Spyder Garage

Default Screen resetting issue...

I drove my 2010 RT-S down to the Myrtle Beach Spyder Rally. Everything was fine on the ride down, no issues at all. Yesterday I start having issues with my LCD resetting randomly while riding down the road. It will always just freeze randomly while riding and stay that way until you cut it off. Has anyone had this problem before? I did a search, but didn't find anything. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

Spyder Garage

Check your battery connections! If they come loose a little odd things like this happen.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Could also mean the battery is starting to die.

Spyder Garage

So if I take that back panel off and take it to advanced auto, could they test my Spyder battery or does that only work for car batteries?

Spyder Garage

Default Elecrical..!!

loose connection somewhere. Have you done or had done any electical work done, battery tender led lights turn signal lights etc. As stated above check all battery connections at battery at jumper points and grounding points. Best pull the battery to have it checked. Check all (wiggle) fuses and relays and hope this solves the problem....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Loose battery cable (usually ground) and a weak battery are usual culprits of this issue. Check your terminals and test the load on the battery.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

If you have a battery warehouse near you, they can check the "state" of your battery. If it is bad they also have motorcycle batteries in stock.

Spyder Garage

Battery Warehouse can check your battery and if bad they also have motorcycle batteries. I bought one from them for my 2010 RTS. It cost about $100.
    Sorry for two posts. I had problems with internet.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

In addition, if not the battery or connections,,, then the gauge cluster could be flaking out. When I had a Spyder, it showed these same symptoms. In my case, the cluster was bad. Sometimes mine would reset, other times, I'd get a black screen with a few lines. Eventually that was all I got. Some of the controls, signals wouldn't work. But I was able to ride the RT to the dealer.