Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My point of view is this. At the end of the 2013 season Dealers were selling the same bike I paid $24k 4 mo. earlier ( and I got $1500 off) for at a price of $18-19k. Did they make a profit? You betcha they would go out of business if they did not. That selling price was 25%+ off MSRP ( which is RECOMMENDED price) I do not buy into the fire sale reasoning. If BRP is marking up the MSRP over 25% that is price gouging plain and simple. Usual profit margin for most retail items is 10-15%. So what is the REAL manufacturing cost of a Spyder? 50-70% of MSRP? We will never know but they sure did make a lot of money last year after they went public on the stock exchange. Unless a dealer is prohibited from selling below MSRP any deal mentioned is fair game for posting here and is helping the dealer who is not gouging vs those that are IMHO. It is also help us who have dealt with the constant issues and found fixes for BRP to use for free and we deserve a price break.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeeMaybee View Post
    ...I would say it more likely keeps them price consistent....
    Ever hear of the kinked demand curve? Competitive and somewhat consistent are very closely related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinked_demand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pricing
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 05-18-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ad in-consumer

There are no absolutes, but in most cases information benefits the consumer. Consumers union has been around a long time with that premise. Get a good review and demand increases, production increases and prices often lower as more retailers enter the market for a share of the market. Then again, start having a product like the 2013 rt get dissed on line and watch the prices fall as dealers unload those units, even at a loss, to make room for the new improved savior Spyder-2014 rt.
    Posting info on line allows the consumer to be armed and ready for vehicle negotiation. The salesperson is the pro and we buyers need all the ammo we can muster to help level the playing field. Just my take on subj.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vrooom View Post
    I agree with you. I've noticed the same. Me thinks many frequent posters here identify closely with the business world in their own professional lives and dislike seeing a retailer trashed. These vehicles aren't cheap and they appeal to an above average income, maybe more fiscally conservative base. Also, many active posters may be selling a spyder related item or service themselves? It is an interesting dynamic.
    I think I must of made a large mistake when I bought L'ILL RED. My income is well below average. But when the Misses saw L'ILL RED she said that is the one! So if ya'll rich folks have to much money you can send it my way! My name is PELLCITYPETE an I approve of this Message
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red