Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Shock-Tek gloves!

I've got some nerve issues in my right hand and opted for the grip buddies but still had some substantial discomfort after rides > 30 minutes with my normal Fly Racing gloves. I found and purchases the Shock-Tek MC6020 gloves (http://www.shocktek.com/products_rec_mc6020.html) and am super happy with the end result. They took some getting used to since they "force" you hand and wrist into a better position when riding. Once I became adjusted, they really helped with my pain/numbness/fatigue in my hand and wrist.

My only complaint is that while mostly true to size, the fingers on my XL MC6020 gloves are just a tad longer than my Fly Racing ones which fit perfectly. I'm hoping that as the leather stretches some on the Shock-Tek gloves around where the fingers join the hand, I'll be able to get my fingers deeper into the gloves. Regardless they fit good enough and the added benefit of pain relief makes them a great buy for me.

If you need new gloves or have hand and/or wrist issues, you may want to check out a pair. They have several different versions.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information. Another good source/option for those of us with some driving issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

but really glad you found them and they work well for you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    I've got some nerve issues in my right hand and opted for the grip buddies but still had some substantial discomfort after rides > 30 minutes with my normal Fly Racing gloves. I found and purchases the Shock-Tek MC6020 gloves (http://www.shocktek.com/products_rec_mc6020.html) and am super happy with the end result. They took some getting used to since they "force" you hand and wrist into a better position when riding. Once I became adjusted, they really helped with my pain/numbness/fatigue in my hand and wrist.

My only complaint is that while mostly true to size, the fingers on my XL MC6020 gloves are just a tad longer than my Fly Racing ones which fit perfectly. I'm hoping that as the leather stretches some on the Shock-Tek gloves around where the fingers join the hand, I'll be able to get my fingers deeper into the gloves. Regardless they fit good enough and the added benefit of pain relief makes them a great buy for me.

If you need new gloves or have hand and/or wrist issues, you may want to check out a pair. They have several different versions.
    To help with your problem would can run minimum tire pressure in the front tires and set the front shocks to softer spring setting. That's IMHO.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    To help with your problem would can run minimum tire pressure in the front tires and set the front shocks to softer spring setting. That's IMHO.

Mike
    I didn't think of that! I've got mine on the firmest shock and 18pssi. I may give this a shot. Many thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post

Mike

Huh, never heard this helping hand/wrist issues. I'll have to try it too.

Thanks for the post HB.

Spyder Garage

Just read the "How it Works", I'll have to try these too.

Just wish the came in something besides black, I hate black clothing of any type ...but hey, if it works.

Spyder Garage

I'm going to try a set of the MC6080 gloves... just need to measure my hands.

JT

Spyder Garage

after the adjustment period, i'd be curious on other people's opinions.

Spyder Garage

I just received my Shock-Tec Gloves.
    I also have been having major nerve problems in my hand and hoping these will at least rid the discomfort I have been feeling while riding.

The first thing I notice is the how the glove fits.
    The fingers are snug but I can see that loosening up over use.
    The thumb on the other-hand is a little big compared to other gloves I have purchased in the past.

The palm is overly padded which should be a good thing for the extra support needed.
    There is so much padding that I have taken off the grip puppy on my left grip, which hasn't helped me at all.
    I still love the feel of the right grip puppy even with the glove on so I'll keep that one on for now.

I will ride tonight to test them out to see if any pressure on my carpal tunnel area is still affected.
    Hopefully it will be a less painful ride.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

I bought a pair of these and was very disappointed at how small they run. My other gloves are XL. I measured using the directions on the web site and was at the snug side of an XL so I ordered the 2XL. Its much too small to wear. Also the fingerless gloves I ordered were advertised as having tabs to assist with removal, they do not and are VERY difficult to remove. I wore the gloves for about an hour hoping they would stretch into shape and work. My hands, BOTH of them were numb, far worse than my normal gloves. Contacted Shock-Tek for a return and they declined as they were now used and could not be resold. They also will not exchange as 2XL is the largest size they carry.

I do not recommend buying from Shock-Tek until they get their product in a retail store where you can try them on before purchase. They do NOT run true to size and made my hand numbness worse. The quality of the leather and stitching seem fine but nothing special for the price charged.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

So, I did a 600 mile drive over the 4th. 300 with my Shock-Tek gloves and 300 back home the same route with my Fly Racing stretchy gloves. For me, there was a noticeable difference in comfort after the ride with the Shock-Tek. I'm sold on making them my normal gloves.

As for mentions of them being too tight or too big, these aren't custom gloves. I can buy 3 different brands of XL gloves and they all fit different. This doesn't even consider that between individuals with "XL" hands, some of us will have longer finger or fatter fingers or more padding on various places of the handle. I've always considered sizing for gloves to be like helmets, it's going to vary depending upon the person and the manufacturer. I guess it's a risk you take if they won't take returns.

Also, I too am considering getting rid of my grip buddies with these gloves--which will make my wife's tiny hands happy when she's in the saddle.

As for the returns, perhaps if you buy through a distributor like Grainger rather than direct, you can return them. Distributor List: http://www.shocktek.com/about_list.html.
    Last edited by HedonismBot; 07-10-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Shock-Tec MC6080 fingerless gloves, size XXXL (3x-large). With these gloves, cruise-control is a "want" instead of an absolute "must"... no numb fingers while riding. Padding takes a bit of getting used to, and fingerless gloves are a pain to remove. Luckily, I usually don't need to remove them until I've finished my ride. Will add a pair of MC6070 gloves this winter.
    Phil
    2014 RTS / SE6 Yellow

YouTube Channel
    MotoVlog

Spyder Garage

If anyone around the Houston area wants a pair of the MC6080 in size 2xl (be aware they are smaller than a normal xl) and would like to stop by my place and pick them up, they are free for the taking. Useless to me and the company will not return or exchange them. Just PM me if you want them. I am not going to bother shipping these in hope they 'might' fit someone.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

Thanks for the glove tip. I just order a per today