Thread: Any One Else?

Spyder Garage

Default Any One Else?

I have a 2012 RT Ltd. and replaced the cat with a bypass and the stock muffler has a slight rattle in it that wasn't there before. Any one else have this, or am I the lucky one? I like the deeper tone, but not sure about the rattle.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSpyder View Post
    I have a 2012 RT Ltd. and replaced the cat with a bypass and the stock muffler has a slight rattle in it that wasn't there before. Any one else have this, or am I the lucky one? I like the deeper tone, but not sure about the rattle.

J. D.
    All you need to add is the 'Shake' and 'Roll' and you'll be famous!

Sorry, it's the only help I can give on this one!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

J. D.
    Strange but I have the same thing after Pitbull install at Durango. You hear it every little bump. Will check further when we get home.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

you need to check all the mounting point, clamps etc involved with the modification. If it is internal (muffler) check with the dealer.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Strange but I have the same thing after Pitbull install at Durango. You hear it every little bump. Will check further when we get home.

Jack
    Jack,

I think this only happens to the "older" Spyders

Thankfully I do not have that issue.

It was nice talking to you while waiting for the Pitbull crew to arrive. I was the one looking for floorboard hi way bars and had Len install the cat bypass.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the same issue on my 2010 right after the cat by pass which started right after the install. I tried the rubber mallet test up and down the exhaust with no luck. I'm wondering if it's inside the muffler itself.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Friend of mine had the same issue on his 2010 RT. Culprit was baffles inside muffler had come loose probably from corrosion, old age or ... . Dealer replaced under his extended warranty...think it cost him $50.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default muffler rattle

J. D.
    I have a 2010 & it started to give me that strange rattling exhaust noise recently, I am almost 100% positive a baffle has broken loose in the muffler and it keeps getting louder (rattling sound) with ever ride.

Spyder Garage

2012 here with same problem after I installed bypass..Tight, no clamp issues or leaks. Only did it when it was cold. Did it for a few months. It's either gone away or I've gotten so used to it I don't notice it anymore.
    2012 Spyder RT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine didn't do that...odd, I am very gentle with the parts as I remove them, but I can't imagine someone dropping the muff while it was off hard enough to break anything internal,

There's that sound of the loose nut behind the handlebars, but that's always been there.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Default same here

dealer swapped out muffler under warranty but still had that tinny rattle when cold especially. dealer got me a decent price on the acrapovic sport touring muffler ,problem solved didn't want to spend the money but it does sound much better
    Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    2012 here with same problem after I installed bypass..Tight, no clamp issues or leaks. Only did it when it was cold. Did it for a few months. It's either gone away or I've gotten so used to it I don't notice it anymore.
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade