Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default handlebar risers for 13 rs

Well just bought a 013 rs se5. What a mistake, can't get comfortable with the low bars, of course being 70 years old doesn't help. Can't find any risers that fit! What have you guys done to solve this problem? I have been reading a lot of posts but not sure what to do? Any ideas! Dennis

Spyder Garage

Default hey dennis

so far there are no specific risers for the new style bars. what people are doing is swapping them out with st or rt bars to get more height and pull back. the best part is , they look totally natural on the bike. as more folks put the tri-axis bars on their rt's, there will be more rt bars available. i'm told it's a pretty easy job.
    Last edited by coz; 05-21-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

you could put out a request on looking to buy for those bars. There are many that have changed them already. Also check cheapcycleparts.com see what they have...good luck,,!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupthe help064
    handlebarsd put out a request on looking to buy for those bars. There are many that have changed them already. Also check cheapcycleparts.com see what they have...good luck,,!!
    I am also looking for handlebars from a st or rt. Where would i post a request. I have 13 rs.
    Thanks for the help

Spyder Garage

Default ST Handlebars!

I just swapped my RS handle bars for the ST handle bars, I pick up my bike tomorrow but got to sit on it today and boy is there a big difference! I think it will make the ride soooo much more comfortable! I would recommend it. There is a thread on the DIY section on how to do it.
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default risers for rs

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    so far there are no specific risers for the new style bars. what people are doing is swapping them out with st or rt bars to get more height and pull back. the best part is , they look totally natural on the bike. as more folks put the tri-axis bars on their rt's, there will be more rt bars available. i'm told it's a pretty easy job.
    Thanks for the information , is there enough slack in the wires for the rt bars l'm quite sure I would like them best. Will try to get some bars as soon as possible it's getting rideing weather here in the northwest!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by denniswheat1 View Post
    Thanks for the information , is there enough slack in the wires for the rt bars l'm quite sure I would like them best. Will try to get some bars as soon as possible it's getting rideing weather here in the northwest!
    Exelent video on DIY on the swap. Plenty of slack. Just have to nip some zip ties. Watch video it is good and looks pretty basic

Spyder Garage

I put a how-to thread in the DIY section when I did my RS -ST handlebar swap. It is very easy to do and is a great looking swap. I'm not sure how well the RT bars would work, but the ST bars are the way to go in my opinion. If you buy all the parts new it is about $200, IF you can find a spare set of ST bars your going to pay $50-$100 for them. Most people are not removing their ST bars so they are pretty hard to come by. If you have any questions about the swap give me a shout, Good luck..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default handlebar swap

Quote Originally Posted by hchays View Post
    I put a how-to thread in the DIY section when I did my RS -ST handlebar swap. It is very easy to do and is a great looking swap. I'm not sure how well the RT bars would work, but the ST bars are the way to go in my opinion. If you buy all the parts new it is about $200, IF you can find a spare set of ST bars your going to pay $50-$100 for them. Most people are not removing their ST bars so they are pretty hard to come by. If you have any questions about the swap give me a shout, Good luck..
    It looks like I'll go with the ST bar swap, I've found a part source wanting about 125.00 for the bars, what other parts would I need besides the stock interchangeable parts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by denniswheat1 View Post
    Well just bought a 013 rs se5. What a mistake, can't get comfortable with the low bars, of course being 70 years old doesn't help. Can't find any risers that fit! What have you guys done to solve this problem? I have been reading a lot of posts but not sure what to do? Any ideas! Dennis
    Was doing some browsing last night. Black Widow now makes 4 1/2"for the 2013 rs.
    Check them out!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Was doing some browsing last night. Black Widow now makes 4 1/2"for the 2013 rs.
    Check them out!!
    4 1/2" is a lot of lift (and I'm 6'6").

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy new handlebars

Have some st handlebars on order, going to try that first, maybe add risers later. I can't seem to find the video that was mentioned on the swap. Went on 150 mile ride yesterday and was very sore and disappointed with the bike!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Check them out!!
    It looks like the handle bar riser will only fit 08-2012 , the 2013 handle bar is different.