Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't you just love when you post asking for recommendations for a half helmet and half of the responses you get are opinions on whether you should even wear one or suggesting you wear something else. Fortunately there are a few who stuck to the question at hand and made some suggestions based on their experience.

BTW, I wear a full face helmet but I am interested in the responses to the questions asked as to good half helmets for summer wear on occasion. Being of sound mind I feel like I can make the decision when or if I want to wear one or not.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Don't you just love when you post asking for recommendations for a half helmet and half of the responses you get are opinions on whether you should even wear one or suggesting you wear something else. Fortunately there are a few who stuck to the question at hand and made some suggestions based on their experience.
    . I think they are just sharing their own thinking process, and are really not intending to be judgmental, at least I hope so.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post

BTW, I wear a full face helmet but I am interested in the responses to the questions asked as to good half helmets for summer wear on occasion. Being of sound mind I feel like I can make the decision when or if I want to wear one or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    . I think they are just sharing their own thinking process, and are really not intending to be judgmental, at least I hope so.

I agree Dan. I say, well done overall!

And Dick, I hear what you are saying. But let me toss this out there,,, I am actually happy with the posts so far here. I understand what you are saying, in that they could just stick to answering the question,,, But some have a very strong passion about full protection helmets, and I think they feel a sincere desire to express that by sharing their passion for safety.

But,,, in this thread, unlike MOST in the past,,,, the differing opinions were offered with respect. No comments that were demeaning to the OP, and no calling anyone a moron or worse. We have seen that far too often in the past.

In fact, I think I have never been more proud to be a Spyderlovers member. Some may laugh at that and say B.S.!!! But I'm dead serious. A thread about helmets that hasn't become venomous!!! Yes. Some of the posts didn't specifically address the OP question. But that's OK! I still think this thread has been a huge success so far. Just my 2 cents bro!

Hey Dick, will I see you at any events this year????