Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Well.. Bikebandit.com doens't deserve any of our business.

Fastest growing segment in riding is trikes and they feel comfortable posting an article like this:

http://www.bikebandit.com/community/...es=og.comments

From the article:

6) To trikes and Can-Ams

Sorry guys, but I just find it awkward waving to vehicles on three wheels. I'll admit I'm not a really eager waver in general – but I'll wave to any bike, even scooters, out on the road when the circumstances are right. There's just something about the idea of being on two wheels that is inherently dangerous, that creates a kind of solidarity between you and the other folks on the road taking the risk for the thrill of riding.
    But trikes and Can-Ams? So much of the risk is gone there; that sense of freedom, and the danger that goes with it, goes away as soon that third wheel is added. I feel like a part of waving is kind of a mutual recognition of each other’s coolness. But three-wheels are so uncool, it just feels...unnatural. (Don't feel bad though...I'm certain trike and Can-Am riders wave to each other.)
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Fastest growing segment in riding is trikes and they feel comfortable posting an article like this:

From the article:

6) To trikes and Can-Ams

Sorry guys, but I just find it awkward waving to vehicles on three wheels. I'll admit I'm not a really eager waver in general – but I'll wave to any bike, even scooters, out on the road when the circumstances are right. There's just something about the idea of being on two wheels that is inherently dangerous, that creates a kind of solidarity between you and the other folks on the road taking the risk for the thrill of riding.
    But trikes and Can-Ams? So much of the risk is gone there; that sense of freedom, and the danger that goes with it, goes away as soon that third wheel is added. I feel like a part of waving is kind of a mutual recognition of each other’s coolness. But three-wheels are so uncool, it just feels...unnatural. (Don't feel bad though...I'm certain trike and Can-Am riders wave to each other.)
    They lost me.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

But more so does not deserve any of our time as well. This is all over the place and he is getting his minute of fame...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I used to purchase from them but have found that I can usually find things cheaper with cheaper shipping as well from other vendors.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

We won't be buying anything from them that's for sure even if I have to pay a few dollars more elsewhere.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

People who would waste breath, time, and thought on something like this plus write an article must feel threaten in some way by technological advancement or are they anti-spydemites?
    2014 Black RT SE6 - OEM backrest, fog lamps, & led light kit
    2012 NC 700XA (sold)

Spyder Garage

From the article:

6) To trikes and Can-Ams

That guy is a total idiot.
    No matter what I am riding, two or three wheels I wave at everyone.
    Everyone is out there having fun at their own speed and comfort level. Riding their own type of bike that they like and are comfortable with. Believe it or not that also changes with age levels. Everyone is the same no matter what they ride and their age.

The whole idea in most cases with normal people is to try and lessen the danger of riding an open vehicle, 2 or 3 wheels, on the road. We do everything we can to lessen any kind of risk, lights, helmets, flashing rear lights, riding in pairs when possible, etc.
    The idea that to have fun there must be some inherent danger with it seems to be somewhat shallow. I thought that I rode because I enjoyed it, not for a thrill of danger.
    I suppose I had no idea when I was waving that I was recognizing someone's coolness, very childish to say the least.

I am glad that the vast majority of people out there do not share this persons childish thoughts on riding bikes.
    Rick,
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Bikebandit.byebye
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

What a piece of trash he is.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Ignorant

He probably doesn't realize that those of us who now ride spyders and Trikes probably have more two wheel time and experience than he will ever have, and some still ride 2 wheels as well. Some of us ride 3 wheels because we want to take the wife/girlfriend along and they don't feel safe on 2 wheels, or we own both because she wants to ride her own. Who cares if he doesn't wave, just a lack of class on his part. I don't have to buy from him either. Bike Bandit has some kind of deal going with the AMA and I don't think this attitude is endorsed by them.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Default wave

From the article:

6) To trikes and Can-Ams

ive got a wave for him
    poor guy must have issues

Spyder Garage

What a complete tool, and what idiots the folks at Bike Bandit are for posting his drivel. No matter. Revzilla, Cycle Gear, Amazon, Jafrum, etc. appreciate my Spyder money.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a typical elitist. He has to separate and divide in order to make him self feel superior. I'd be more than happy to give him the one finger wave if I ever saw him. They will never get a dime of my money!

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

they lost my business

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In the words of Buggs Bunny "what a maroon"
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Wow, that's crazy.

Wonder what he thinks when Trikes are even more commonplace in 5 years, or 10 years...

It seems now that when it's convenient only 75% of bikes wave back around here.

Scooters to me are a different story. They just piss me off riding in 45-55 mph zones when they can barely do 30 mph!

Spyder Garage

Never heard of 'em. Regardless; let me perform a quick review of my thoughts to see if I actually care what their opinion on anything is.

Nope!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    He probably doesn't realize that those of us who now ride spyders and Trikes probably have more two wheel time and experience than he will ever have, and some still ride 2 wheels as well. Some of us ride 3 wheels because we want to take the wife/girlfriend along and they don't feel safe on 2 wheels, or we own both because she wants to ride her own. Who cares if he doesn't wave, just a lack of class on his part. I don't have to buy from him either. Bike Bandit has some kind of deal going with the AMA and I don't think this attitude is endorsed by them.
    Well said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody is entitled to an opinion...
    And mine ; I probably won't buy anything from him!

He probably cares just as much about my opinion; as I do his, anyway
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, that's crazy.

Scooters to me are a different story. They just piss me off riding in 45-55 mph zones when they can barely do 30 mph!
    I'll take the bait.

I have owned both a Burgman 650 & a Silverwing 600 & they would keep up with everything but out & out sport bikes. They would leave cruisers in their dust from a stop or through the twisties. Not all scooters are tarred with the same brush.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

" . . . mutual recognition of each other’s coolness. But three-wheels are so uncool, it just . . . "
    As Greg Gutfeld would say, we're not cool but we're good! It's OK to be "not cool."
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Sounds to be the ramblings of an idiot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    The two open air riding machines in my garage (with a total of five wheels) make for lots of fun. I bought the Spyder for the reason referred to in your post, BUT the surprise came when I nearly abandoned the HD in favor of the three-wheeler. It wasn't because my wife rode with me all of the time. It was because the Spyder was so fun.

I'd say that the author has a more obvious problem when he referred to riding a trike as not being cool. He's implying that he rides a two-wheeler to look cool, i.e. bring attention to himself, which I think is the wrong reason to ride. I'd also guess that the author would be much more likely to wave at a Harley trike because we all know even with three wheels, the emblem makes them cool.

The Spyder has opened the door for a number of people who would not ride, or continue to ride a two-wheeler, to get out on the road, riding in the open elements.

Spyder Garage

I have to laugh at narrow minded people like this.
    How does it affect them as to what I ride.
    All I can say is get a life!

As for Bike Bandit, get another customer, you won't be seeing any of my money!

And to all my fellow riders no matter how many wheels you have...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac