Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Yamaha Raider owner thinking about converting Need some help!!

Hello as u can tell im a new member im 23 years old married no kids. I currently own a 113 cubic inch yamaha Raider i as of late have been becoming more and more interested in the spyders. I know they will not have the danglers the raider has however they do seem very respectable for a 3 wheeled 990cc bike.

I have a dealer less then an hour away from me that i can take one for a test drive and i plan to this week.
    Im looking at the RS / RS-S models strictly with the manual transmission.

My questions for you guys are 1 what would be a good out the door price for a 2013 RS-S manual ? dealer without really talking to me told me 15000 plus tax im 8% tax here in ny

What if any opinions can you give a younger 2 wheeled bike guy about the spyder.

Spyder Garage

that 15000 sounds good for a rs but the rss will coast about 2000 dollars moore,so keep that in mind.thats what i paid for my rs in 2010,so that sounds like a good deal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    that 15000 sounds good for a rs but the rss will coast about 2000 dollars moore,so keep that in mind.thats what i paid for my rs in 2010,so that sounds like a good deal.
    he said 15,000 for a 2013 RS-S figure 15 models will be coming soon ? and its 15 is not out the door price got to figure tax and fees

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by matj1990 View Post
    Hello as u can tell im a new member im 23 years old married no kids. I currently own a 113 cubic inch yamaha Raider i as of late have been becoming more and more interested in the spyders. I know they will not have the danglers the raider has however they do seem very respectable for a 3 wheeled 990cc bike.

I have a dealer less then an hour away from me that i can take one for a test drive and i plan to this week.
    Im looking at the RS / RS-S models strictly with the manual transmission.

My questions for you guys are 1 what would be a good out the door price for a 2013 RS-S manual ? dealer without really talking to me told me 15000 plus tax im 8% tax here in ny

What if any opinions can you give a younger 2 wheeled bike guy about the spyder.
    I typically look on eBay and see what's out there to get a base idea of what a "deal" is, then I'll call a few dealers and see if I can get close. I think $15 is a little high for a manual shift. Should be close on a electronic shift.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with your Spyder search.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Good luck with your Spyder search.
    Thanks I plan to take one for a Ride "WED" and see if i like it or not. Then maybe talk alittle on price

Spyder Garage

i paid 17k in 2012 for the rss. 15k sounds like a really fair price. good luck on the negotiating!! (are you looking at roberts?) they are great people with a great dealership up there. met them at sita back in 2012.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    i paid 17k in 2012 for the rss. 15k sounds like a really fair price. good luck on the negotiating!! (are you looking at roberts?) they are great people with a great dealership up there. met them at sita back in 2012.
    yes looking at roberts..in malone. I have found them for under 15k shipped online was hopping to be able to get it down to at least that with Fee's and Tax. But wasnt sure what others were paying for left overs ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yes looking at roberts..in malone. I have found them for under 15k shipped online was hopping to be able to get it down to at least that with Fee's and Tax. But wasnt sure what others were paying for left overs ?
    Also Whats the RSS over the RS besides shocks & paint ?

Spyder Garage

Cruise control, better looking wheels
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Cruise control on the 2013's and nicer wheels. Cruise is VERY nice to have IMHO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Cruise control on the 2013's and nicer wheels. Cruise is VERY nice to have IMHO
    So i Test drove a 2013 RS auto today ... The 13 RSS 5spd would not start relay was clicking but not starter ....Meh crap happens

Anyway wow these things are smooth could use some more power but it was sooo smooth over rough roads and such. Now cornering i got used to pretty quick not to big a deal yes different than a motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

Default I fear..!!

your getting hooked. The manual is even more fun. With a few minor changes you can get a lot more out of them. I have never found anything that can make me smile and enjoy life as much as these machines do. Welcome spyderlover hope you find your ryde soon..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

make sure you ride a SE5 before you plop down the cash. I have a sneaking suspicion you might like it. It's awesome holding the throttle wide open and popping through the gears . At 7,000 RPMS the shifts feel great and the bike pulls nice.

Spyder Garage

Other then what Arctic said that's about it ,and it is good to try the SE5, But it didn't change my decision to get a SM5 .

Take the test ride they are a lot different then a 2 wheeler , also try the 14 RSS or RS they are supposed to relaxed the nanny a little for little bit more aggressive riding.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Other then what Arctic said that's about it ,and it is good to try the SE5, But it didn't change my decision to get a SM5 .

Take the test ride they are a lot different then a 2 wheeler , also try the 14 RSS or RS they are supposed to relaxed the nanny a little for little bit more aggressive riding.

Im in the 15k range so a 14rss is out the of question .. Now like i said i did Ride a SE5 it was decent but seemed alittle lacking in power however i never did get it above 7-8k

Im on the fence with These spyders and a kawasaki vaquero we will see what the wife says thursday or friday when i go back to test a RSS SM5

Spyder Garage

Im in the 15k range so a 14rss is out the of question .. Now like i said i did Ride a SE5 it was decent but seemed alittle lacking in power however i never did get it above 7-8k

Im on the fence with These spyders and a kawasaki vaquero we will see what the wife says thursday or friday when i go back to test a RSS SM5
    They have a higher power band that really doesn't really kick in until about 5000 RPMs

What color are you looking at?

Good luck with your decision, if you get it post some pics

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    They have a higher power band that really doesn't really kick in until about 5000 RPMs

What color are you looking at?

Good luck with your decision, if you get it post some pics
    Color not a big deal anything but gloss black... Lol I'm liking the green or orange though

Spyder Garage

Yeah the flat finishes are real nice looking
    I was very partial to the green :-)

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

I traded in my 2003 V-star Classic for my ST-S.....good luck!

Love my rides:
    2013 ST-S SE5
    2013 Nissian Frontier
    2006 VW beetle
    1974 Chevy Camaro

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So the dealer pretty much straight up insulted me with a trade in offer on my Raider of 5g's and is not budging at all on his 15k price for the left over RSS that wouldnt start when i asked to take it for a test ride.

This unfortunetly has slightly veered my interest towards other bikes alittle more. but i am still considering them. only not from this dealer

Spyder Garage

So the dealer pretty much straight up insulted me with a trade in offer on my Raider of 5g's and is not budging at all on his 15k price for the left over RSS that wouldnt start when i asked to take it for a test ride.

This unfortunetly has slightly veered my interest towards other bikes alittle more. but i am still considering them. only not from this dealer
    What I your bike realistically worth?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    What I your bike realistically worth?

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...-1854cc/Values

This doesnt include

power commander,ecu flash,avon grips,agm battery, integrated blaster x taillight,side mount plate, cobra backrest, hid headlight
    4k miles new tires just inspected ready to go kept in MINT and i mean MINT

To by the accessories alone would run you 2300 or more
    Last edited by matj1990; 06-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...-1854cc/Values

This doesnt include

power commander,ecu flash,avon grips,agm battery, integrated blaster x taillight,side mount plate, cobra backrest, hid headlight
    4k miles new tires just inspected ready to go kept in MINT and i mean MINT

To by the accessories alone would run you 2300 or more
    They almost never pay anything for accessories. If they aren't factory options, most dealers don't even want them on the bike. As a buyer, I'd feel a hell of a lot better not knowing it had power commander on it ever.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How many miles on your raider? Got any pics to post up?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk