Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Roadside Assistance

I noticed a comment or two about Roadside Assistance and I just got the renewal information for my Good Sam program. I've been a member for 16 years and think VERY highly of the program and professional treatment my wife and I have had over the years. Program covers: Unlimited Distance Towing; Flat tire changes, battery jump start, lost key; ALL vehicles are covered as well as all family members. This is just a brief outline of services. Now for my own experience with Good Sam. 1. flat tire replaced with spare (just sign and go) 2. flat tire that needed a new tire (pay for tire; sign and go for service) 3. Key locked inside vehicle (vehicle opened; sign and go) 4. Large Freightliner truck engine would not start - called local mobile maintenance and engine sensor was replaced. I contacted Good Sam and they said to pay the bill and send it to them. I did; and they refunded me the rode side service charge -I paid for the repair. This was a win-win and I could have had it towed for a LOT of $$, but was repaired on the road (well, off the road where it was safe). One other time I was towed but not by a Good Sam provider (Texas Highway Officer got a local wrecker for us and saved hours over the nearest Good Sam wrecker - we were in the sticks at the time). I paid for the wrecker and sent the bill to Good Sam and it was promptly paid back to me. Price has increased over the 16 years - current annual charge is $114.95. Just another option for you to think about.

Ride Safe

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Sounds like what AAA offers. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Yup, except AAA only offers it for motorcycles if you have their PLUS plan. I don't think it's included in the standard plan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Yup, except AAA only offers it for motorcycles if you have their PLUS plan. I don't think it's included in the standard plan.
    Check the AAA website about what the standard plan offers.
    Deanna777

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We used to have AAA, totally dropped it now. We have had some issues in the past with them and the RV plan we have with Coach Net covers more IMHO. I also have roadside from AMA, but the one time I needed RA sitting on the side of the road in VA 12 miles from the NC border they were effectively useless. I was traveling through the area with no idea of what was available where and they wouldn't help me until I told them where I wanted to be towed to.

While not everyone is going to agree with us on Good Sam, AAA, or Coach-Net, it is good for folks to know that they have options that they may never have considered before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    We used to have AAA, totally dropped it now. We have had some issues in the past with them and the RV plan we have with Coach Net covers more IMHO. I also have roadside from AMA, but the one time I needed RA sitting on the side of the road in VA 12 miles from the NC border they were effectively useless. I was traveling through the area with no idea of what was available where and they wouldn't help me until I told them where I wanted to be towed to.

While not everyone is going to agree with us on Good Sam, AAA, or Coach-Net, it is good for folks to know that they have options that they may never have considered before.
    Up here in the Northeast we do not have Good Sam or Coach-Net. yes, it is good to know that we have other options. Deanna777

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Check the AAA website about what the standard plan offers.
    Deanna777
    What AAA offers varies by state. In MO, I'd have to get their RV plan as the Plus won't cover the Spyder. I didn't feel like paying $170+ in my state for that when Good Sam does the same for <$90/yr. So far, I haven't needed any roadside **knock on wood**.

Spyder Garage

Up here in the Northeast we do not have Good Sam or Coach-Net. yes, it is good to know that we have other options. Deanna777
    Good Sam and Coachnet offer full service in all 50 states. Vermont was still part of the US last time I looked at a map.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Here in Quebec, with the CAA, it's the member who is cover, not the vehicule. If you drive your car and have a problem, you call CAA for road assistance. Next day (or week or month), you drive your Spyder and have a problem, you call CAA for, again, road assistance. Same for bicycle... As many vehicule a member have or drove (even he is not the owner), he is protected and can ask CAA for help. And that for 89$/year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Or if you have the PREMIER plan, Optional RV/ motorcycle Roadside Assistance $ 30.00.
    Deanna777

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post

Sent PM
    Deanna777

Spyder Garage

I have had Good Sam Roadside Assistance for years in the Northeast. I have had them pull me out when I was buried to the axle in mud in my Class A. They have changed a tire on my MH for me. Used them for battery jumps in winter. Even had lock out service on my truck. Although the bikes are covered I have not had to use them.

Quicker response then AAA.

Spyder Garage

Default PA AAA

In PA I had to get the RV plus plan to have the spyder covered

Spyder Garage

We HAD triple A for many years (while living in NY and NJ), paid for the premium service since we have a fifth wheel. After several years of paying for this service, we found out (after much indepth questioning), they would not tow a fifth wheel, nor help with assistance. Also found out that triple A from the Northeast, is not recognized out in the western states, so again, you are paying for a service that you cannot use.
    As for Good Sam, we had them, also. Had a blowout on our fifth wheel along an interstate. Called and waited online for over 30 minutes to talk with someone. Was told" we can't get anyone to help you as we are swamped with assistance in LA due to flooding in that state. I was calling from TN and they couldn't help??? Husband finally got the tire changed and we made it home. Called them once again, while in PA for assistance; waited and waited and waited before they ever came on the line and was told it was after hours. We dropped them so fast and return their mail unopened all the time.
    We now have AMA service and it will help, no matter what we are driving: i.e., fifth wheel, motorcycle or spyder.

Spyder Garage

Can someone explain to me what Good Sam is? Is it like AAA, an insurance company or what. I have never heard of them.

Thanks

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaSpyderRyder View Post
    In PA I had to get the RV plus plan to have the spyder covered
    I also have to get the same plan, if I want to have my spyder covered (RV/ motorcycle Plus). Deanna777

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Camping clubs

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Can someone explain to me what Good Sam is? Is it like AAA, an insurance company or what. I have never heard of them.

Thanks
    Good Sam is a RV organization. They rate RV parks - publish an annual RV campground directory - offer discounts at some parks - have a nice magazine issued bi-monthly (if I remember the time correctly). When we first had our vehicle insurance coverage, it was with Campers World (they have stores all over the US - sell parts, service RV's as well as sell them at some locations). Good Sam took over the coverage some years ago.

Twice while on the road I had issues that required Good Sam help - I obtained help from someone outside their network. I sent Good Sam the bill and it was paid. No questions asked. If you are on the side of the road with a flat and they have help available in 4 hours (this is an example) and there is a tire shop across the road from you - get your tire situation fixed and send Good Sam the bill. As long as they have a record of your call and what you are doing to solve the issue, there is no problem with getting a prompt refund. This is exactly what happened to me on my 40' motorhome - flat tire and could not move as the tire was against the wheel well of the motorhome. Texas State trouper helped get a wrecker to me in 10 minutes - the tow bill was $250.00 (don't remember the exact amount) and it was refunded to me by Good Sam. Again, Good Sam had a record of my call and I kept them informed of my progress.

Coverage is anywhere in the 50 States, Canada, Puerto Rico. U.S. Virgin Islands and Mexico.

I have no financial interest in this coverage - and my comments are my own and based on my first hand experiences.

Hope this helps.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks..!!

good to know...will look into my service cause that seems to be a good deal...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post

Thanks
    I have not heard of Good Sam either, would someone explain what Good Sam is.

Does Good Sam have a website?

How much does it Cost per year?

Deanna777

Spyder Garage

I have not heard of Good Sam either, would someone explain what Good Sam is.

Does Good Sam have a website?

How much does it Cost per year?

Deanna777
    Roadside Assistance = http://www.goodsamroadside.com

Club (if you have and RV) = http://www.goodsamclub.com

No need to join the club.