Spyder Garage

Default Two brothers exhaust + Can Am saddle bags = does it fit??

Hey guys,

2012 RSS with factory Can Am saddle bags:

RSS bags.jpg

Really like the Two Brothers carbon fiber dual exhaust:

TBR exhaust carbon.jpg

Would the exhaust be able to fit with the saddle bags on though? I plan to ride 95% of the time with the bags off...but if I ever want to put them on...clearly if the exhaust is in the way...that would not work.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A guy down the road tryed that and it did not work

Spyder Garage

Default TBR

It states on the TBR website that it will not fit with the factory panniers, that's why I went for the single.
    TBR slip on carbon canister.jpg
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

I put them on my 2013 ST an love them { two mufflers } Just loosen bracket on the muffler then lower the pipes so that they clear the ground an clear under the bags then cut a 5 our 6 inch peace of flat metal to mount back in the hole where the bags. Hope this helps.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    I put them on my 2013 ST an love them { two mufflers } Just loosen bracket on the muffler then lower the pipes so that they clear the ground an clear under the bags then cut a 5 our 6 inch peace of flat metal to mount back in the hole where the bags. Hope this helps.
    Wow interesting...do you have a pic? I don't fully follow but I like the sound of this

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StealthSpyder View Post
    Wow interesting...do you have a pic? I don't fully follow but I like the sound of this
    Here is a pic of the pipes on the ST
    Attached Images Attached Images

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default 5" or 6" flat metal

Is this to facilitate mounting the muffler, an extension piece ?
    Have you got some photo's of it please.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    This is CJ/johnnyg, John asked me to post this. You can call him on his cell 352-303-6198 he can give you details. When he gets home I will take a couple of pics and post them being he road it to work I will have to wait till he gets home.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    Maybe it is for heat deflection on the bottom side of the bags since I'm guessing the bottom of the right bag is probably within an inch or two of the top of the top pipe?

We will have to wait for Johnny to come back to better understand.

But I like this! The pic is excellent.

I have another question...how easy is it to loosen and adjust the mounting bracket to pipe them up at more of an upward angle when I take my bags off? If there is a lot involved, it probably wouldn't be worth it. But if it is a quick 5 min or less adjustment...I'll just leave them installed pointing diagonally upwards like they are meant to be installed since I'll be riding without the bags 95% of the time. Whenever I need to put them on for long trips, I can just adjust them back down? That would be awesome if it were quick n easy enough to do!

Spyder Garage

Another idea I thought of, since I really freakin want this two brothers dual exhaust! Question...how quick and easy is it swapping the exhausts from stock to two brothers to back to stock?

In the rare event that we need to put the bags on: If it is a less than a 30 minute deal and doable at home...I could just throw the stock exhaust back on so we can put the bags on. Then I'd be able to leave the two brothers dual exhaust on basically all the time without having to jury rig up a custom fitment. I'm not very mechanically inclined unfortunately

Spyder Garage

Here are the pics I said I would send. ( CJ is sending for Me)
    First pic shows the bottom of the exhaust is five inchs off the ground, second pic is the side view of it mounted. Third pic shows you the clearence from the muffler to the bottom of the bag. Forth pic shows I have about an 1" clearence. The fifth pic shows bracket that mounts the muffler to the bike. I used a little piece of metal and drill the wholes. The top bolt has a 1" spacer and the bottom has 1/4". you need to use these to keep the bolts from hitting the tire. Using the bolt that comes with it and match it with another bolt so you have two, then put your spacer on the bolts and screw them in. Make sure the muffler clamp is good and tight and its not leaking fumes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnnyg; 06-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Photo's

I can see what he has done know, he has made an extension piece (last photo) from the original mount on the spyder to lower the TBR mufflers.

It would only take around 30 minutes max to remove the TBR and install the oem muffler back on.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Fox Podium shocks

Spyder Garage

One thing I forgot to tell you, is you don't need a juice box or any other device if you don't want it. CJ has had hers on for about 25K and it's pure stock. Our dealer told us you don't need it unless you want to spend the money. The juice box cuts out alot of the popping noise but she loves it and so do I, It does it on my ST too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The oem muffler uses a gasket, not sure how many times you could get away with reusing it, mine got kinda jacked up when I pulled the original muffler off. Other than that, switching them back and forth isn't a big deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msj4848 View Post
    The oem muffler uses a gasket, not sure how many times you could get away with reusing it, mine got kinda jacked up when I pulled the original muffler off. Other than that, switching them back and forth isn't a big deal.
    There really isn't any reason you should have to switch them back and forth, once you get everything adjusted with the saddle bags you can take the bags off anytime. Unless you are looking for a quieter ride. If that is the case why bother.

Spyder Garage

There really isn't any reason you should have to switch them back and forth, once you get everything adjusted with the saddle bags you can take the bags off anytime. Unless you are looking for a quieter ride. If that is the case why bother.
    Definitely not looking for a quieter ride

The pics are perfect, explanations very good too! That is awesome how you fabbed that up. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default ...me too!

...hello, I'm Bob and I'm picking up a 2010 RS next week with bags, and would also like to do the Two Brothers dual set-up. Did you do anything between the bottom of the bag and the exhaust can to dissipate heat? or is the clearance enough so it doesn't present a problem. I'm more worried about it when it's idling or at a light after it's warmed up. I appreciate what you did for the original poster, and am excited that I might just be able to get this set-up myself. Thanks, Bob..

Spyder Garage

Default 2 Brothers

Hey guys,

RSS bags.jpg

TBR exhaust carbon.jpg

Would the exhaust be able to fit with the saddle bags on though? I plan to ride 95% of the time with the bags off...but if I ever want to put them on...clearly if the exhaust is in the way...that would not work.

Thoughts/Ideas?
    I have a 2008 with 2 brothers dual exhaust and givi bags no problem at all

Spyder Garage

Default pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Zoup2nuts View Post
    ...hello, I'm Bob and I'm picking up a 2010 RS next week with bags, and would also like to do the Two Brothers dual set-up. Did you do anything between the bottom of the bag and the exhaust can to dissipate heat? or is the clearance enough so it doesn't present a problem. I'm more worried about it when it's idling or at a light after it's warmed up. I appreciate what you did for the original poster, and am excited that I might just be able to get this set-up myself. Thanks, Bob..
    I answered your pm there is no problem with givi bags and 2 brothers dual pipes on a 2008 the bags are off but later today ill put the right side on and measure the clearance. I don't know about a 2010 but it should be the same

Spyder Garage

Default pics

spyders 180.jpg
    Hey guys,

RSS bags.jpgthis is not a very good pic but is best I have on comp the black one

TBR exhaust carbon.jpg

Thoughts/Ideas?

Spyder Garage

Default Two brothers exhaust + Can Am saddle bags = does it fit??

Hey FrankC,
    Looks like you could keep a thermos of soup in that right givi bag & keep it toasty all day.
    Last edited by Spyder ri; 09-04-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: tyoe i

Spyder Garage

Default can of soup

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder ri View Post
    Hey FrankC,
    Looks like you could keep a thermos of soup in that right givi bag & keep it toasty all day.
    I believe its just the angle of the photo its really not that close, I will measure it later if anyone is interested, my wife has about 30,000 miles with no damage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'd add that these are carbon pipes and produce a little less heat than the aluminium ones.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dual Two Bro's with bags

Here are the pics I said I would send. ( CJ is sending for Me)
    First pic shows the bottom of the exhaust is five inchs off the ground, second pic is the side view of it mounted. Third pic shows you the clearence from the muffler to the bottom of the bag. Forth pic shows I have about an 1" clearence. The fifth pic shows bracket that mounts the muffler to the bike. I used a little piece of metal and drill the wholes. The top bolt has a 1" spacer and the bottom has 1/4". you need to use these to keep the bolts from hitting the tire. Using the bolt that comes with it and match it with another bolt so you have two, then put your spacer on the bolts and screw them in. Make sure the muffler clamp is good and tight and its not leaking fumes.
    Thanks so much for the pictures and info. Great explanation. I've been hooked on the Dual pipes sound but have been wrestling with what to do about the bags. Think you helped me make up my mind.
    However, I found an old sound clip on Youtube from Lamonster comparing a Venom pipe and another (can't recall brand name). Both of them sounded really deep and rumbly.

Yet again Spyderlover's come through!