Spyder Garage

Default i don't think this is political

but if anyone does i will pull the post.

most people know that us new yorkers that live and work around or in the city are a pretty strange breed, that having been said i read a article today that has totally pissed off and angered me. we all know they just opened the 9-11 museum in downtown Manhattan in the shadows of the world trade center. when i had my lady friend here we went to see it and we paid to get in. now i read they are opening a souvenir shop so people can buy tee shirts and hats and other stuff. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS. i believe in free enterprise, but at a sacred site why sell things to remember the disaster, there are enough street venders selling stuff down there about 9-11 so why at the museum.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

A little more fuel. I recall reading about this guy that chased the money changers out of the temple. He got into trouble too.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, but this is so wrong on so many levels.

I cannot appreciate the mindset of those who exploit the deaths of so many innocents solely to make money.

Honestly I believe that they should have left a bloody big hole in the ground as a sacred reminder...it would have had more significance than what they have.

I could say more, but respect for my adoptive country says "No".

Spyder Garage

I understand you're anger. Although I don't agree with the souvenir shop in this case , most museums rely on the "gift shop" as a source of income to help maintain it. There is another issue with the unidentified remains of the victims. The museum wants to put them on "display" as it were. The families don't want that to happen and I agree with them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-zero/9098869/

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default what i think again

the remains are a different subject and i don't want to get started with a rant on that, after the first bombing at the trade center i was sent there to repair electrical work and to upgrade the security systems in the buildings, not just me but the shop i was working for at that time. on one of the basement levels where a couple of people were killed in the bombing they had a small memorial set up, not open to the public, but had their names and a few other things to remember them by. i feel they should do the same thing with the remains of the people lost that can't be identified. only the workers and loved ones of people lost that never recovered any remains should know about this, and these people should be granted access to the area forever to just say a prayer and the public should not know it exists nor should they be allowed to see it. ok cover it on the news one time and that's it, loved ones of the lost should only be the ones allowed.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

as to what they have planned to sell. If it is to commerate the heroics of first responders and those that did all they could to help in this tragedy I could accept. Anything else no way.... So basically fire fighters, police, emt's etc....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    as to what they have planned to sell. If it is to commerate the heroics of first responders and those that did all they could to help in this tragedy I could accept. Anything else no way.... So basically fire fighters, police, emt's etc....
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a tough deal; no matter where you fall in this debate...
    I would also rather see a place of quiet introspection; only how do you leave some of the most valuable real estate on the Planet undeveloped?
    Gift shop; if stocked with tasteful memorabilia; okay!
    Graphic scenes of that day's tragic events; not so much...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Don't get me started.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I will say this and no more. Why are the "wheeles being paid so much money ?
    I do not care how valuable land is. The memory of thousands of people killed is worth a lot more.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Unbelievable...quoted from cuznjohn's link.

In a twist, a plaque says the store was “made possible through the generosity of Paul Napoli and Marc Bern,” partners in a law firm that reaped $200 million in taxpayer-funded fees and expenses after suing the city for nearly 10,000 Ground Zero workers.

To me, that's sickening.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So how do we express our outrage in an effective manner? Not visit the site??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So how do we express our outrage in an effective manner? Not visit the site??
    I do want to visit; but, I won't visit the store.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I do want to visit; but, I won't visit the store.
    Looks like a great solution to me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red