it yourself. I though there might have been a valve-check. Nope.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikecronis View Post
    My wife's RT-S had her first $297 600-mile service and it's just an oil and filter change. Should cost $29 with Mobil 1 synthetic if I do it myself plus the 2 filters for the SE5. They did nothing else, not even a tire pressure fill. Took 5 hours. I bet I can do it in 15 minutes. Rip-off. Do it yourself. I though there might have been a valve-check. Nope.
    Add about $500 more if you do a valve check service. I don't recommend it unless your is making strange noises.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikecronis View Post
    You got ripped off. There is a lot more to the 600 mile service than an oil change.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGAAZ View Post
    If the list price for the 2014 RS is $14,800 what is a reasonable price most dealers will come down to? I hate going back and forth with these sales guys...I want a fair deal so I can start
    RIDING!!
    I paid $14,300 for my '14 RS. They charged me $0 for "Freight", "vehicle prep" & "delivery", which is important because another dealer wanted to charge over $100 for this and was non-negotiable. I also paid $7.50 "tire tax" and a $75 "documentation fee" as well as standard sales tax and my state's inspection & registration fees. I'm disclosing EVERYTHING to you, because that's what's important. I basically negotiated the $14,300 with 2 dealers but one had a ton more "hidden fees" at the end of the day. It's like comparing prices online without factoring in shipping & handling.

My dealer threw in a free laser alignment since I insisted.

So there you have it. My understanding is that there's not a ton of negotiating you can do off the MSRP of $14,800. It's not like cars, they can't knock off very much. What is negotiable is the B.S. they try to sneak in afterwards (delivery and/or freight). Also, the other dealer's "documentation fee" was much higher too. This is their job to sell these things and it's their prerogative to require whatever internal forms they have to fill out. This is 2014, it's their fault their system isn't computerized yet. I don't tolerate "documentation fees". I don't charge people for filling out our internal forms in my business. At $75 though, I was sick of arguing and needed to RIDE.

Oh, also I recommend the RS over the RS-S. 2014 gets a lot of the RS-S options added on, which isn't clearly advertised, such as the upgraded Fox Podium shocks. Also, see my cruise control thread regarding "unlocking" the hidden cruise control option on the base RS. So basically, for $3300 more, you're not paying for much more than a snazzy paint job & rims for the RS-S.
    2014 RS SM5 Black