SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA 20S (THE NEW ONE) AVAILABILITY

Quick update on the 20S for all dealers. The good news is that the 20S is worth the wait. Now for the bad news. The first small shipment of the 20S has been received and sent out to dealers. So far only 100 of the 4000+ on order have made it into the USA.

There will probably be a delay of 1.5 to 2 months before Sena is able to clear their backorder log. During this period we will be filling orders on a first come first served basis. It is important to inform your customers that there is no guarantee on delivery dates as of now. If you have any questions feel free to call or email for more up to date information.

This is the email I just received today at 12:00 Noon today from SENA this is not what I was hoping for
    as it is right now I have over 50 of you on my early bird list to get the 20S units but as you can see the BIG GUYS
    came first but they had to split only 100 between all of them.
    You can be sure I will still hold to my pricing and as soon as I get them you will be getting a call from me
    I will call you in the order I have you in from the first person up to now.
    I am very sorry I don't have better news.
    Thanks again for your loyalty and remember I still have a large stock of just about everything else SENA makes
    for your riding pleasure at the best prices.
    AGAIN Thanks
    Dave

Spyder Garage

What do they produce these in a back yard garage.....only 100 being shipping to the US. That is ridiculous!
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Just curious, what is so great about the Sena 20 that the SMH-10 or 10R do not do?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

For me it's the multi layer feature and improved distance. I ride sweep in our group and once we get to about 12 bikes the current 10 breaks up. The 20 should solve that problem.

2014 White RTS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Default No sweat shop here or there

The SENA units are made in Korea all the R&D is done in the USA I am guessing
    that when they invented this unit "20S" they may have not have done all their home work
    they should have not announced it to the world before they were perfected.
    They have spent the last few months working out all the bugs... I am also guessing that is why they put out
    the firmware for the SMH10 to be able to talk to other brands like the 20S. but only guessing
    When they arrive you can bet you A$$ I will have them on my helmet and give it a test of my
    own but I will have to wait like everyone else.
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 06-17-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    For me it's the multi layer feature and improved distance. I ride sweep in our group and once we get to about 12 bikes the current 10 breaks up. The 20 should solve that problem.

2014 White RTS

What does this multi layer feature do? Will it let me listen to my music and intercom at the same time? The 10R attempts to switch between the two, not all that successfully. When riding with my wife, I usually just give up on the music in the headset and move it to the speakers on the dash and leave the sena on intercom.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

That is my understanding. I keep the intercom attached during group rides to keep in touch with the lead but then miss calls and can't hear any music

2014 White RTS

Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

If you activate VOX , you can listen to music, if your passenger or other rider speaks it will interrupt music .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Quick update on the 20S for all dealers. The good news is that the 20S is worth the wait. Now for the bad news. The first small shipment of the 20S has been received and sent out to dealers. So far only 100 of the 4000+ on order have made it into the USA.

There will probably be a delay of 1.5 to 2 months before Sena is able to clear their backorder log. During this period we will be filling orders on a first come first served basis. It is important to inform your customers that there is no guarantee on delivery dates as of now. If you have any questions feel free to call or email for more up to date information.

This is the email I just received today at 12:00 Noon today from SENA this is not what I was hoping for
    as it is right now I have over 50 of you on my early bird list to get the 20S units but as you can see the BIG GUYS
    came first but they had to split only 100 between all of them.
    You can be sure I will still hold to my pricing and as soon as I get them you will be getting a call from me
    I will call you in the order I have you in from the first person up to now.
    I am very sorry I don't have better news.
    Thanks again for your loyalty and remember I still have a large stock of just about everything else SENA makes
    for your riding pleasure at the best prices.
    AGAIN Thanks
    Dave
    Please PM me with your pricing for 20S. It might not be all that bad to have to wait awhile if the early production units will cause stress for their owners..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Are the new 20S compatible with the SMH10?
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Anyone know if the sound quality/volume is improved over the SMH10?

I'm perfectly happy with my SMH10's performance, but it *could* stand to be a little louder and clearer (I use it while wearing earplugs, I can hear it fine through them, but at higher speeds it can't help but be quieter than I like).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    If you activate VOX , you can listen to music, if your passenger or other rider speaks it will interrupt music .
    Thanks, we 'use' the VOX but it really does not work all that well. First you have to shout to get it to trigger, then it will not go back on its own. Would really like it if both input sounds could be blended and presented together. Preferably with some sort of volume adjust between them. For example, I normally can keep the radio playing in the car while Louise and I carry on a conversation. Headset should work the same way. I am hoping this new multilayer functionality will do exactly this. I would upgrade.

Will keep watching as folks get these and report back.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

They will be compatable with just about everything

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Are the new 20S compatible with the SMH10?

Spyder Garage

Default SENA application

Well i have the Sena Smartphone app for the 20S installed on my BlackBerry.
    Now, all i need are my 20S.
    Guess i wait in line until its my turn.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I'm beginning to think the 20S is kind of like Unicorns, and flying saucers. Just something you hear about but never see.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights