Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Mine is making the same noise, as soon as the key is turned on. Haven't faced the issue yet.

Spyder Garage

Default noisy roadster

I bought a 2014 Roadster new in Oct 2014, thought it was the noisiset bike I had ever ridden, but "normal " for the Spyder, then a friend who had 62K miles on his 09 RT rode it and said I had an unbearabely noisy bike and it was probably the fuel pump. I have a loud noise whenever the engine is turned on and it gets louder the faster she goes, without ear plugs the bike is not fun to ride. When at the 3K mile oil change I pointed this out to the dealer he said it was "normal" noise for a Spyder. Where do I go next??
    Andy
    My wife and I circumnavigated the globe on our trimaran sailboat, gone 8 years
    Cushman Eagle, 1954 Corvette, 1964 Corvette with Duntov cam, 1996 Corvette, Chrysler 300 Hemi,
    2003 1800 Gold Wing with Hannigan sidecar
    2014 Spyder RT
    IBA41956
    DS446

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had mine replaced in April, it was really loud when you turned the key on and could be heard constantly while driving

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes it is loud on my '14 RT. But compared to my '92 5.0 Mustang fuel pump it is quiet. And it was that way from day one... on both. Sound of Power?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up quiet fuel pump

My 14 RT LTD has had a very noisy fuel pump since new. Worked ok, just noisy. Would have a steady whine when fuel was cold but would change to a wa-wa sound as the fuel warmed up. Spoke to the service manager at my local dealer and he agreed it was noisy and would replace it under warranty but of course he had to order the replacement pump. Got a call from service manager 2 days later saying pump was in and scheduled an appointment. Tech changed it out in two hours flat including a wash job. Absolutely no whine now. Kudos to my dealer!!!

Jim

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Whine on mine

Just bought a used 2014 RT Limited and it too has the loud FP. Scheduled a laser alignment with our local powersports dealer and will mention it to them then. Got the extended warranty passed on to me and in my name, so should not have any issue to have it replaced. I'm in central Illinois and will let you all know what dealer says.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Service Bulletin?

Also, given the fact that some of you have had yours replaced under warranty, am I wrong to assume that there should be a service bulletin for this issue? If there is, does anyone have the number? Might make it easier for my local dealership to submit warranty claim.

Spyder Garage

I took ours in for a new rear tire and the dealer said the pump was loud. Anyway they change it under warranty. To be honest we never really notice it. It was louder than our 09 but,just thought it was normal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scott k View Post
    I took ours in for a new rear tire and the dealer said the pump was loud. Anyway they change it under warranty. To be honest we never really notice it. It was louder than our 09 but,just thought it was normal.
    I called the dealer and service said they've never heard of this. Wrote to BRP who created a case from my question. Received a reply from them that my question had been sent to the dealer and there shouldn't be any issue getting this replaced if they think it is too loud. My wife and I put about 60 miles on the Spyder this weekend, just cruising around town. Pump didn't seem to be a loud as when I was riding solo to work. Could still hear it though. Anyway, after reading the comments here and what some have said about performance gains after replacing, I'm hoping this is a non-issue with my dealer and they will replace. I have printed out the letter from BRP and this thread in case I need to show additional proof.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New fuel pump coming

Quote Originally Posted by keys2heaven View Post
    I called the dealer and service said they've never heard of this. Wrote to BRP who created a case from my question. Received a reply from them that my question had been sent to the dealer and there shouldn't be any issue getting this replaced if they think it is too loud. My wife and I put about 60 miles on the Spyder this weekend, just cruising around town. Pump didn't seem to be a loud as when I was riding solo to work. Could still hear it though. Anyway, after reading the comments here and what some have said about performance gains after replacing, I'm hoping this is a non-issue with my dealer and they will replace. I have printed out the letter from BRP and this thread in case I need to show additional proof.
    My Dealer has ordered a new fuel pump today based on my saying it is noisier now than when purchased new in spring 2015. It is a 2014 RTL with 37000 km on it now.
    It got to whining more and more, when I stopped at dealer, no noise, typical right. But it was decided it was noisy. They ordered new one and installed it October 11/16.
    so now we ride and see if it stays quieter.
    Last edited by RTL1330; 10-14-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Update
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully I'll make it to the dealership before the rain hits on Friday. Having lazer alignment done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Finally got Spyder in to dealership today. Had alignment done. 3/8" off. Noticeable difference in handling.

Tech also called Can-Am and they recommended replacing fuel pump (under warranty). So pump will be replaced.

If yours is noisy, recommend seeing dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The sound of silence

Had the fuel pump replaced under warranty today. Ahhhhhhh....the sound of silence!

No noise from fuel pump whatsoever now.

for BRP authorizing the warranty work.

Spyder Garage

My wife's 2014 RT pump was very loud. My 2014 was noticeable but not as loud as hers. Picked hers up from the dealer Friday and absolutely no noise from new pump. Her Spyder seems to have more power now too. They have ordered a new pump for mine to be installed next week.
    2014 RT Limited, Cognac (Wife's) Hand Brake, Heated Comfort Seat, iPhone Cable in Glove Box, Baja Ron Swaybar, Spyder Pop's BumpSkid.
    2014 RT-S, Cognac (Mine) Tri Axis Bars, Comfort Seat, BRP Backrest, iPhone Cable in Glove Box, Baja Ron Swaybar, Spyder Pop's BumpSkid, Spyder2go Drink Holder.