Spyder Garage

Default Tale of three dealers

Yesterday we were about to leave Idaho Falls and needed some work done on the byke that I didn't have the tools with me to perform. Found three dealers in Utah that were along our route. Called each of them, explained that we were on a 48 state trip and the items I needed done. 1st dealer (SLC) told me that they were backed up three weeks, no recommendations or anything just general unwillingness to give a crap. Second dealer (Ogden), they were out of the part I needed, didn't think they could work me in, and generally didn't give a crap. Third dealer, Utah Valley Powersports in Springville, was very helpful, set it up with me to bring it in this morning, ensured the part was on hand and marked with my name. Very nice people, spent a lot of time talking to Doug (Service Manager) about Spyders and riding.

So if you are in a jam going through Utah, you just might want to give Doug a call.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

always good to know where the good ones are. Especially when traveling. Seems they would be more helpful to those on the road knowing well they are time strapped. Glad you found these fine folks....and they took good care of you....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DEALERS ..................AND STEALERS

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    Yesterday we were about to leave Idaho Falls and needed some work done on the byke that I didn't have the tools with me to perform. Found three dealers in Utah that were along our route. Called each of them, explained that we were on a 48 state trip and the items I needed done. 1st dealer (SLC) told me that they were backed up three weeks, no recommendations or anything just general unwillingness to give a crap. Second dealer (Ogden), they were out of the part I needed, didn't think they could work me in, and generally didn't give a crap. Third dealer, Utah Valley Powersports in Springville, was very helpful, set it up with me to bring it in this morning, ensured the part was on hand and marked with my name. Very nice people, spent a lot of time talking to Doug (Service Manager) about Spyders and riding.

So if you are in a jam going through Utah, you just might want to give Doug a call.

......Very glad to hear you found a Dealer who cared more about the customer ,'ANY ' customer than He did about his bottom line .......Un-fortunately this is the exception and not the norm.......I know it's not BRP's fault , they can't really control the Dealer's ( monopoly law's etc ).......But it would be nice if they tried harder or maybe they are ?????.................Mikeguyver
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-25-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Batting average

.333 (one dealer out of three) might be good in pro baseball, but not in finding a caring competent dealer. Hope they did repair you needed today, so your touring machine can get back on the road.

Spyder Garage

Yes, they did get me back on the road, no one likes to sit around when the ride is calling, but the folks did everything they could to make the situation as pleasant as possible. No I understand that the other dealers have situations they need to deal with, but what kills me is the whole "I don't give a crap" attitude from some in customer service. I grew up in an area where if someone couldn't help you, they would refer you to someone who would be better able to assist.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting the information about customer service on the road. It totally amazes me that two out of three did not give a crap and were unwilling to help.

I can only hope they run into the same situation themselves sometime. The free advertising will help. I would also recommend contacting BRPcare.com. Let them know about your experience.

Couldn't hurt.

Glad to hear you are back on the road again.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I do not understand this unwillingness of dealers to help riders enroute on the road. If a rider comes into a dealership with a problem while on the road, long way from home, they should go to the head of the line, no matter how backed up the shop is. This is SOP for all the major car and truck lines. Again, BRP needs to get better control of their dealers. Financial control where the dealer's bottom line is effected by customer service ratings and feedback scores. Again, SOP for all major car and truck lines and at least a few motorcycle lines that I know of.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for letting all of us know about, "An Oasis in the Desert..."
    Glad to hear that you found them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad you found help, and yeh it's sad but the old days of dealers dropping everything for an out of town rider with a 'bike down' situation are pretty much over. Ran into that a couple of years back with a tire.

Funny (sad funny) anecdote....I was so tired and upset with the flat on my Tiger 900 (far from home) that I told the dealer on the phone that was less than 10 minutes away 'look, come pick this bike and me up and I'll buy a brand new Concours 14 from you and come back and get my Tiger later'. Guy told me it was only 3 hours till closing and even though he had a few Concours in the showroom his service dept didn't have time for a post sale prep.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know if all the HD dealers are like the one in my town, but they've been known to stay late to help out riders en route needing service. I met some guys at a convenience store near the interstate and gave them the phone number of the dealer. I heard later from the service guys there that they got them going that night. That's one reason I even considered switching to a tri-glide this year. I'm glad I stayed with Spyder, but I sure hope the dealers will start stepping up better.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I don't know if all the HD dealers are like the one in my town, but they've been known to stay late to help out riders en route needing service. I met some guys at a convenience store near the interstate and gave them the phone number of the dealer. I heard later from the service guys there that they got them going that night. That's one reason I even considered switching to a tri-glide this year. I'm glad I stayed with Spyder, but I sure hope the dealers will start stepping up better.
    I had a like expeareance, but I was the one down. First day of our trip to Alaska and my Road King stopped moving on the highway. Ran fine just would not move. First thought busted drive belt. That was not it. Had it towed into a HD dealer 10 miles away. Turned out it needed a new transmission that they did not have. They sent a driver 100 miles one way to pick one up, and two machanics stayed until 1:30am into Sunday to get me back on the road.
    This was no ordinary Saturday as this was 4 of July weekend!! One machanic canceled his trip out of town to make sure I was back on the road the next day. I asked him why he did that and he told me that my wife and I are taking his dream trip (Alaska) and he just could not leave me stranded.
    NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I had a like expeareance, but I was the one down. First day of our trip to Alaska and my Road King stopped moving on the highway. Ran fine just would not move. First thought busted drive belt. That was not it. Had it towed into a HD dealer 10 miles away. Turned out it needed a new transmission that they did not have. They sent a driver 100 miles one way to pick one up, and two machanics stayed until 1:30am into Sunday to get me back on the road.
    This was no ordinary Saturday as this was 4 of July weekend!! One machanic canceled his trip out of town to make sure I was back on the road the next day. I asked him why he did that and he told me that my wife and I are taking his dream trip (Alaska) and he just could not leave me stranded.
    I wonder if we'll live to see the day when Can-Am dealers are so good.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Velocity in Summerville SC. PJ stayed late on a Saturday to make sure that we (five Spyders) all had our laser alignment done and checked all the bikes for updates, completed updates that needed to be done. He even took some parts off a wrecked Spyder to put on mine. The sales team, including finance, stayed late to complete the sale of three new Spyders to our group. Sure wish it was closer than 240 miles.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    and a double Amen to that. Which HD dealer was it?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red