Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Araña805 View Post
    i have their email, service@bikebandit.com..... Let's all email him and educate him about our Spyders ... I was looking to for the one-finger wave icon....and we can do it with both hands!!
    Lets all send the link to this thread.

Spyder Garage

We have blocked the e-mail from bike bandit and will no longer be using them for any of the 2-wheel bikes and certainly not for my spyder. Penny

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I have found several vendors cheaper, and with cheaper shipping than bike bandit. Partszilla and cheapcycleparts are two that have been decent to me.
    Thanks for the info on Partszilla and cheapcycleparts. I had used Bike Bandit primarily for OEM parts when I needed them. Both of these alternatives look really good. I'll certainly give them a try and tell others about them as well.

Cotton

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default OPEN MOUTH…INSERT FOOT!

Very sad that one persons stupied comment and actions for a company can really effect the bottom line of future sales. With that kind of negative remark these days, it can have a trickling effect and this will.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! That was so loud, that you blew out a speaker!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well, good thing is...

I went through quite a few or the replies to that A$$hat and it was 99% negative. I couldn't tell you how many said it "its the Ride, not what you ride". He apparently isn't smart enough to know not to bite the hand that feeds you....
    I can hardly wait to see what this Arrogant Toadie has to say when he's forced to apologize!
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Fastest growing segment in riding is trikes and they feel comfortable posting an article like this:

http://www.bikebandit.com/community/...es=og.comments

From the article:

6) To trikes and Can-Ams

Sorry guys, but I just find it awkward waving to vehicles on three wheels. I'll admit I'm not a really eager waver in general – but I'll wave to any bike, even scooters, out on the road when the circumstances are right. There's just something about the idea of being on two wheels that is inherently dangerous, that creates a kind of solidarity between you and the other folks on the road taking the risk for the thrill of riding.
    But trikes and Can-Ams? So much of the risk is gone there; that sense of freedom, and the danger that goes with it, goes away as soon that third wheel is added. I feel like a part of waving is kind of a mutual recognition of each other’s coolness. But three-wheels are so uncool, it just feels...unnatural. (Don't feel bad though...I'm certain trike and Can-Am riders wave to each other.)

and how do they feel about Harley selling the Tri-Glide? its a 3 wheeler and a Harley?

do they look down their nose at their own?

idiots.....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

and I "used" to buy from them from time to time...

JT

Spyder Garage

Default My Response. Left a comment

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    and I "used" to buy from them from time to time...

JT
    WOW, Can't believe you left out trikes in the wave to category? I ride both and I wave when the oportunity is right. Yes I agree, there are times when you should not wave, when it puts you in danger, but telling someone not to wave to a trike rider, especially a current or prior two wheeler, is insulting. You may have just caused Biker Bandit some real business, I know I won't be buying from the bandit again. Honda VTX, Can Am Spyder rider. RT former member of Bike Bandit
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

Default The wave

Its funny how certain people feel the need to dictate other people lives/ decisions... Im in my 40's... never ridden a two wheeler... am not disabled... and have no excuse on why I ride a Spyder... I bought it with my money... I love ryding it... I wave to everyone whether they wave back or not and really dont give a crap if anyone does not like it... When someone comes up to me and either gives me a free two wheeler or buys me one then I will ride it,,, but for now i will continue my happy life on my 3 wheeler Spyder.... ryding around and enjoying my retirement gift to myself with my wife who also has a spyder... so to those haters and :P
    2014 Black RT

Spyder Garage

Another stupid comment is the commute thing. I commute 35 miles each way and I get and send probably 10 waves each way!

This guy just tripped on his D***.....
    I have a feeling his future in the business is going to be grim. Bad joojoo Aaron!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I snet the link to this thread to their email...
    I almost hope; that they get up the nerve to respond!

THEM:
    service@bikebandit.com
    THIS THREAD:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...f-our-business

Spyder Garage

I haven't bought from them since selling my Triumph Scrambler. But after reading his BS ramblings. Nope no more money from me.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The moron just doesn't get it. Here is his reply he posted this afternoon.

Author's Note

April 28, 2014, 2:04 PM
    Wow...the response to this article was a lot bigger than I expected.
    After reading through all the comments and emails, I want to thank many of you for bringing my attention to the fact that many of those who ride on three wheels are disabled, and a lot of them rode motorcycles for decades before having to make the switch to stay on the road. I will admit, that really didn’t occur to me when I wrote this, but I appreciate our readers taking the time to make that known to me. Certainly no offense was intended.
    As a veteran myself, I am especially disheartened that some people drew a line from my comment about not waving to trikes/Can-Ams to me disrespecting disabled veterans. I am extremely proud to be part of veteran community, and me having a lack of respect for any of them really couldn’t be further from the truth.
    So thanks for all your feedback, and for sharing some some new perspectives on the matter; I’ll have them in mind when I ride in the future.
    Respectfully,
    -Aaron Cortez

All he does is say he didn't mean to offend veterans, that he didn't realize so many disabled veterans ride on three wheels. Where has that dimwit been all these years? How on earth can anyone be involved in the motorcycle industry and not have seen dozens, if not hundreds, of older and disabled folks riding on three wheels? His sorry attempt at backpedaling without truly apologizing is a sorry comment on his sensitivity to people. He just dug himself deeper in the hole. Sad.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default we now move forward from this commercial break to the airwaves and Neil Young

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I can't tell you...

how many two, or three wheelers don't wave at me when I am in my car
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

total a#$*^&%! don't understand how guys like that make it through life when they have to hate so much!!! can't figure it out. just isn't my style, as I wave to everyone. even guys on lawn mowers!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, that's crazy.

Wonder what he thinks when Trikes are even more commonplace in 5 years, or 10 years...

It seems now that when it's convenient only 75% of bikes wave back around here.

Scooters to me are a different story. They just piss me off riding in 45-55 mph zones when they can barely do 30 mph!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    I'll take the bait.

I have owned both a Burgman 650 & a Silverwing 600 & they would keep up with everything but out & out sport bikes. They would leave cruisers in their dust from a stop or through the twisties. Not all scooters are tarred with the same brush.
    I used to own Burgman 650 and thought it was a very powerful and surprisingly economical machine. I liked it, but then I saw a Spyder and fall in love with it.
    Last edited by Barlock; 04-28-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Spyder Garage

Default Hasta la vista!

Unsubscribed!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    The moron just doesn't get it. Here is his reply he posted this afternoon.

All he does is say he didn't mean to offend veterans, that he didn't realize so many disabled veterans ride on three wheels. Where has that dimwit been all these years? How on earth can anyone be involved in the motorcycle industry and not have seen dozens, if not hundreds, of older and disabled folks riding on three wheels? His sorry attempt at backpedaling without truly apologizing is a sorry comment on his sensitivity to people. He just dug himself deeper in the hole. Sad.
    At least we know who to NOT buy from. This guy isn't even a tool. Tools are useful.

i am not disabled. I ride a trike BECAUSE I like it.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    total a#$*^&%! don't understand how guys like that make it through life when they have to hate so much!!! can't figure it out. just isn't my style, as I wave to everyone. even guys on lawn mowers!!
    Chuck,
    Are you, "Hating the haters"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chuck,
    Are you, "Hating the haters"?
    i think we all are!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You may just be right...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

60 yrs old and first bike of any kind..2013 RT. Bought it as an incentive for my wife to beat cancer and then go riding! She did and we are. But damn! I wanted to be cool!! Only one regret, waited way too long to buy one. Love it!

Spyder.jpeg
    Last edited by Dewitt53; 04-29-2014 at 08:28 AM.