Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2009 battery wont fit due to length

i have a 2009 spyder SE5. When i attempted to replace the battery, which I order specifically for 2009 spyder, it is a little too long and will not fit into the battery bracket. I measured the old battery and it is 8 inches long. The new battery mesures 8 1/8 inches in length. The extra 1/8 inch will not allow the battery to sit properly in the bracket and will not allow me to fasten the rubber strap to keep it in place. I looked on line at other batteries specific to the spyder, and the all measure over 8 inches in length. Has anyone else encountered this problem.

Spyder Garage

I just bought one for my wife's 2009 and I didn't have any problems. Did you get a YTX24HL? Because that is what you should have.

Spyder Garage

You're not the first to have trouble. I did on my 09 as well. Try again it will go. There is a small lip on the bottom of the case you have to get past.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TIGHT FIT

Quote Originally Posted by badsaint View Post
    i have a 2009 spyder SE5. When i attempted to replace the battery, which I order specifically for 2009 spyder, it is a little too long and will not fit into the battery bracket. I measured the old battery and it is 8 inches long. The new battery mesures 8 1/8 inches in length. The extra 1/8 inch will not allow the battery to sit properly in the bracket and will not allow me to fasten the rubber strap to keep it in place. I looked on line at other batteries specific to the spyder, and the all measure over 8 inches in length. Has anyone else encountered this problem.

Under no circumstances force the battery in.....because it will be almost impossible to get it out...
    What I have done in similar situations is take a hammer and sturdy stick and make the box a little bigger......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Is this the vaunted , "BFH" theory put to practical use?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike,
    Is this the vaunted , "BFH" theory put to practical use?
    I don't often recommend this solution, however if you force the battery in .....it's almost impossible to get it out because of NO ACCESS to the rear of the battery box......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-04-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe an air hose fitting on the back side of the box...
    Fire that baby out of there, when it's time is done!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I just bought one for my wife's 2009 and I didn't have any problems. Did you get a YTX24HL? Because that is what you should have.
    What he said! Just replaced the one in my 2012 [the lame *** owner put it in winter storage without pulling the battery! ]

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags