Spyder Garage

Question Bilt Techno Bluetooth Helmet

The new Built Techno Bluetooth Helmet is on sale for a very reasonable price. I am thinking about picking a couple up for my wife and myself. I currently ride with a Shark Evoline modular helmet with Sharktooh (bluetooth). It is a great helmet but only connects with other Shark products. I didn't want to spend that kind of money again for my wife who is only a part-time passenger. I can purchase two Built for the price of one shark. Does anyone have any experience/history with these helmets? Specifically, how is the connectivity and sound quality at speed?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I personally don't know if I would by a hemet with built in bluetooth. I currently have the Cardo Scala G4 for both the wife and I and when it needs replacing I will get the upgradded version of it or a sena. that way whhenever I choose to get a new helmet o my wife does we just put it on the new helmet and don't have to worry about if the helmet will connect. Just my 2 cents.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have to agree, get the helmet you want and put a bluetooth in it. My wife and I like Scorpion helmets and put the Sena units in those. Sena has updated their software to connect to other brands. You can put bluetooth in just about any helmet so why limit yourself. I have no experience with the Bilt helmets.
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 06-05-2014 at 02:59 PM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

In my opinion. The BILT brand gear is cheap junk. You get what you pay for.

Active Member RockyMountainRider50's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wanted to share some info I came across for those 2012 RTs that may be looking for that models digital & hard copy disk service manual. I found it on eBay listed for $14-$20 or make an offer tab. Well I made the offer of $10 and was immediately accepted. The buyer sent me a link to down load the digital copy and received the hard copy disk this afternoon. Also for the iPhone users there's an free app titled iSpyder you might be interested in. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 RT LTD & RT-622 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teacherbob View Post
    In my opinion. The BILT brand gear is cheap junk. You get what you pay for.
    I have to disagree with you. Whereas Bilt is not top of the line neither is it 'junk.' The Bilt helmets as well as some of the other Bilt products have a 5 year warranty.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    I have to disagree with you. Whereas Bilt is not top of the line neither is it 'junk.' The Bilt helmets as well as some of the other Bilt products have a 5 year warranty.
    I agree. I have a couple Bilt jackets and a few pairs of gloves and have nothing but good things to say.
    Its not the highest end stuff but does the job well.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only thing that would push me away from their Bluetooth helmets is that they only work with each other.....and I don't know many peeps running that system. However, if your only looking to communicate with each other and the helmets fit well, then go for it.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I have to agree, get the helmet you want and put a bluetooth in it. My wife and I like Scorpion helmets and put the Sena units in those. Sena has updated their software to connect to other brands. You can put bluetooth in just about any helmet so why limit yourself. I have no experience with the Bilt helmets.
    i and the wife all so run the same setup as you Scorpion helmets and put the Sena SMH10 and we love them internal sun visor is great all so they use to make the can-am helmets not sure who is making them no any one know ???

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I both have the Bilt helmets with the built in bluetooth..We love them...We have had both the Cardo and the Sena,and for just communicating with each other,they are excellent..they do run a little small on the sizes. You may have to get one or two sizes larger than what you normally have.We had HJC and I took a size bigger,but my wife took the same size...They are not cheap junk in our opinion...To each his own..

Spyder Garage

Red face thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    My wife and I both have the Bilt helmets with the built in bluetooth..We love them...We have had both the Cardo and the Sena,and for just communicating with each other,they are excellent..they do run a little small on the sizes. You may have to get one or two sizes larger than what you normally have.We had HJC and I took a size bigger,but my wife took the same size...They are not cheap junk in our opinion...To each his own..
    Hello everyone,
    I just wanted to say thank you for your input and a great dicussion.

Spyder Garage

We switched to the Bell Mag 9 helmet that has a pocket for the Sena SMH-10. We love the built in sun visor and the built in full shield.

http://www.revzilla.com/bell-mag-9-helmet

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have the Sena set and are quite happy. When we changed helmets, it took five minutes to switch.