Spyder Garage

Default FF helmet to match yellow spyder

Has anyone found a helmet that matches, or comes close to the Yellow Metallic of the 2013 ST-S? My wife would like one, preferably FF or modular. We found a Torc but the chin bar area was really elongated, more like a dirt bike helmet. Not a good fit. I've seen some on line from Nolan, HJC, Shoei and Summit, but no yellow in any local stores. The on line colors are difficult to go by. She does NOT want Hi-Viz yellow.

I may look into having her current one painted.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Spyder Garage

If you can't find it in the store try the link below.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-h...atured&tab=all
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Yellow Helmets galore at MotorcycleSuperstore
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...1-1_5-14_2-3_4

Also, don't forget to PM BajaRon to see what he has or can get. He is a sponsor here.

Spyder Garage

Yes I know about the on line availability. I want to know if anyone has one in possession and how closely the color matches the Spyder metallic yellow. Hard to tell just from the computer screen pictures.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ls2

Also wanted a yellow mod. Helmet, so ordered LS2 from above mentioned superstore, but yellow was too high vis and didn't match. But, I loved helmet so much I reordered in white. Doesn't look that bad with circuit yellow spider.

Spyder Garage

Default helmet

I got a yellow modular helmet at cyclegear.com
    Last edited by ekfraz; 05-27-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

...not quite sure about matching ride color first... I'd rather find a lid that fits, then choose the color than the other way around.

Everyone has his own priorities, but For me fit & comfort comes first, matching the ride is the least of my worries.

...Ben...

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got a Nolan and the color match is close but the Nolan does not have metallic in it, also another thought is to paint a helmet. I looked into this and a rattle can of the matching yellow can be had for 100 bucks and that includes the clear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Spyder Garage

My spyder is red, but here is what I did to get a match: I refinished a helmet.
    To do this, I first sanded it with 220 grit, then taped it up real dood. I used a plastic plant pot container, a real cheap one. That way I could bend the pot to insert it into the helmet. Sort of a poor boys helmet stand. After I taped it and sanded it--you have to sand the labels completely off. After I sanded it, I prime red it with plastic primer. Then I spray painted it wth som color match spray paint I found on line. I let the paint dry overnight, lightly sanded it with 600 grit, and reapplied the spray paint. I put on three coats this way. Then I used a can of 2K top coat. This stuff is expensive, and after you activate it in the can you have to use it in 48 hours. But it is extremely tough. So, I activated the can and sprayed the helmet. Waited 12 hours and sanded with 1000 grit and sprayed it a second time. Careful not too thick each time--you don't want runs. Sanded a second time, and sprayed it again. Let it dry for 3 days before removing the tape and going for a Ryde.

special note. If you have air vents and a flip down sun screen from inside the helmet, make sure you put tape on the vents. Use a sharp, small knife to trim the tape so it is exact. Be very patient with the taping, and allow yourself the time to re-do it if you see any goofs.

I would post a pic, but honestly, it is just a Can Am Spyder Viper Red helmet. An exact match---but not real informative as a photo.
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 05-28-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe