Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Indy Spyder Riders

I have been talking with some folks here in the Indiana forum to see if anyone would be interested in forming as Spyder Club here in Indy. There seems to be some interest. So if you're interested, we will be meeting this Sat (May 24th) at the Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd and Washington St. here in Indianapolis at 11am. I know some of you said you can't make it but are interested. I can't wait to meet you at the next meeting! My name is Mike. My wife and I own a 2014 Spyder RT Ltd. We live on Indy's southeast side. We went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo. and saw all the clubs there and thought "Why doesn't Indy have a club?" You could see the friendships, common interest (Spyder owners, sharing info, new ideas), and all the fun they were all having. We would like to meet other Spyder owners, ride with them, and make new friendships, and share in the fun of owning a Can Am Spyder. Although I have never done anything like this, I am willing to put time in learning and doing to help get a club together. So if you can't make it this weekend, and think you might be interested, reply here so we can see who's interested. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting you! Mike and Gigi

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Great idea!

Mike, I am definitely interested but can't make it this Saturday either. I head out of state for the summer for 4 months but would be glad to meet up if you get this organized in the spring and fall after I get back in town. I have a 2012 RT-S.

Tom

Spyder Garage

can't do it this weekend
    very interested

ride safe
    geo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I know this is a bad weekend to try to set up a meeting. It was the first time I had available. I will still be at Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd. and Washington St. at 11am Sat 5-24 in case anyone wants to go. I appreciate everyone's response and interest. Does anyone have a suggestion when and where we can meet in the future?

Spyder Garage

I have one thing to take care of Saturday morning, but I will try to be there by 11.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Cycle Gear

Quote Originally Posted by mcatell69 View Post
    I know this is a bad weekend to try to set up a meeting. It was the first time I had available. I will still be at Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd. and Washington St. at 11am Sat 5-24 in case anyone wants to go. I appreciate everyone's response and interest. Does anyone have a suggestion when and where we can meet in the future?
    Once a month CycleGear at Castleton Mall has a bike night. Usually has lot of bikes out there and I've heard two spyders are usually in attendance. I believe the first thursday of every month. Not sure if we can all make it on a weekday but it's a start

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Met with John (Retread) yesterday at Blueberry Pancake House. We talked about getting an owners group together, ate breakfast, then went on a short ride. Enjoyed talking to John. We are looking forward to meet other Spyder Riders! I work all week long and weekends are best for me too. However, I am willing to meet on a weekday evening. I am willing to meet anywhere it's convenient for everyone else. If we want to meet at the Castleton Bike Night, let's do it. FYI, I've heard of a vintage bike night across the street from Greens Pub on 10th St. just east of Emerson Ave on the 1st Thursday of the month starting around 6pm. The next one will be on June 5th. Everyone enjoy and have a safe holiday weekend! Mike and Gigi
    Last edited by mcatell69; 06-05-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is anyone interested in a ride this weekend? Mike

Spyder Garage

Can't make it this weekend mike, sorry.

john

Spyder Garage

I belong to IMG in which members have all types of bikes. There are 3 of us ladies who have spyders now plus a few others. We might be interested in getting together for a ride. We just got back from visiting one of our spyder systers in Ohio and had talked to Sue Hopper about possibly coming to Indy to do some painting if anyone would be interested.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Went to the Vintage Bike Night tonight, it was pretty cool. We saw a old Harley with a sidecar and several other vintage bikes. I will be riding to Peru to get my break-in oil change and laser alignment this Sat the 7th of June. Can't wait to feel the difference after the alignment. Ride safe everyone! Keep the rubber side down and the sunny side up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile break in oil change

Got my 3000 mile break in oil change and front end alignment at Maximum Power Sports in Peru, In yesterday. Excellent people there! Excellent pricing! The best $267 I've spent so far on my new 2014 Can Am RT Limited. The front was out of toe by 1 1/8". I watched the tech work for every bit of an hour plus doing the break in check list, oil change and cleaning all the assembly oil off the frame and parts. The bike rides straight and true, no vibrations, even corners better. I highly recommend Maximum Power Sports to anyone in the central Indiana area!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vintage Bike night

July 3rd is vintage bike night at the Steer Inn 5130 E. 10th St. There are really nice old bikes there and I'm told the food is good. I'll be there around 7pm. Anyone interested?

Spyder Garage

Interested, but won't be able to commit for a while.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's been awhile and thought I'd check in to see if anyone wants to meet to see if there is interest in a spyder owners group here in Indy. I'm open for suggestions. Mike

I have been talking with some folks here in the Indiana forum to see if anyone would be interested in forming as Spyder Club here in Indy. There seems to be some interest. So if you're interested, we will be meeting this Sat (May 24th) at the Blueberry Hill Pancake House at Franklin Rd and Washington St. here in Indianapolis at 11am. I know some of you said you can't make it but are interested. I can't wait to meet you at the next meeting! My name is Mike. My wife and I own a 2014 Spyder RT Ltd. We live on Indy's southeast side. We went to Spyderfest in Springfield, Mo. and saw all the clubs there and thought "Why doesn't Indy have a club?" You could see the friendships, common interest (Spyder owners, sharing info, new ideas), and all the fun they were all having. We would like to meet other Spyder owners, ride with them, and make new friendships, and share in the fun of owning a Can Am Spyder. Although I have never done anything like this, I am willing to put time in learning and doing to help get a club together. So if you can't make it this weekend, and think you might be interested, reply here so we can see who's interested. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to meeting you! Mike and Gigi

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's been awhile and thought I'd check in to see if anyone wants to meet to see if there is interest in a spyder owners group here in Indy. I'm open for suggestions. Mike
    We would be interested in joining a riding group. Has there been others interested?

Spyder Garage

Would be interested, thanks for the leadership
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If anyone is an early riser, I'm riding up to Maximum Power Sports in Peru, In Sat morning for some warranty work. Then test driving a spyder to ride around the area. If your interested riding call me at 317-714-8104 or email me at: mcatell69@yahoo.com. Mike and Gigi

Spyder Garage

Any Spyder's going on the Legacy Run starting in Indy to Kings Mountain, NC. this weekend. The run is for 5 days. The start is at the American Legion Hall. I will be making the run with a bunch of bikers. Bob

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hello all! I'm going to keep trying. Anyone interested in a Labor Day ride? Let's do this! I'll check back to see if anyone is interested. My contact info is on this thread. Be free! Ride on three!

Spyder Garage

Default We'll be on our way to Florida.

Hello all! I'm going to keep trying. Anyone interested in a Labor Day ride? Let's do this! I'll check back to see if anyone is interested. My contact info is on this thread. Be free! Ride on three!

We're leaving the 31st for Destin, Florida with stops in Atlanta and Orlando to visit family and friends before headling to Destin. Will have to make another ride. Thanks for putting this together.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Johnson County Sheriff's Charity Ride - Saturday 8/23/14 @ 10AM. Registration starts at 8:00AM. We are 99% sure of being there. Forming up at Franklin Walmart. Registraction is $30 single rider and $40 with passenger. First 300 registered will get a T-shirt. Proceeds go to: Riley Children's Hospital, COTA (Children's Organ Transplant Assn), Johnson County Community Foundation, Johnson County Special Olympics, and other local charitable organizations. Hope to see you there.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

There is a group of spyders riding Labor Day. We are meeting at the Speedway Gas Station in Plainfield, In. at I-70 & 267 at 10 am Labor Day Morning. Message me for more info. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Hope you're group is blessed with blue skies and sunny weather. Ride safe.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I am planning on trying to be there.