Thread: Update done.

Spyder Garage

Default Update done.

Finally decided to get the update done. I was riding to work last tuesday and the steering locked up. It would not let me turn the handlebars. I had to force the handlebars to turn and it finally broke free and allowed me to turn. This happened a few more times on the way. It continued to lock up on the way home. I pulled over and pulled the relays and reseated them. It drove fine after that. I left it parked until today, when I had time to take it to the shop. They did the recall and the update, But they did not extend the canister hose like some people have posted. I questioned the service manager about it and he said that my VIN# did not require the added hose. When I got the Spyder home and cranked it, I could definitely hear a change in the idle. It idles way smoother than before and the power steering is definitely much easier to turn the handlebars. I went for a little ride and the steering is definitely improved. I just hope that this update has cured the locking handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Hopefully all of the kinks have been sorted out with the updates and you will be good to go. My Spyder's VIN number was also not on the list for that update for some reason. I have never had a fuel smell though, so I think everything is just fine.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Run the extension yourself - overfill your tank, or don't really seat the fuel cap, and you will have raw fuel in that cannister. Better yet, drop kick the cannister, and run the vent to the back of the bike...

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replys. I think that I will extend the hose myself>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    drop kick the cannister, and run the vent to the back of the bike...
    That's what I did about 3,500 miles ago and everything's been great.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...