Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DubuqueSpyderRyder View Post
    I would recommend you make your way east to the Mississippi river and follow the roads to down LaCrosse which parallel the river. That is some of the best scenery in the area. Go through the town of LaCrosse, won't take long, it is an incredibly historic river town. From there I would follow the river road down to Prarrie du Chien. The road is literally within view of the river all the way. From Prarrie du Chien I would suggest your next stop be Cassville, Wi which is also on the river. It is the only town within 200 miles either way with a ferry across the Mississippi. Take the ferry both ways as it's a great ride, and where you'd end up in Iowa is not really on your way. From Cassville then go to Dubuque. Big town, good for an overnight, easy to hook up to several different roads directly down to St. Louis.

Safe travels,

DubuqueSpyderRyder
    The southwest quadrant of Wisconsin is without a doubt the best riding in the entire state of Wisconsin. I have been on every square inch of WI and would recommend someone to travel south along the river on either side of the river. Both sides offer their own views and features.

I would also say if anyone goes as far as Cassville... they have to stop at Potosi, WI at the Potosi Brewery restaurant. Neat place and good food. If not for food, at least for a break.
    Last edited by Illinois Boy; 06-15-2014 at 06:18 PM.