Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Panels

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

Good afternoon,

Good news have the new panels install on my 2013 ST-S, have not test them on a long and hot ride but I will on Sunday, but for the time that I did ride the bike the heat issue by the seat is not there when riding on the HWY, the bike looks good also few people ask if it was a 2014.

I will post more info Sunday or Monday.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball79ST2013 View Post
    Good afternoon,

Good news have the new panels install on my 2013 ST-S, have not test them on a long and hot ride but I will on Sunday, but for the time that I did ride the bike the heat issue by the seat is not there when riding on the HWY, the bike looks good also few people ask if it was a 2014.

Did you or BRP pay for them? Congrats!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Looking Good!

Hope they work out and give you many cooler miles!
    2013 ST-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Looks good

Best of luck.

Spyder Garage

Have been thinking about it, but I know it's an expensive mod, as is everything with the Can-Am name....my question is, how tough is it to do the install, and how much modification did you have to do (mounting brackets, etc.)?

Good afternoon,

RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    Have been thinking about it, but I know it's an expensive mod, as is everything with the Can-Am name....my question is, how tough is it to do the install, and how much modification did you have to do (mounting brackets, etc.)?
    my dealer did it for me, but I was there it took the less time to put them together than reading the instructions is no more than one hour to get them on the bike.

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

ing for the real test..fingers crossed hoping this has a good result in the cooling of the engine compartment..good luck..!! does look good..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Panels

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    ing for the real test..fingers crossed hoping this has a good result in the cooling of the engine compartment..good luck..!! does look good..

Thanks, being from California Northern Morgan Hill I dd miss riding to San Diego

Spyder Garage

Good afternoon,

Hi Fernando,

I am glad to read you may have resolved your problem. I am having a small problem with my new 2014 STS Se5. I had a 25 inch Ultra touring windshield installed when I purchased. It would not stay in any position and flopped to the bottom position every time. I had to leave my bike at the dealer while we are waiting for parts to come in. Guess it is a legal issue.
    Thanks for your # and I plan to call some day so we can ride. I need to get my bike back. I am not done learning and bonding with it! : )

Spyder Garage

Cool New Panels Great!

My 2014 vented panels were installed the first week in April on my 2013 ST Limited. Since then, I've logged over 5000 miles, mostly in Florida, and my Spyder is 100 per cent improved. No more blisters on my left leg! Life is good.

Spyder Garage

I installed the new panels on my wife's 2013 STS myself. It was super easy, It was a direct bolt on. No making brakets.
    The hold proses took about an hour. I have spent a couple of days riding her STS. There is a noticeable difference in temperature off the panels.

2014 RTS SE6 White
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka front shocks supplied by Pitbull Power sports.
    Aligned By Squared Away
    Smooth Spyder belt tensioner
    Sprderpops Bump skid
    BRP TRI AXSIS Handle bars
    Luggage rack
    2013 STS SE5 Circuit Yellow. The Jenny Mobile!

Spyder Garage

Default i just ordered mine cant wait to put them on,we should get the jerey spyders together

Good afternoon,

Spyder Garage

Good afternoon,

Awesome, hope you like your's as much as I do mine ... what a difference!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Baseball79ST2013;829223]Good afternoon,

Hey Mets, I was wondering if the colors were a direct match. I too have yellow but I can't tell from your pictures if the yellows are exact or not. All I know is that by my seat it gets HOT! Will BRP cover this upgrade? I'm in laguna beach and it's hot on top of a hot bike! thanks

Spyder Garage

I am in Laguna Niguel, same color and yeah I hear you man
    WHo do you service your bike with? Maybe we can bring them the case and see if they can help with BRP
    Riding 2 up on my ST-S is even worse (heat wise) but even riding solo I am feeling it on my leg even with pants and boots

[QUOTE=grooby_doo;846519]
    Good afternoon,

Hey Mets, I was wondering if the colors were a direct match. I too have yellow but I can't tell from your pictures if the yellows are exact or not. All I know is that by my seat it gets HOT! Will BRP cover this upgrade? I'm in laguna beach and it's hot on top of a hot bike! thanks

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=zavalza;846533]I am in Laguna Niguel, same color and yeah I hear you man
    WHo do you service your bike with? Maybe we can bring them the case and see if they can help with BRP
    Riding 2 up on my ST-S is even worse (heat wise) but even riding solo I am feeling it on my leg even with pants and boots

BRP.CARE@BRP.COM why shell out the bucks when with the proper procedure BRP will cover the cost of parts and installation. The panels make all the difference. Like night and day. As for the color, they are doing kits to match the 2013 bike colors. The 2012 RS's as well. Mine is a perfect match.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad the panels are working out for everyone....I just did a 7600 mile trip with the new panels and the Spyder performed perfectly.....no heat issues....even in 112 degrees while in Vegas.......good luck everyone

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default How much?

How much did the upgraded panels cost?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    How much did the upgraded panels cost?
    brp.care@brp.com They are free if BRP pays for them as a fix for the design flaw that causes the heat buildup in the first place. Flamingobabe is right, the panels are awesome, just did 5264 miles in 3.5 weeks - from 105 degrees to 52, 13000+ elevation to below 500, rain, sun, humid, dry, back roads and slowing through country towns most the way (less than 200 miles on interstate) - no matter the situation I was able to ride comfortably. A huge change from before the panels. You should be aware I have six 1" holes in each bottom panel (below my BajaRon Sway Bar), and a ton of heat shielding - all done before the panels were installed by BRP. If you have a heat problem that makes it uncomfortable (and sometimes dangerous as you try to maneuver your legs away from the heat), the panels will definitely make a difference. Ryde Safe ....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Glad the panels are working out for everyone....I just did a 7600 mile trip with the new panels and the Spyder performed perfectly.....no heat issues....even in 112 degrees while in Vegas.......good luck everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    brp.care@brp.com They are free if BRP pays for them as a fix for the design flaw that causes the heat buildup in the first place. Flamingobabe is right, the panels are awesome, just did 5264 miles in 3.5 weeks - from 105 degrees to 52, 13000+ elevation to below 500, rain, sun, humid, dry, back roads and slowing through country towns most the way (less than 200 miles on interstate) - no matter the situation I was able to ride comfortably. A huge change from before the panels. You should be aware I have six 1" holes in each bottom panel (below my BajaRon Sway Bar), and a ton of heat shielding - all done before the panels were installed by BRP. If you have a heat problem that makes it uncomfortable (and sometimes dangerous as you try to maneuver your legs away from the heat), the panels will definitely make a difference. Ryde Safe ....
    I'm so glad to hear that you both have found solutions to your heat problems...

...And just in time, for Summer to start baking ALL of uis!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default panels

I sent BRP an e-mail explaining the heat issues, I will post more when I find out what they will do.

Spyder Garage

Default I have also contacted BRP about the heat issues

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    I sent BRP an e-mail explaining the heat issues, I will post more when I find out what they will do.
    I am an owner of a 2012 RS-SE5 with identical heat issues that are being experienced by the 2013 owners. I have also found that in talking with other 2012 RS owners that I am not alone. I have also contacted BRP regarding my ongoing problems and like you I am waiting to hear what will be done to fix the problem. Would be interested in knowing if BRP is providing panels that will fit the 2012 model. If so, I will assume they know their is a problem.

Spyder Garage

Cool No Modification Needed

I have the 2014 Panels on my ST Limited. There was no modification needed for the install. Everything fits perfectly. They didn't change the frame between the 2013 and 2014 ST.

Spyder Garage

Default another spyder fire

I saw where there was another fire on a 2013 Spyder, at this point I am just thinking about getting rid of my 2013 RT SE5 because I do not need to be worried every time I start the Spyder to go for a ride, I thing BRP should do an exchange for the 2014 Spyder's to prevent injury's or death to the operator or others, If I don't hear back soon from BRP than I think I might have to hire a lawyer to get this resolved.

Spyder Garage

What are all of you doing with the panels that have been removed? No, I don't want them, I want to know what to do with mine. We got the new kit for our 2013 ST-S. Doesn't seem like there would really be a market for them.