Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a Spyder, Intro

I have been riding bikes since college ... Which was awhile ago... So just over 30 years. My wife rides with me from time to time but never really showed much interest in riding her own. In March we went to Daytona. I rode from upstate SC and she flew to meet me. We had a great week with lots of good riding. We saw several spyders and she asked about them.

I have noticed that she started asking me if I would be nervous if she rode. Told her with the proper training and practice she should go for it! Last week she came home and said someone on a Spyder was beside her for awhile on the way home. She watched them ride and was intrigued. When she got home she asked if I thought she could ride one. I said sure again with some training and practice.

She surprised me by saying "let's go look at them ". Good enough for me. We went to the local dealer Saturday and checked them out. Now I am checking ads, eBay and Craigslist for a used one. She is excited and so am I.

I always said that as I got older and my knees got worse I would probably look at the spyder. Well now she wants one. We can ride together and maybe I can even ride it some.

I have a 2010 CVO Streetglide, a 2002 Bigdog chopper and a 1980 HD wide glide. Think I will sell the 80 FXWG and get "her" a spyder.

Sorry for the long post but found the site and have been reading all of the good info. Wanted to do an intro and hopefully post what we got soon. Looking for an RT.

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ride Safe,
    Dennis

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Welcome and good luck finding "your" bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Spyderverse! You've come to the right place for all the info you'll need.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You've already got a fine stable of rides...
    Do you or your Better-Half have any experience riding ATVs? They're probably the closest approximation to the feel of a Spyder...
    In the meantime; Happy Hunting!!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-11-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck on the hunt. The best selection of "good" used is probably found in our 4 sale by owner section.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

So glad your wife has taken an interest in the Spyder!

If she wants to ask questions from a woman's perspective and if she has a Facebook account, then tell her to request joining our Girls on Spyder group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/ We keep the group closed to women only and have over 1600 members worldwide. (You can private message me her name if you wish so I can be sure to know it's her. ) We'd love to have her join us!

Spyder Garage

If you are willing to come to Charleston,Velocity PowerSports in Ladson is a great dealer,We have bought 3 's from them.I have a 2011 RS and my wife just traded her 2011 RTs for a new 2014 RTL. if you do come contact me @ 843-813-2038 and maybe I can meet you there.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome,you two...

My daughter, Laura, and I found our Spyder's on Craig's List. Good place to hunt. Read about the different years of the RT -- 2010 - 2012 seem to be preferred with 2012 as top of the list. Different models within each year to check out - from base model to Limited Edition models. And colors............... Good luck in your hunt.

Here is a link that might be useful to you -- for folks new to all things Spyder:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!!

hope you find what your wife is looking for..check here in the for sale forum or dealers with great offeres. Ebay etc. Good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for all the helpful information. Have been reading here and searching for used ones. Looking at a couple soon and will post back how it goes.

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

Ride Safe,
    Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck in your search!

Spyder Garage

.............Happy Hunting!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Thanks again all. Found a 2012 RT A&C low miles in Blue from a forum member. Picking it up Monday. Going to sale one of my Harley's to make some room in the garage. Selling 1980 HD FXWG Shovelhead if anyone is interested

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

Ride Safe,
    Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good for you !!

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    So glad your wife has taken an interest in the Spyder!

If she wants to ask questions from a woman's perspective and if she has a Facebook account, then tell her to request joining our Girls on Spyder group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlsonspyders/ We keep the group closed to women only and have over 1600 members worldwide. (You can private message me her name if you wish so I can be sure to know it's her. ) We'd love to have her join us!

We got the Spyder home last night and I sent the link to my wife. Also PMed you her name. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    My daughter, Laura, and I found our Spyder's on Craig's List. Good place to hunt. Read about the different years of the RT -- 2010 - 2012 seem to be preferred with 2012 as top of the list. Different models within each year to check out - from base model to Limited Edition models. And colors............... Good luck in your hunt.

Here is a link that might be useful to you -- for folks new to all things Spyder:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Don
    Found ours on Craigslist too and it ended up being from a forum member here. It is a 2012 RT A&C in Orbital Blue. From reading about them, 2012 seemed to be the preferred as you said. Thanks for the link.
    Last edited by JustDennis; 06-17-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JustDennis View Post
    I have been riding bikes since college ... Which was awhile ago... So just over 30 years. My wife rides with me from time to time but never really showed much interest in riding her own. In March we went to Daytona. I rode from upstate SC and she flew to meet me. We had a great week with lots of good riding. We saw several spyders and she asked about them.

I have noticed that she started asking me if I would be nervous if she rode. Told her with the proper training and practice she should go for it! Last week she came home and said someone on a Spyder was beside her for awhile on the way home. She watched them ride and was intrigued. When she got home she asked if I thought she could ride one. I said sure again with some training and practice.

She surprised me by saying "let's go look at them ". Good enough for me. We went to the local dealer Saturday and checked them out. Now I am checking ads, eBay and Craigslist for a used one. She is excited and so am I.

I always said that as I got older and my knees got worse I would probably look at the spyder. Well now she wants one. We can ride together and maybe I can even ride it some.

I have a 2010 CVO Streetglide, a 2002 Bigdog chopper and a 1980 HD wide glide. Think I will sell the 80 FXWG and get "her" a spyder.

Sorry for the long post but found the site and have been reading all of the good info. Wanted to do an intro and hopefully post what we got soon. Looking for an RT.

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

Hi Dennis,

You better watch....I bought my 2013 ST Limited the last week of May last year. My husband immediately got the bug and I bought him an RTS for our trip to Spyderquest in September.

Neither of us needed to "give up" our Harleys due to medical issues. I rode an FLHTI for 10 years and my husband, an FLHRCI for 15. I just always loved the looks of the Spyders and thought they would be a blast to ride. Turned out I was right.

We have had so much fun on the Spyders that the Harleys were not being ridden and were sold.

I still get nostalgic for our Harleys once in a while, but we are having a great time on the Spyders.

Good luck.... I think you and your wife will be pleased.

Spyder Garage

Dennis,
    I bought a 2013 RT Ltd on September 18 2013 so that my better half would ride with me. (she wouldn't get on 2 wheels and even after 41 years of marriage I wanted her out there with me) she rode on back for about 1400 miles before we put the bike away for the winter.
    Long story short she drove it for the first time on March 29th and in less than 3 months she has has her license and has logged 3000 miles.
    BEWARE Spyder bites are infectious.

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

Living Life, Loving Life
    2017 F3T - Monolith Black Satin

2015 RTS - Intense Red Pearl
    2013 RTL - Lava Bronze - Retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geosik View Post
    Dennis,
    I bought a 2013 RT Ltd on September 18 2013 so that my better half would ride with me. (she wouldn't get on 2 wheels and even after 41 years of marriage I wanted her out there with me) she rode on back for about 1400 miles before we put the bike away for the winter.
    Long story short she drove it for the first time on March 29th and in less than 3 months she has has her license and has logged 3000 miles.
    BEWARE Spyder bites are infectious.
    Same thing here , We are in our early 60s and bought our RTS-e in Sept. 2013 and last week she took it in for it's service and came home with another one . She had never ridden any bike in her life and felt very comfortable on the Spyder . She has done a number of 400 mile solo rides and wanted one of her own , watch out you may become a two spyder family !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Got just the spyder for your wife

Ride Safe,
    JustDennis

If you take a look at the Spyders for sale, I just posted my 2013 RT semi automatic (no down shifting necessary)
    with only about 1,000 miles ....I absolutely love riding it, but we want to buy property in Colorado, so I will sell it and buy another in a few years. I have done all of the upgrades to include the adjustable handlebars. I used to ride a Harley, but got tired of having such short legs. My Spyder is such a great cruising ride, hubby and I had a great time..he on his Harley and me on my Spyder. I have priced it competitively considering that it has all of the luxuries, etc.