Spyder Garage

Default Another muffler question...

So first I have searched a bit on muffler questions.
    It seems its all about taste when people list there opinions on aftermarket mufflers.

So my question is if you had to rate mufflers from loudest/neighbor waking to minimal upgrade. Where would the scale start and end?
    I seen Lamont had a micron a while back only to find they don't make them anymore.
    I find myself leaning towards something loud but closer to Harley not crotchrocket.

Any answers I thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what you do..!!

go onto you tube and there you can see and listen to the many pipes offered. Audio is not true to actual sound but close. Now you also want to consider how much this will affect your machine..will you need to modify your air system add a fuel controler etc. I have a Hindle and love it. I modified my air system as well but do not run a fuel controler. All this has improved performance considerably. I ryde with many who have a variety of 2brothers which I find louder. If it is looks and tone it will depend on your model. Your profile has no reference to your roadster...Yoshimura 77 is a real nice one with removable baffling and no mods needed...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default MUFFER

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Not a good answer for you. We were headed west on a local ride to pickup some items. On a divided 45 mph road, a Spyder went east, with a wave we passed. Once to the rear of the other Spyder it was way loud, to the point I thought it was an open pipe. Don't know what brand exhaust, but wil say that making it loud seems easy. The bike we saw has a roar to it. Might want to consider sound quality and with it the decibels.

Is the Harley tone possible with a 2 into 1 system? Most rumbling Harleys run separate exhaust for each cylinder, plus the pipes are long.

PK
    Since the spyder RPM's are about double that of a Harley I don't see how getting the same rumble can be done. I tried but couldn't. Good luck with you Ride !!
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My Harley friends call my Spyder a "Harley Spyder" due to the sound produced by my Leo Vince exhaust. Not obnoxiously loud with the baffle removed...but I'm the loudest Spyder I've heard in the greater Sacramento area. Much more expensive than the Yoshimura and 2BR...but far superior to both in my opinion. My Two Bro s had to be re - riveted 3 times in its lifetime, but Leo Vince is just what I was seeking. Deep throaty sound not usually attributed to the Spyder, yet my neighbors still like me. Leo Vince will run in the area of the Akropavich as far as price, but will deliver better performance and sound. Happy shopping!!!

Spyder Garage

Default TBR carbon canister

I have just fitted a TBR carbon slip on system, I purchased it more for the looks than the sound. My spyder has a "carbon" theme going on so that's why I went for it.
    I was amazed when I removed the stock muffler to find it weighed 10kg compared to the 1kg of the TBR muffler.
    The bonus with the TBR system is that you can fit one of their PX-1 power tips if you don't want it too loud, this is what I have done and I'm very pleased with the result.
    IMG_0171.jpgTBR slip on carbon canister.jpgIMG_0175.jpg
    The other thing I did was to paint the stainless steel muffler mounting band, connecting pipe and heat shield black.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 STS

I have been on YouTube but not a lot on sts or they are older video.
    I did see Lamont's micron which I liked.
    Its not looks as much ad sound that I want. Loud but not high pitched loud.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    My Harley friends call my Spyder a "Harley Spyder" due to the sound produced by my Leo Vince exhaust. Not obnoxiously loud with the baffle removed...but I'm the loudest Spyder I've heard in the greater Sacramento area. Much more expensive than the Yoshimura and 2BR...but far superior to both in my opinion. My Two Bro s had to be re - riveted 3 times in its lifetime, but Leo Vince is just what I was seeking. Deep throaty sound not usually attributed to the Spyder, yet my neighbors still like me. Leo Vince will run in the area of the Akropavich as far as price, but will deliver better performance and sound. Happy shopping!!!
    I will look this up for sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Tony View Post
    I took a look at the site. Which exhaust do you have?
    it seems like they have a lot.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

While at Spyderfest this year in Springfield I had a Spyder Attitude dual muffler system installed. Very quick install and it sounds freaking awesome (in my opinion). I swear that my gas milage and power curve have improved (probably wishful thinking) and it has a nice throaty rumble and roar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JXVolker View Post
    While at Spyderfest this year in Springfield I had a Spyder Attitude dual muffler system installed. Very quick install and it sounds freaking awesome (in my opinion). I swear that my gas milage and power curve have improved (probably wishful thinking) and it has a nice throaty rumble and roar.
    Let me know if you ever do a video for these mufflers

Spyder Garage

Default Leo Vince does sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by KIDDX View Post
    I will look this up for sure.
    Here is a link to a video of the Leo Vince on a Spyder. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...3AAB8A3065D0DE
    2013 RTS SE5
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700

Spyder Garage

Default video of my micron

love my mircon, not sure if they are available anymore.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6w...it?usp=sharing