Spyder Garage

Default Nova Scotia-Prince Edward Island-

Hello Spyders
    Looking for a 3 day trip leaving from Yarmouth Nova Scotia going to Prince Edward Island then back to Portland Maine.
    Thanks
    Tpiketrooper Tony

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Personally, I thinks really "pushing" the envelope for 3 days unless you're a lot faster rider than I am.

Spyder Garage

Stop and smell the roses. You also might want to PM "Ivorspyder" and ask him about some of the scenic routes.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was up there 3 years ago on my way up to the Gaspe. Don't get me wrong, it's do-able, but it's all driving. It's a full day from my house ( about 40 miles south of Portland) to PEI up the turnpike to Bangor and then across the Skyway thru Calis then up the Trans-Canada Highway. It's also a pretty full day from Yarmouth to PEI following the Bay of Fundy shore and then crossing the new bridge onto PEI. So that only leaves you a day for PEI. Now I'll grant you, there's not a lot to see up there except scenery, but I would allow at least 2 days for it. There's a North loop and a South loop and each is about a day and each is worthwhile doing. Otherwise, it's all highway driving to do it in that time span.
    Last edited by sddinnh; 05-29-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Tks Steve I am going to grab the new Ferry in Portland to Yarmouth and start my trip there. So I will have a full 3 days in Canada and 1 day to travel home. So any other info will be great.
    Tony

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tpiketrooper View Post
    Tks Steve I am going to grab the new Ferry in Portland to Yarmouth and start my trip there. So I will have a full 3 days in Canada and 1 day to travel home. So any other info will be great.
    Tony
    Tony, there are some Great roads up the Bay of Fundy side of NS. You'll probably want to take 101 to 14 to 215 to 236 to 102 to 104 to 2 to 209 to 242 to 2 to 104 which will take you around the Bay of Fundy and bring you out at Amhurst. Out of Amhurst take 2 to 16 which will take you out to PEI. PEI has 3 Loops, one to the East, one in the center, and one to the West. The bridge is NO TOLL going on to PEI and, I think a $17.00 toll coming off PEI. Probably the best place to stay for access to the loops is right around the junction of 15,1, and 1A. You find the roads pretty flat, without a lot of great views except in a few places.

On the way home take 16 back across the bridge to 2 then take 1 down to Calais then grab 9 (the skyway) to Bangor and the Maine Tpk to Portland. There is no good way thru New Brunswick so just grit your teeth and do it. Once you cross at Calais, you can either take 9 to Bangor or meander down the coast on 1, your choice.

Hope that helps

Steve
    Last edited by sddinnh; 05-29-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default : Nova Scotia-Prince Edward Island-

Tony

I just dropped my daughter last week at St Anne's University in Nova Scotia, take highway 1 NOT 101 from Yarmouth very nice to drive, when you get to Windsor, you can take 102 (faster) or branch off on a sub highway up to Truro I wished I was on my Spyder, if you can fit it in do the Cabot Trail anti clockwise, that is one memorable trip, I did it last year, it's a 300 mile loop that goes around the top of Cape Breton.

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Spyder Garage

Nova Scotia is pretty nice. Spent a week there in 1997. So--my information is not to current.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DRTSB View Post
    I just dropped my daughter last week at St Anne's University in Nova Scotia, take highway 1 NOT 101 from Yarmouth very nice to drive, when you get to Windsor, you can take 102 (faster) or branch off on a sub highway up to Truro I wished I was on my Spyder, if you can fit it in do the Cabot Trail anti clockwise, that is one memorable trip, I did it last year, it's a 300 mile loop that goes around the top of Cape Breton.

Dave
    I agree, but he's got 4 days to get from Yarmouth to PEI to Portland Maine. That's not a lot of time to get up the and down the two coasts of the Bay of Fundy and to do PEI too.

Spyder Garage

Hello Spyders
    Looking for a 3 day trip leaving from Yarmouth Nova Scotia going to Prince Edward Island then back to Portland Maine.
    Thanks
    Tpiketrooper Tony
    I am from Waterboro, Me, and I have made a few trips to NS and the "blue nose rally" in Kentsville has been the destination, Cape Breton is good both ways but counterclockwise puts you on the ocean side of the road, three days will not give you a great time, it takes a day to do cape Bret and two days minimum for Prince Edward, cost to get on prince Edward island is free but they charge you to leave "do both" there is the ferry over after you do cape Bretton then the bridge back, there is no sight seeing on the bridge unless you stand up on your spyder the barriers are too tall. the higways in New Brunswick are wide and fast and keep a full tank because some of the fillups are a stretch for the spyder, if you get a chance to fill with non ethanol do so. WE like the Calais, St Stevens to turo,ns. routemuch easier on the butt to save some time Take the St johns to Digby ferry, but you are going on a motorcycle ride not a ferry ride. Good Luck I hope you enjoy your spyder as much as I enjoy mine.

Spyder Garage

​Time versus Enjoyment.

Spyder Garage

Default Nova Scotia-Prince Edward Island-

The important thing to remember is Enjoy your Spyder, where ever you ride it, if you can't do it this year, do it next year, just get out and ride!!

Dave
    2011 Spyder RT Limited, drive daily (except when it's snowing)
    2012 Honda Fury VT1300
    1974 850 Norton Commando, drive daily, praying that it keeps running!
    2009 Goldwing GL1800 AD, traded in
    2009 Suzuki M109, (fast bike), traded in
    2011 Nissan Murano SL, S, ride to work

Spyder Garage

We took longer than that just to do the two coasts of NS and still didn't get to see everything. It was 1 day just to do the Cabot Trail at a leisurely pace. Lots to see. Sounds more like a week or two trip to me but if you really must do it in 4 days, get a gopro camera and play back the whole thing in slow motion when you get home to get the full effect...
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6